Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What punishment would you expect from a school?

What punishment would you expect from a school?

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What punishment would you expect from a school?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've always been of the opinion that teachers should not work in the same school their children attend. That goes doubly for someone in her position. It's unfair on the child hearing other kids bitching about their parent and it's impossible for the parent to teach their child or child's best friend.
Originally Posted by julesandco
I would have thought it would be really hard for the children too.

Mind you - there's SO much nepetism at our school, it's a joke. Always the teacher's kids / teaching assistants / Class Carers kids that get picked out and sung the praises of in Assembly.
Would have to agree with both of you on parents working at the school where their children go, it's full of potential for conflict of interest and breaches of confidentiality. Happens at our state primary too. One poor mum had complained about something done to her daughter, and was verbally attacked by two mums at school, one of whom worked there and the other's husband was on the school council. They could only have heard about the complaint from the school.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Would have to agree with both of you on parents working at the school where their children go, it's full of potential for conflict of interest and breaches of confidentiality. Happens at our state primary too. One poor mum had complained about something done to her daughter, and was verbally attacked by two mums at school, one of whom worked there and the other's husband was on the school council. They could only have heard about the complaint from the school.
I work at my daughters school and she has to call me Mrs Marsh when I am working, I am definitely not Mum. It is more than my job is worth to breach confidentiality. If you can prove what you say then you should report it.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I work at my daughters school and she has to call me Mrs Marsh when I am working, I am definitely not Mum. It is more than my job is worth to breach confidentiality. If you can prove what you say then you should report it.
I already have, along with various other things, and there will be more to come. Unfortunately too many people don't speak up and the necessary changes don't happen.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:42 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

How disgusting that the counsellor did not act immediately on your sons information!
My daughter went to her counsellor to ask what to do as her friend at another school (just so happens to be Catholic) was being bullied and had been all through this year 7. She had told my daughter the only way out was to kill herself (parents had also recently seperated).
Daughters school notified the Catholic one immediately and persisted that they get the parents in for a meeting that did happen.
The Catholic school had done nothing about the bullying, not any kind of punishment and still after all this... nothing.
She is moving schools very soon to a state school.

How does your son feel about moving schools? I guess he is thinking why should he when he has done nothing wrong - which is right but I really feel for you about what to do for the best, IMHO definately persue with the police. Sending ((((hugs)))) x x x x
Old Oct 4th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I would have called the police when it was clear the school wasn't going to do much. The boys are 13, it was assault. Maybe the parents will be a little less relaxed when they have the police on their doorstep. I would be particularly livid at the boy being allowed to represent the school in the near future - I would expect that to be the first thing to go.

We had to go to the police when our son was assaulted by a teacher in a UK school. The school was very anxious to do nothing and discredit our son's story until that point but once the police were involved they had to take action.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:44 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

We have an interview for another school on Monday (phew)

The Police still haven't actioned our Son's statement; it's 'waiting to be allocated to a Detective.'

This week, the lad pinned our son up against the wall again and was pulled away by two other students. He called our son a C*** and was generally abusive. This happened on Wednesday; last night,my son lost it and broke down, telling me everything that happened. He'd been off school Monday, we were called to pick him up on Tuesday; it transpires he wasn't sick at all, just can't face school anymore

This morning we went into see the school. Apart from me having to ask the Prinicipal not to shout and me and please lower her voice(!), she claimed that the attack on my son (resulting in a broken arm) would not be classed as assault until the Police deemed it assault and 'had we even reported it as they have heard nothing'. Err, yes - would you like the Crime number? Unfortuately, the Police do not work for us and we can't dictate when they choose to action our statement!

She claimed that they couldn't help if they weren't aware of the incident that we reported today, however when the Principal left the room, the Head of Middle school mentioned that the aggressor came to her and told her that there had been an 'incident' between the two of them; she chose not to do anything about it in terms of telling other teaching staff, asking our son what happened, or informing us - his parents! The look on the Principal's face when we raised this when she returned to the room was priceless!

I don't know if I mentioned that we were back at the school a few weeks ago as the lad threatened another student; a girl this time. The school said they had investigated it and actually, the girl wasn't that bothered or upset by it, so they let it go.

The boy was 'depressed', so his mum kept him off of school for three days. Co-incidentally when the new PS3 game was launched that he'd clocked up 24 hours playing

Our son's class were having a discussion yesterday when the teacher asked who was looking forward to the break. When my son said yes, she replied (in front of the class), that he may as well have broken up already for the amount of work he is doing!! Nice, eh?

There is lots of talk around school, goading both boys into fighting. My son is not scared of him, but I am worried now that a group of boys will jump him and he won't stand a chance. His ex-friend is manipulating my son's friends into taking sides and generally shit-stirring.

So, today, we have applied for a restraining order. It goes before the children's court next week. I want to make sure that I am doing as much as pysically possible to protect my son and if the other boy does flip, it won't be my son that comes off worse!

And breathe...........

Jules x
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

The Police still haven't actioned our Son's statement; it's 'waiting to be allocated to a Detective.'

This week, the lad pinned our son up against the wall again and was pulled away by two other students. He called our son a C*** and was generally abusive. This happened on Wednesday; last night,my son lost it and broke down, telling me everything that happened. He'd been off school Monday, we were called to pick him up on Tuesday; it transpires he wasn't sick at all, just can't face school anymore

This morning we went into see the school. Apart from me having to ask the Prinicipal not to shout and me and please lower her voice(!), she claimed that the attack on my son (resulting in a broken arm) would not be classed as assault until the Police deemed it assault and 'had we even reported it as they have heard nothing'. Err, yes - would you like the Crime number? Unfortuately, the Police do not work for us and we can't dictate when they choose to action our statement!

She claimed that they couldn't help if they weren't aware of the incident that we reported today, however when the Principal left the room, the Head of Middle school mentioned that the aggressor came to her and told her that there had been an 'incident' between the two of them; she chose not to do anything about it in terms of telling other teaching staff, asking our son what happened, or informing us - his parents! The look on the Principal's face when we raised this when she returned to the room was priceless!

I don't know if I mentioned that we were back at the school a few weeks ago as the lad threatened another student; a girl this time. The school said they had investigated it and actually, the girl wasn't that bothered or upset by it, so they let it go.

The boy was 'depressed', so his mum kept him off of school for three days. Co-incidentally when the new PS3 game was launched that he'd clocked up 24 hours playing

Our son's class were having a discussion yesterday when the teacher asked who was looking forward to the break. When my son said yes, she replied (in front of the class), that he may as well have broken up already for the amount of work he is doing!! Nice, eh?

There is lots of talk around school, goading both boys into fighting. My son is not scared of him, but I am worried now that a group of boys will jump him and he won't stand a chance. His ex-friend is manipulating my son's friends into taking sides and generally shit-stirring.

So, today, we have applied for a restraining order. It goes before the children's court next week. I want to make sure that I am doing as much as pysically possible to protect my son and if the other boy does flip, it won't be my son that comes off worse!

And breathe...........

Jules x
Don't give up, make the little f**k and his parents sweat.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

And breathe...........

Jules x
This other boy is shocking.He is a thug and a bully.I cannot believe the actions or lack of action from the school.Would you consider removing him for the rest of term,What has he got left,four weeks?
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:18 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Don't give up, make the little f**k and his parents sweat.
That's what we're hoping to do with the VRO - wipe the smug look off of their faces.

The kid said to my son 'and stop your parents looking at me like I'm a piece of shit'....... how would you answer that, given his behaviour

My Son probably gave a similar answer
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo
This other boy is shocking.He is a thug and a bully.I cannot believe the actions or lack of action from the school.Would you consider removing him for the rest of term,What has he got left,four weeks?
I know. It's disgusting. My OH is at the school at the moment as they 'rushed' my son in to meet with their alternative school counsellor at 1.30. He is sat waiting whilst they have a chat with him.

I think if they don't exclude the brat now, we keep our son at home until the VRO is (hopefully) granted on Wednesday.

I don't think I'll be paying his fees for the last two terms either; they haven't kept to their part of the contract in the slightest. They haven't protected him and according to his Maths teacher, he may as well not be there...... Money well spent, eh?

Why is it everyone else (other than the school staff) are absolutely disgusted with how it's been handled? Ggrrrrrr
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It truly beggars belief How long till the end of term for him? Personally I'd pull him out now, there's no flaming point, he's obviously so miserable he won't learn anything, the teaching staff don't seem to give a monkeys and if the other kids are taunting him to fight this ****wit, even if the restraining order is in place, the ****wit could easily argue that your son went for him, he seems to have the school under his thumb. Give him a party inviting his real friends to say goodbye and give him a long holiday.

I didn't think the school could cock up any further than they had, they've proved me wrong. I hope you're going to send a detailed report to the Board of Governors.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:34 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

The kid is sweating otherwise he would not have threatened your son. Even if the police do nothing making him sweat it out is vengeance. Keep good notes of what happened and when. The school will defend itself and the staff will do what is good for their careers.

Keep up the fight.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:37 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Truely disgusted!!!
How much does this little fekker have to do before he is permanently excluded?
Definately board of governers and also update the police to say he has threatened him - it way move the case along.
I am just speechless and feel for you so much its just awful what your family have had to do to protect your son, I sincerely hope your son can rebuild his life and schooling away from those who are paidto protect him.
I would not be able to sleep at night had this happened in our school. Lets hope karma and sleepless nights come to those at this school
J x
Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I'd raise the matter again and sue the school for negligence. They have totally failed you and especially your son. Can you complain to the board of education? Or your MP, or the press? Go public and shame them into doing something, for the sake of others that the thug will no doubt harass and bully.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not being funny, but why havent you pulled him out of this school alreadY?

Its clear that they aren't intersted and are totally incompetent... Why dont you vote with your feet? Surely keeping a kid at a school with an excellent reputation but which has failed your individual child so stupendously isnt worth it, what are you trying to achieve????

there are much bigger brick walls to bang your head against.... I dont think this one is worth it... Whats the best you'll get, your son stays in a useless school?????

Honestly mate, pull the plug why dont you.... Its not admitting defeat, its recognising that you cant change their system.... The only person suffering in this is yer kid... You're not going to change the ethos of the school... Or its values and ultimately do you want your son learning from these people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.