Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What phone did you get your Year 7 kid?

What phone did you get your Year 7 kid?

Old Feb 8th 2015, 12:02 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What phone did you get your Year 7 kid?

Originally Posted by obiwan
thanks for the replies guys, i like the idea of a cheap android smartphone (seen them on ebay for $180) being able to track her for days she has to take the bus...fortunately the bus ride has at least 20 other girls from the same school..

also, is there more pressure to "fit in" if you are in an all-girls high school?
I recently bought an excellent Motorola Moto G 4G smartphone for around $200 at The Good Guys. It's a fantastic phone for the money

There are lower spec, but still good, Motorola's going for about $150
Old Feb 8th 2015, 2:14 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Our boys 17 & 14 have hand me down iPhone 5s, the youngest 11yr old girl is happy with the iPod touch she did have a basic older phone then lost the charger for it so she will probably have to wait for the next upgrade hand me down.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
Hi guys,

I got my year 7 daughter a cheap $50 nokia phone on a prepaid plan so I can call her on the days I will be late in picking her up.

although she didnt ask for a cellphone to beging with....she casually mentioned most of the girls in her class have iPhone 4-6 models...I am like, really? iPhone 6?? well you dont need a smartphone so your phone is a nokia.

just curious, what kind of phones did you get your pre-teen daughter?

thanks!
My teens got phones when they could pay their own phone plans. The school banned phones anyway, telling the school you needed to contact kids was futile, they were banned and confiscated no matter what.

BTW, most of my teens sons friends had massive houses, super wonderful, non nagging, non disciplinarian parents, limitless funds, latest phones, new cars, unicorns...... then you would meet these very ordinary mums, dads and spotty teens at some school event

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 8th 2015 at 7:16 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 6:56 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

10yo boy has my old HTC smartphone on a PAYG thing with no data. It has my number, my work number, ROMFTs number and a friend's number in it and that is all. It is so I can text him if I am running late picking them up from school. That is when he remembers to charge it, and put it in his bag