Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What part of the UK are you from.

View Poll Results: What part of the UK are you from
South West
11.62%
Wales
4.15%
North West (Includes Manchester Lpool Carlisle)
15.35%
Scotland
12.45%
North East (all of Geordie land, down through to York)
5.81%
Ireland.... (Can we include both without upsetting anyone yet?)
3.73%
Midlands (including East Anglia saves me 9 options )
18.26%
South East, London, Home counties, Essex Kent etc
28.63%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

What part of the UK are you from.

Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:28 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What part of the UK are you from.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You too. Now where's Hutch, I fancy a row.

Only kidding.

Just been doing a Michael Flatley impersonation round the living room after coming within an inch of standing on a scorpion in my bare feet.
Sounds like my husband when he put his hand within 10cm of a snake in the back garden!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:30 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sounds like my husband when he put his hand within 10cm of a snake in the back garden!
Funny that, we had our first 'nasty' in the garden last week. Red Bellied Black snake.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Crow
Both from Bristol. BUT - I was born in Clifton don't you know and Adam from the wrong side of town (Kingswood)
I used to work in Kingswood, Station Rd, and compared to Clifton it is definitely the wrong side of town.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:48 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hi Bevs,
I grew up in Church Road in Southbourne after I moved to the Bournemouth area aged 9. I have lived in Pokesdown, Somerford, Winton and am currently in the West Way area between Charminster and Castle Lane.

Have you found any areas that remind you of home?

Johnnyyt
Hey Johnnyyt, I lived in Southbourne for 34 years (originally from W. Midlands). We are 2 years on the Gold Coast - pretty simular to Bournemouth (beaches, weather, holiday feel).
BTW Bournemouth is South but as there is only west/east I have voted west
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:12 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Oh well they're all the same oop north.

(I'm from Cheshire)
So are we ...
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:13 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Manchester
Whereabouts?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Whereabouts?
Originally Beswick, then Ancoats, then Newton Heath. All the best bits covered there.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Which numbers are you using? It doesn't work if you use the numbers above your letters, only if you use the other ones
Thanks Wendy ...so that's why it works for OH (desktop with numbers on right hand side) and not for me...laptop, only numbers on top.
Have also tried what OP have said and it still doesn't work ...oh well, nevermind
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yehp thats my experience as well, Talking of Bethnal green, by Aussie born and raised daughter is trying out her work skills in London, and enjoying herself immensely without any sign of coming back. Thing is she moved into the same road (Mansford st) as my Gran was brought up in Bethnal Green, and wasnt aware it was the same street until we told her. Now thats a big coincdence seeing the size of London, and the fact that the rest of us considered ourselves South Londoners

That IS a big coincidence. Small world ennit. Am glad your daughter's having a great time there!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice

Hi we are from northallerton north yorks about 40 miles from durham.
Living in wynnum near the wynnum north train station, i work in the new IGA in cleveland.

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Durham
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:21 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Think Yorkshire really should have been on the list.

I'm from Derbyshire, but almost in South Yorkshire (next to the border)
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:26 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Chatham in Kent and OH from Rochester in Kent

These towns also form part of Medway in Kent (i think the local council thought it would sound better to clump the towns together and give them a collective name )
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Redditch, West Mids now living in the Gold coast. You just can't compare.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Greg3Glyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Tonbridge, Kent - maybe it's the house prices here that are a factor in wanting to emigrate? With the average price for a small 2-3 bed terraced house here being in the region of £230-250K & then comparing what you could have in Australia for the same money, it's certainly something we've thought a lot about. To buy a four bed house, which is what we need, the monthly repayments would be around about the £2750 mark not including council tax, which many people forget can set you back another £200 per month & that's with us putting down all of our savings as a deposit! We've sold our house & are in rented whilst we wait to get visas sorted.

Glyn
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally from solihull west mids now living in Isle Of Wight for the past 5 years and soon to be Hervey bay Qld

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.