Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What non sophistacated food do you love?

What non sophistacated food do you love?

Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What non sophistacated food do you love?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The wife has taken to cooking double fried Belgian style chips recently.

They are superb, she has mastered the technique.
What the hells double fried belgian style chips. sounds just my thing but i;ve never heard of them.

Spill the beans ozzie

Jazzys
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:19 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

spaghetti with olive oil, tomato puree and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Yum Yum.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:22 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Pork Scratchings... Mmmmmmmm
Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
OooooI've just thought of another one.

Mashed potato [with lashings of butter and milk of course].....and tomato soup poured over the top!!

I had this once when I couldn't eat solids and it was scrumdiddlyumtious
Oh my god !! thought we were the only ones to eat mash and soup, my mum used to give it to me and my sis all the time!! Any soup tastes good, but must admit tomato was the best... That was about thirty years ago now though, hehe. Can still taste it though..... mmmmmmm
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

sugar butties (with proper butter and white warby's bread)
cold home made rice pudding (esp the skin)
orange calippos MMMMMMMMM
and for a posh treat Mr.Kiplings country slices which I lived on when I was pregnant
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:28 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

my favourite "quick" meal is a tin of corned beef, mashed with instant mash and peas!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What non sophistacated food do you love?

Originally Posted by kporte
my favourite "quick" meal is a tin of corned beef, mashed with instant mash and peas!
corned beef egg and chips, yummy too....
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:33 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Sardines and rice

Baked beans and rice

Fried egg and rice with oyster sauce, and blanched bok choi

Mince on toast

Baked potatoe with tuna, mayo, onion, pepper, mature cheddar.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
now that truly is bleurgh-riffic
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Ooooooh, now you have me thinking about mushy peas...yum! Used to have those at my nan's.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:58 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

fresh crusty white bread with butter and raspberry jam!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Fried egg buttie, - made with thick wholemeal bread and loads of real butter.
....with a piece of parkin for afters, all washed down with a big pot of strong tea..
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
What the hells double fried belgian style chips. sounds just my thing but i;ve never heard of them.

Spill the beans ozzie

Jazzys
Just proper fried chips aren't they. I was always taught to get the fat to temp, drop in the chips, cook for a few minutes so the potato cooks but don't go brown. Remove, reheat fat to higher temp and then put the chips in again to go crispy brown. Drain, lots of salt and brown malt vinegar or proper homemade mayo
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez i could murder Richmonds sausages, fried eggs and homemade chips accompanied by a piece of stotty and some Hammonds Chop Sauce.
Had a Fray Bentos pie yesterday (ist since i got here 18mths ago) ,twas yummy but 4x the uk price :curse:
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough

What a great thread!!! I love food, the crappier the better, can't beat crisp butties, chip buties, egg butties, marmite on toast,(all on white bread with clover or butter) instant mash with instant gravy (great for when you get home from the pub having had no money left to get chips)! crab sticks (the really cheap ones from ice land). I remember loving sa-go as a kid, you know the stuff I'm on about.....came in a tin and reminded me of frogspawn, sure it would be gross now! I could go on and on but I wont, glad we are all in the same frame of mind though, looks like chip butties are tops so far