Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What non sophistacated food do you love?

What non sophistacated food do you love?

Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

melbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: What non sophistacated food do you love?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The wife has taken to cooking double fried Belgian style chips recently.

They are superb, she has mastered the technique.

You can get double fried chips with Belgian mayonnaise at 'lord of the fries' which is at Flinders Street station and on the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth streets. They do the best chips with about 15 different sauces you can add. The Belgian mayonnaise is the best IMO.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbournegirl
You can get double fried chips with Belgian mayonnaise at 'lord of the fries' which is at Flinders Street station and on the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth streets. They do the best chips with about 15 different sauces you can add. The Belgian mayonnaise is the best IMO.
OMG, I am so going there next time I am in Melbourne
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Lord of the Fries - LOL
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Marmite on toast (just had some)
Peanut Butter and Banana
Beans on Toast
Chip Butties with butter running down my arms - yum
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi,

Chip butties - a must
Chips and egg
My OH used to make this gorgeous pasta, peas, prawns dish with lots of olive oil. Gawd my hips are groaning just thinking about it.
Mum and dads roast dinners, can't beat them, unfortunately neither are with us now.

I'm starving!

Thanks.

M
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone remember having bread with dripping on it(the fat from the roast gone cold and spread on bread)or was that just my pikey family?
donna
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Chips and not them thin pieces of crap from Maccas or kfc. I mean home made real chips slapped on a piece of bread n butter, melting onto your hand as you eat them. God, I was having a moment there.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I don't but my mum had it.

Originally Posted by donna
Does anyone remember having bread with dripping on it(the fat from the roast gone cold and spread on bread)or was that just my pikey family?
donna
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:54 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

donna

Yes, yes, yes [Harry met Sally moment]

Especially lovely jubbly when you get the brown gravy in it too, and on toast with salt & pepper on top...yuuuuumy
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:10 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

My favourite part of christmas: Turkey and stuffing sandwiches with LOADS of mayo, on crusty bread. I'm already getting quite regular cravings for it.

And if thats too sophisticated...
Try
Small handful of cheese and onion Tayto ( or rancheros ), followed by a square of cadburies golden crisp/mint crisp/caramilk.
Repeat until bag(s) is/are empty and only crumbs are left in the foil.
You can wash down occasionally with club lemon.

Why I don't have diabetes I don't know.
Probably cos I moved to England 15 years ago and they didnt sell ANY of my favourite foods.
Was a joy to get to Aus and find that Caramello(caramilk) bars are in stock in all good petrol stations.
OH WAIT!!! I've just remembered, I have one in the fridge.

I'm off.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:50 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

donna

Yes but you shouldn't have eaten the fat - it was the beef jelly underneath which was the important and tasty bit, maybe with a little bit of fat that clung to it. yum yum
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey... I didnt know that. Less than 25 Mins away from me as well !

Next time I'm in the City, I'll check them out to see how they compare.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

jancath2008 will become famous soon enough

Cornish pasty n big fat chips wrapped up in vinegar soaked paper! Oh to die for, cannot even get a gungster pasty here! Probably why I have lost weight and me chloresterol down!

jancath
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Yes but you shouldn't have eaten the fat - it was the beef jelly underneath which was the important and tasty bit, maybe with a little bit of fat that clung to it. yum yum
Yeah ,thats what we used to do.Was it called pullup??or something like that.I remember my dad saying we were having bread and pullup for tea
Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:41 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Another one for the fishfinger sarnies here......................................and a close second comes Walkers cheese n onion crisp sarnies. Both GOT to be in Warbutons bread and the fish fingers have GOT to be Birds Eye and reeallllly crunchy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.