Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What non sophistacated food do you love?

What non sophistacated food do you love?

Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:49 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What non sophistacated food do you love?

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
That's not non sphisticated, that's posh

I love chip butties with loads of butter on the bread and lashings of salt and vinegar

And the chips have to be fat ones not the thin stringy chups
Ditto
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:53 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Racht70
Ditto
You're a woman of good taste. I can tell
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:57 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Was this the stuff in mayyonaise with bits of gherkin in it?

Blimey - wonder what that would taste like now
Yes. These days, Jamie Oliver would have all our mums shot but, as I've just explained to my under-30 friend, we had good food too. This kind of thing was a treat - in the 60s and early 70s convenience food was posh!

I love chip butties, too. Can't remember the last time I had one though.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:03 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Yes. These days, Jamie Oliver would have all our mums shot but, as I've just explained to my under-30 friend, we had good food too. This kind of thing was a treat - in the 60s and early 70s convenience food was posh!
I know. My friends liked to come to our house cos we had this crap to eat

I love chip butties, too. Can't remember the last time I had one though.
Oh go treat yerself

What about scraps with fish and chips

Heart attack fodder but luuurvly
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god yes, scraps were compulsory in my seaside home town!

I've never made chips; never owned a chip pan. Eat them occasionally when we're out but they're not like my Mum's.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:12 pm

Oh god yes, scraps were compulsory in my seaside home town!

I've never made chips; never owned a chip pan. Eat them occasionally when we're out but they're not like my Mum's.
In the interest of not having a heart attack I use Aldi oven chips, the big fat ones - and whilst I'd love to say I eat these on bread with butter, alas not

I have a few with salad and a steak and that's the extent to my naughtiness these days
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

• Supernoodles
  • Jacket Potato with tuna
  • Fried eggs on toast or boiled eggs with soldiers

Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:14 pm
Auntie Fa

Is somebody having a laugh - the google ad on this page has just popped up "5 tips for a flatter stomach".
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:15 pm

Is somebody having a laugh - the google ad on this page has just popped up "5 tips for a flatter stomach".
I think it's meant to say "5 tips for a fatter stomach"
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:18 pm

OooooI've just thought of another one.

Mashed potato [with lashings of butter and milk of course].....and tomato soup poured over the top!!

I had this once when I couldn't eat solids and it was scrumdiddlyumtious
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:23 pm
Auntie Fa

You're just weird
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:26 pm

You're just weird
I'll second that
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Those ramen noodles you can get in Woolies, the ones with a little satchet of powder and one of onions and three liquid satchets of soy, chilli oil and some other suspect substance. I practically live on them.
Ask Santa Claus to bring you one of these:
Attached Thumbnails What non sophistacated food do you love?-ramen_noodles_by_david_shankbone.jpg  
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:27 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

crisp butties!
reddy brek with tons of sugar
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by asher
crisp butties!
reddy brek with tons of sugar
Ahhh crisp butties. I'd forgotten about them. Shame you can't buy bacon or mustard flavour crisps

Ymmm readybreak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.