Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What non sophistacated food do you love?

What non sophistacated food do you love?

Old Oct 30th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

moonpig is a jewel in the roughmoonpig is a jewel in the roughmoonpig is a jewel in the roughmoonpig is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What non sophistacated food do you love?

Baked bean sandwiches (white bread ) and banana sarnies, yummmmmmmmmm!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Fishfinger sarnies - sliced white bread, ketchup. Comfort food.
Oh! thats what i like too.
When i cook tea for the family i normally prefer that and cook that for myself.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

A good curry with peshwari naan and pilau rice. Washed down with a tiger beer. Perhaps even a samosa or kebab as starter

I miss the Spicy Hut in Manchester

http://www.spicyhut.co.uk/Spicy_Hut_Take_Away_Menu.pdf
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:13 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
A good curry with peshwari naan and pilau rice. Washed down with a tiger beer. Perhaps even a samosa or kebab as starter

I miss the Spicy Hut in Manchester

http://www.spicyhut.co.uk/Spicy_Hut_Take_Away_Menu.pdf
That's not non sphisticated, that's posh

I love chip butties with loads of butter on the bread and lashings of salt and vinegar

And the chips have to be fat ones not the thin stringy chups
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

I love chip butties with loads of butter on the bread and lashings of salt and vinegar

So much butter that the butter melts and drips down your shirt, yummy

For me when I was growing up it was tinned creamed mushrooms on toast.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:27 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
So much butter that the butter melts and drips down your shirt, yummy .
And yer chin

Originally Posted by northernbird
For me when I was growing up it was tinned creamed mushrooms on toast.
You're just cultured you are

Actually, that reminds me. When I was a kid you got these small round tins of gunk [can't remember what was in them, but seem to think cheese and bits of meat] that you spread on toast. Think Heinz made it...anyway it was lovely when I was a kid. Bet it tastes like crap now

Anyway, what are you doing thinking about food nb? Hope you are feeling great and the band thingy isn't too sore
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:30 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a kid you got these small round tins of gunk [can't remember what was in them, but seem to think cheese and bits of meat] that you spread on toast. Think Heinz made it...anyway it was lovely when I was a kid. Bet it tastes like crap now
Toast Toppers! Oh my god, I dread to think what was in them.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

And yer chin

You're just cultured you are

Actually, that reminds me. When I was a kid you got these small round tins of gunk [can't remember what was in them, but seem to think cheese and bits of meat] that you spread on toast. Think Heinz made it...anyway it was lovely when I was a kid. Bet it tastes like crap now

Anyway, what are you doing thinking about food nb? Hope you are feeling great and the band thingy isn't too sore
Heinz Toast Toppers

Used to have them all the time as a kid.

Feeling great actually, food is all around us (sounds like a song) so I better get used to talking about it. After a month I will be on normal food anyway, just in smaller portions.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:35 pm

That's them!!!

Jeez...do they still make them? I'm going to see if I can find some this weekend - I wonder if they taste like sick on toast

Ahhh....memories of England

You're right nb....got to think past the food and to your goal. You're a brave chick
PS. My friend has had it done and looks stunning!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:38 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I've just asked a much younger friend on MSN if she remembers them, and described them to her. She asked if they were nice - I really had to think about it. I can picture it and it looks worryingly like vom.

Do they really still make them? I bet our local Woolies will have it then.

Sandwich spread. I liked that, too.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:43 pm

I can picture it and it looks worryingly like vom.
You must have same tastebuds as me
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

OK - replace the Tiger with a pint of Stella. Common enough for you now?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:45 pm

Sandwich spread. I liked that, too.
Was this the stuff in mayyonaise with bits of gherkin in it?

Blimey - wonder what that would taste like now
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
OK - replace the Tiger with a pint of Stella. Common enough for you now?

Nope. Still posh nosh.

A non posh version would be one of those Vesta curries with a bottle of Dandelion and burdock

Jeez...I can feel a burp and a fart coming on just at the tought of it
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:47 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Chip butties with Warburton's bread and clover spread yummmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.