Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What music do you listen to at the gym?...

What music do you listen to at the gym?...

Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:31 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Cool What music do you listen to at the gym?...

I have a playlist on my mp3 player especially for the gym, its supposed to keep me inspired and pumping for more. Except I'm getting a bit bored with it now, as such, what music do you listen to? whether its in the gym or at home keeping fit..

My top tunes right now are -
Bodyrockers - I like the way you move
The Prodidgy - Smack my bitch up
Leftfield - Open up
Madonna - Confessions on a dance floor (whole album)
Timo Mass - To get down

and loads more, you get the gist
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:41 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What music do you listen to at the gym?...

Any of the Euphoria dance mixes, MP3s of the Essential Mix on Radio 1 ... basically anything of 130bpm and above.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:47 pm
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Any of the Euphoria dance mixes, MP3s of the Essential Mix on Radio 1 ... basically anything of 130bpm and above.
Good choices - the faster the better!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:51 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Gym....?!?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

peterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant future

any thing by the strangler
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:56 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

If i had an MP3 player or IPod then I would go for some 80s rock - anything instead of listening to the shite that they play over the sound system
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

My son has put together a gym mix for me which includes:

Motorhead - Ace of Spades and Overkill
Mudvayne - Dig (bad language gets my stress out!)
Pantera - Don't know name - We're Takin Over this town is said at some point
Slayer - Don't know name but words Don't call me D*ckhead appear somewhere - at least I think that's what it says!

My choices:
ACDC - TNT
ACDC - Whole Lotta Rosie
Cream Mix Hardcore Dance Album
System of a Down - Toxicity
System of a Down - Words Pepperoni and Green Peppers, Mushrooms Olives Chives appear - again no title

He knows I have the attention span of a flea so they have to get on with it pretty quick or I just slow down and eventually....... stop.

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
I have a playlist on my mp3 player especially for the gym, its supposed to keep me inspired and pumping for more. Except I'm getting a bit bored with it now, as such, what music do you listen to? whether its in the gym or at home keeping fit..

Leftfield - Open up
Timo Mass - To get down

Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:03 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by remmie1
My son has put together a gym mix for me which includes:

Motorhead - Ace of Spades and Overkill
Mudvayne - Dig (bad language gets my stress out!)
Pantera - Don't know name - We're Takin Over this town is said at some point
Slayer - Don't know name but words Don't call me D*ckhead appear somewhere - at least I think that's what it says!

My choices:
ACDC - TNT
ACDC - Whole Lotta Rosie
Cream Mix Hardcore Dance Album
System of a Down - Toxicity
System of a Down - Words Pepperoni and Green Peppers, Mushrooms Olives Chives appear - again no title

He knows I have the attention span of a flea so they have to get on with it pretty quick or I just slow down and eventually....... stop.

ohmygod!! fantastic, I never thought of putting ACDC on my playlist, can you imagine it - Back in Black, I would not be able to concentrate and would be air guitaring on the treadmill and forget where I was.

The look on your face must look quite fierce when your rocking out to 'don't call me dickhead' hahahah!!.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

Wait until you've heard Mudvayne!! You ain't f*kng changing meeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I must look awful thinking about it but it gets my lazy arse moving which believe me takes a lot!

ohmygod!! fantastic, I never thought of putting ACDC on my playlist, can you imagine it - Back in Black, I would not be able to concentrate and would be air guitaring on the treadmill and forget where I was.

The look on your face must look quite fierce when your rocking out to 'don't call me dickhead' hahahah!!.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to say I think the intro to Back in Black is THE one - love it too!

Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:10 pm
C&R

Wait until you've heard Mudvayne!! You ain't f*kng changing meeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I must look awful thinking about it but it gets my lazy arse moving which believe me takes a lot!

hahahahaha!!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:13 pm
C&R

Forgot to say I think the intro to Back in Black is THE one - love it too!

I agree, especially after a few !!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Leftfield - Open up
Timo Mass - To get down

Castles in the sky - Ian van someone ???
Old Aug 15th 2006, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Gym....?!?
My thoughts exactly....apparently its something that bears a resemblance to a torture chamber during the Spanish Inquisition
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

On my iPod for the gym I never get fed up of the Ministry of Sound The Annual 2003 (disc 2). It's the Australian 2003 album which is different from the one released in the UK. I've had it 3 years and still not fed up of it. (Mind you not bought a lot since then as my clubbing days are over!) Can always rely on it to get my motivation up.

Also have (a bit cheesy) but DJ Sammy - Heaven cos there's some good energy tracks on there (plus it reminds me of some things in Oz). The Planet Funk album with 'Chase the Sun' is great too.

I've got some dead old dance stuff on there too like Tiesto, some Global Underground, Blue Amazon - but they're good for the gym.