Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today?

What made you smile today?

Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:42 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today?

What made me smile today was opening an email tonight with regards to a job.

I will be especially smiling if I get the answer I want for another job I went for yesterday.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
What made me smile today was opening an email tonight with regards to a job.

I will be especially smiling if I get the answer I want for another job I went for yesterday.

Good luck with that!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:41 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I smiled today at lunchtime. Went out from work for a lunchtime run. It was really sunny and lovely and London looked beautiful in the sunshine.

I ran down the Mall, which still had all the big union flags out from the marathon on Sunday and looked excellent, through Green Park which was lovely and green(!), into Hyde Park and around the Serpentine and back. The park was full of people out for a stroll in the sun, people sitting in deckchairs, people on their lunch breaks, kids playing, the daffodils were out and looking lovely. It was just really nice.

(I admit it's easier to see the nice bits of London when you know you're leaving though.......!).
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:12 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Overtaking a Maserati & an Aston Martin on a track
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Icarus
Overtaking a Maserati & an Aston Martin on a track
Ooh, sounds like you had a fabulous time today

I smiled today whilst stuffing an iced donut down my neck....won't be smiling next week when those jeans are feeling a bit snug!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:17 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelld81
Good luck with that!
I got offered the job this morning!

I start next week and the temp agency I am helping out yesterday and today want me to stay till I start the other job.

Plus Ive had offers of 3 other temp jobs come through plus an interview for another job.

Like buses, it all comes at once.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I start next week and the temp agency I am helping out yesterday and today want me to stay till I start the other job.

Plus Ive had offers of 3 other temp jobs come through plus an interview for another job.

Congrats!!! I just smiled at your good news!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Well done

Fantastic news for you....all the best for your new job!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:18 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news PP

Jx
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:20 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

My 3 yr old has made me smile, ive got bad shoulder and neck and feeling pretty shitty and hes come up to me and give it a rub and said he'll look after me, bless

Jx
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Estate Agent just called to say we have our first viewing on
Monday

House went on the market this week so fingers crossed!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 4:02 am

Well the company phoned me up to say that they thought I would fit in nicely and did I still want the job

I have my drugs/alcohol test and extensive medical on Wednesday - lung function as well I think (good job my asthma is all good here) and I start on Thursday!

I've turned the other assignments down as I really want and like the sound of this job.

Just been out and bought some new work clothes Might go to a coffee shop in Freo now for a drink.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:44 am

The bus driver saying good morning to me when I got on the bus made me smile.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

My greedy 2 yr old twin boys hovering around while i was peeling potatoes.... they then nicked 2 freshly peeled ones, bit them and said YAK!

HA HA, that'll teach you....
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
My greedy 2 yr old twin boys hovering around while i was peeling potatoes.... they then nicked 2 freshly peeled ones, bit them and said YAK!

HA HA, that'll teach you....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.