British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   What a lovely day !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/what-lovely-day-559972/)

joh117 Sep 7th 2008 7:34 am

Re: What a lovely day !!!

It was lovely today spent the day at Scarborough Beach, QLD even saw my first blue bottle jellyfish.

Jo

stuckinblighty Sep 7th 2008 9:08 am

Crackin day here yesterday in Melbourne :thumbup:

Gonna be a nice week aswell :p

Lee :thumbup:

bcworld Sep 7th 2008 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Palace4Ever (Post 6757355)
Just thought i'd tell you about the weather here in Brisbane today is fantastic early 20's and not a cloud in the sky. It's days like today that you know you made the right desion to leave the cold and wet behind.

Whats it like where you are?

Today was PERFECT! If it stayed that way for the next 8 months that would be just great!

Cycled about 50km around Brisbane today - and managed to avoid magpie attack, unlike yesterday!

Wheeler-Jones Sep 7th 2008 10:06 am

What I love the most about the great weather in Brisbane is this:
Today I was severely hungover and spent the entire day in bed. Usually in the UK if the weather was good, you would have to get out to enjoy it as they weren't too common at times. Here I have the luxury of being able to waste a day without feeling like I am missing out on the great weather - I know there will be more of it!!!

DianneH68 Sep 7th 2008 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones (Post 6758150)
What I love the most about the great weather in Brisbane is this:
Today I was severely hungover and spent the entire day in bed. Usually in the UK if the weather was good, you would have to get out to enjoy it as they weren't too common at times. Here I have the luxury of being able to waste a day without feeling like I am missing out on the great weather - I know there will be more of it!!!

haha - I know that feeling! I used to hate wasting days due to hangovers, now I don't stress about it :lol:
Though yesterday it was annoying to be stuck in bed on a beautiful day with some horrid bug - I can live with a hangover because at least it's usually preceded by a good night but just being ill is such a waste :sneaky:

Toe Dipper Sep 7th 2008 12:24 pm

Beautifully stonkingly sunny, if a bit breezy ........ that is above the ominously black thunderous clouds which seem to be getting blacker by the minute, ready to dump a skip load of rain on the already drowned rats below in Kent.

spartacus Sep 7th 2008 11:13 pm

Another lovely day in Brisbane. Suns cracking the flags. Sunday lovely also, erected my post box. Saturday v. windy and warm, bit like the mistral. Working outside erecting my post box. Had to retreat indoors as was on the verge of committing a crime of passion. But that ok, I'm half French.

kiwinow Sep 8th 2008 2:43 am

Ah oui. Erratic erections and the possibility of love letters will do that to a frenchman.

Back to normality. Today is bloody cold and damp, 12 degrees, and the washing is hanging there like wet lettuce after being out all day.

Nu-Shooz Sep 8th 2008 3:03 am

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 6757779)
Lovely day but that wind is a bit too chilly for me!

Wasn't it just. Been lovely and sunny all last week, but that wind was cold!!!

moneypenny20 Sep 8th 2008 3:10 am

Gorgeous today. Blue sky, big ball of gold shining down, few fluffy clouds and a breeze that in the sunshine is perfect but in the shade is a tad nippy.

BadgeIsBack Sep 8th 2008 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Palace4Ever (Post 6757355)
Just thought i'd tell you about the weather here in Brisbane today is fantastic early 20's and not a cloud in the sky. It's days like today that you know you made the right desion to leave the cold and wet behind.

Whats it like where you are?

I thought every day in QLD was like that...eventually(!)

Spring is here in Melbourne. It got to 20 degrees on my back deck on Saturday.

Possums Sep 10th 2008 1:04 am

been beautiful up on the north east of tassie for last few days, but the best bit is the nights are getting lighter woohoo :thumbsup: