Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What a lovely day !!!

What a lovely day !!!

Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:34 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What a lovely day !!!

It was lovely today spent the day at Scarborough Beach, QLD even saw my first blue bottle jellyfish.

Jo
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:08 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Crackin day here yesterday in Melbourne

Gonna be a nice week aswell

Lee
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palace4Ever
Just thought i'd tell you about the weather here in Brisbane today is fantastic early 20's and not a cloud in the sky. It's days like today that you know you made the right desion to leave the cold and wet behind.

Whats it like where you are?
Today was PERFECT! If it stayed that way for the next 8 months that would be just great!

Cycled about 50km around Brisbane today - and managed to avoid magpie attack, unlike yesterday!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:06 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

What I love the most about the great weather in Brisbane is this:
Today I was severely hungover and spent the entire day in bed. Usually in the UK if the weather was good, you would have to get out to enjoy it as they weren't too common at times. Here I have the luxury of being able to waste a day without feeling like I am missing out on the great weather - I know there will be more of it!!!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
What I love the most about the great weather in Brisbane is this:
Today I was severely hungover and spent the entire day in bed. Usually in the UK if the weather was good, you would have to get out to enjoy it as they weren't too common at times. Here I have the luxury of being able to waste a day without feeling like I am missing out on the great weather - I know there will be more of it!!!
haha - I know that feeling! I used to hate wasting days due to hangovers, now I don't stress about it
Though yesterday it was annoying to be stuck in bed on a beautiful day with some horrid bug - I can live with a hangover because at least it's usually preceded by a good night but just being ill is such a waste
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Beautifully stonkingly sunny, if a bit breezy ........ that is above the ominously black thunderous clouds which seem to be getting blacker by the minute, ready to dump a skip load of rain on the already drowned rats below in Kent.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Another lovely day in Brisbane. Suns cracking the flags. Sunday lovely also, erected my post box. Saturday v. windy and warm, bit like the mistral. Working outside erecting my post box. Had to retreat indoors as was on the verge of committing a crime of passion. But that ok, I'm half French.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Ah oui. Erratic erections and the possibility of love letters will do that to a frenchman.

Back to normality. Today is bloody cold and damp, 12 degrees, and the washing is hanging there like wet lettuce after being out all day.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Lovely day but that wind is a bit too chilly for me!
Wasn't it just. Been lovely and sunny all last week, but that wind was cold!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Gorgeous today. Blue sky, big ball of gold shining down, few fluffy clouds and a breeze that in the sunshine is perfect but in the shade is a tad nippy.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palace4Ever
Just thought i'd tell you about the weather here in Brisbane today is fantastic early 20's and not a cloud in the sky. It's days like today that you know you made the right desion to leave the cold and wet behind.

Whats it like where you are?
I thought every day in QLD was like that...eventually(!)

Spring is here in Melbourne. It got to 20 degrees on my back deck on Saturday.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:04 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

been beautiful up on the north east of tassie for last few days, but the best bit is the nights are getting lighter woohoo