Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What level of education did you reach?

View Poll Results: What level of education did you reach?
Left school with no qualifications
6.25%
Got me some GCSEs (o'levels/CSEs for us oldsters)
16.67%
Got me some A'levels
5.21%
Did an apprenticeship and gained relevant qualifications
4.17%
Did a two/three year diploma (HNC/HND equivalent)
8.33%
Did a three/four year degree (BA, BSc etc)
46.88%
Did an Masters (MA, MSc etc)
7.29%
Did a PhD - move over Stephen Hawking
2.08%
I'm on fries, but I'm hoping to graduate to milk shakes any day now
3.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

What level of education did you reach?

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:12 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb What level of education did you reach?

No ulterior motive - just interested in what the general level of education of this 'ere 'expat'/immigrant community is.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What level of education did you reach?

Originally Posted by Hutch
No ulterior motive - just interested in what the general level of education of this 'ere 'expat'/immigrant community is.
Degree in Mechanical engineering. There I've done it. Now people on here do know my level of intelligence
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:17 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Did a degree in health care with Bolton College and OU, not that it makes any difference whatsoever with my job - sh*t is still sh*t and has to be cleaned up!

Tracey
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Just got me some CSEs.

Then straight onto the hands on stuff.

But you probably guessed that
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:21 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Just got me some CSEs.

Then straight onto the hands on stuff.

But you probably guessed that

Never! You talk more sense than most on here (common that is )

Tracey
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I left school without any qualifications at all. (Long story )

I have however done some on job training with qualifications as required over the years, things like book-keeping etc.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:34 am
happy to be here!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I left school without any qualifications at all. (Long story )

I have however done some on job training with qualifications as required over the years, things like book-keeping etc.

and you set up great web sites!
Good luck with it,
Tracey
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Left school at 15 as the head of year knew I was just gonna mess about in my exams. I had a part time job in a joinery workshop and it was put down to 'extended work exp' and I was allowed to leave.

Highlight of my career I guess is I obtained a degree in 'The Streets of London' ...
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:38 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a BA (Hons) Politics and a Bsc Nursing (Mental Health)
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:41 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Got a BSc in Building Surveying (building doctor, if you like) - but will it allow me entry into Oz via the points system? Will it arse.

Not that having a degree should automatically allow you the right to settle and work in a different country, but it is frustrating that my only route to stay is via employer sponsorship.
Whereas the media gives the impression (maybe incorrectly) that to gain long term entry, all you need is to be willing to work for the minimum wage, and maybe speak English as an afterthought.

I suppose you need all types of workers to make an economy function, but it hurts sometimes to think that despite 4 years of study and 8 years of experience in a subject that is fairly transferable round the world, I do not meet the entry criteria...

Sorry. Feeling low tonight as facing the prospect of being forced back to the UK in the next 6 months when my visa expires...

Steve
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:42 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

I left with nothing but can now honestly say that i'm not as thick as when I left !
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Masters level

G
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

2 years at college as a mature student to become certified as an Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician. Not relevent now as I work at a recruitment and training agency.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Got 2 CSE's and got into to do my Enrolled nurse training (Hull), Have gained more qualifications as an adult, diploma /NVQ in business admin (Newcastle college), Diploma in health and social welfare with OU and have continued on and hope to have my degree in Health and social care by 2009.
As some one famous once said education is wasted on the young
Mandy
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stevemich
Sorry. Feeling low tonight as facing the prospect of being forced back to the UK in the next 6 months when my visa expires...

Steve
Sorry to hear that Steve. I too am out here on a 'temp visa' with no guarantee I'll be staying so know where your coming from.

Best of luck to you! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.