Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What level of education did you reach?

View Poll Results: What level of education did you reach?
Left school with no qualifications
6.25%
Got me some GCSEs (o'levels/CSEs for us oldsters)
16.67%
Got me some A'levels
5.21%
Did an apprenticeship and gained relevant qualifications
4.17%
Did a two/three year diploma (HNC/HND equivalent)
8.33%
Did a three/four year degree (BA, BSc etc)
46.88%
Did an Masters (MA, MSc etc)
7.29%
Did a PhD - move over Stephen Hawking
2.08%
I'm on fries, but I'm hoping to graduate to milk shakes any day now
3.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

What level of education did you reach?

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:52 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What level of education did you reach?

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Sorry to hear that Steve. I too am out here on a 'temp visa' with no guarantee I'll be staying so know where your coming from.

Best of luck to you! ...
Cheers for your comment -
I must admit my life being at the whim of my employer does suck.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stevemich
Cheers for your comment -
I must admit my life being at the whim of my employer does suck.
Try studying something you'll never do for a living for up to 2 years! ...lol

Ahhhh, we do what we do!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:58 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Still slogging away at a B.ed.

I left school with a few 'O' levels, some CSE's and a 16+ in Classical Studies (that's been sooooo useful!) but it took me until I was almost 40 to realise I did have a brain!

Last edited by TraceyW; Oct 3rd 2006 at 12:05 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:00 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Got 2 CSE's and got into to do my Enrolled nurse training (Hull), Have gained more qualifications as an adult, diploma /NVQ in business admin (Newcastle college), Diploma in health and social welfare with OU and have continued on and hope to have my degree in Health and social care by 2009.
As some one famous once said education is wasted on the young
Mandy

How are you finding the OU? I did 2 level 3 modules - health promotion and critical practice in health and social care - hard work but enjoyed them
Tracey
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:34 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What level of education did you reach?

Left school with 10 GCSE's,
started college to do 706/1 & 2 (chef) got pregnant, had baby at time of 706/2 exams, went back after baby to finish course and - baby N'2
so didnt fully qualify...(did the course just not final exams..wish it had been NVQ's back then)
did book keeping/accountancy course from home whilst having baby N'2
did lots of the freebie computer courses that were available to stay at home mums
went back to work, got lots of on the job experience & basic quals - intermediate food handling/chemicals/first aid etc
started college again to get NVQ3 in catering/chef - got pregnant baby N'3, thankfully was on the job qualification not exams like 706/2...
got divorced, moved back to sunny cheltenham,
started uni as a mature student, doing HND with degree top up = lots of fun!!!
did lots of additional courses, strongbow training certificate, advanced food hygiene, first aid in work place etc
completed HND hospitality management & guess what got pregnant baby N'4!!!
Ended up in hospital during last exams so I've gotta redo 1 module to get my degree!
(worried about going back to uni to do it incase i get preggers again) :scared:
so applying to OU

its typical, ive got the qualifications to get into OZ, but havnt worked since i graduated cos of lil people so got no work experience...
thankfully hubby has both!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:39 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Left school with 10 GCSE's,
started college to do 706/1 & 2 (chef) got pregnant, had baby at time of 706/2 exams, went back after baby to finish course and - baby N'2
so didnt fully qualify...(did the course just not final exams..wish it had been NVQ's back then)
did book keeping/accountancy course from home whilst having baby N'2
did lots of the freebie computer courses that were available to stay at home mums
went back to work, got lots of on the job experience & basic quals - intermediate food handling/chemicals/first aid etc
started college again to get NVQ3 in catering/chef - got pregnant baby N'3, thankfully was on the job qualification not exams like 706/2...
got divorced, moved back to sunny cheltenham,
started uni as a mature student, doing HND with degree top up = lots of fun!!!
did lots of additional courses, strongbow training certificate, advanced food hygiene, first aid in work place etc
completed HND hospitality management & guess what got pregnant baby N'4!!!
Ended up in hospital during last exams so I've gotta redo 1 module to get my degree!
(worried about going back to uni to do it incase i get preggers again) :scared:
so applying to OU

its typical, ive got the qualifications to get into OZ, but havnt worked since i graduated cos of lil people so got no work experience...
thankfully hubby has both!!!

Good on ya! Karma sent.
Keep your legs crossed though til you get to Oz
Tracey
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I got 8 'O' levels and decided I'd rather spend my time travelling
OH apprentice and trade qualified
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:48 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What level of education did you reach?

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Good on ya! Karma sent.
Keep your legs crossed though til you get to Oz
Tracey
cheers....hes had his bits 'seen to' now but you just never know!
when i was 14 i had an ovarian cyst rupture and caused alot of damage to my right fallopian tube, was told i may need 'help' getting pregnant!
help obviously ment MAN!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

We are both degree educated - me in history and alex in history and teaching.
For me Uni was just a big piss up for 3 years! Thats why I went to Cardiff, good night out in Cardiff.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

left school with 8 O'grades and 3 Highers - then started working

Ann
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

How are you finding the OU? I did 2 level 3 modules - health promotion and critical practice in health and social care - hard work but enjoyed them
Tracey

It took a long time to do the diploma cos i started doing the 30 point courses level 2 thought they would not be as academic , but to get the diploma i had to do a 60 point course, i struggled with it, but got there in the end and managed to scrape enough points to pass.
Im doing the level 1 understanding Health at the moment and ive just sent off my first assignment . quite easy this course (so far)
I need to do those level 3 courses to get my degree and im scared that it will be too hard. Im one of lifes strugglers when it comes to any thing academic.
I find it hard juggling course work with looking afer 3 boys and running the house, as hubby is constanly away with the army.
Mandy
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:49 pm
happy to be here!

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
It took a long time to do the diploma cos i started doing the 30 point courses level 2 thought they would not be as academic , but to get the diploma i had to do a 60 point course, i struggled with it, but got there in the end and managed to scrape enough points to pass.
Im doing the level 1 understanding Health at the moment and ive just sent off my first assignment . quite easy this course (so far)
I need to do those level 3 courses to get my degree and im scared that it will be too hard. Im one of lifes strugglers when it comes to any thing academic.
I find it hard juggling course work with looking afer 3 boys and running the house, as hubby is constanly away with the army.
Mandy
Good luck with it- I know it's hard doing it in between everything else.
If I can be of any help (still have my assignments) give me a shout.
Tracey
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it- I know it's hard doing it in between everything else.
If I can be of any help (still have my assignments) give me a shout.
Tracey

Did you find that oz recognised those courses with in the nursing field?
Mandy
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:33 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

I am a Registered Nurse with BSc (Hons) Community Health (Nursing in the Home) ie District Nursing and hubby did a mechanical fitter apprenticeship but carried his education on from his ONC/HNC/HND and now has a BEng Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
KJJ

Originally Posted by Hutch
No ulterior motive - just interested in what the general level of education of this 'ere 'expat'/immigrant community is.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

BA Hons Degree... Media

However its totally useless, would have been better off going in as a tea girl/ runner... I would have got some work!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.