Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What illness are you phoning in work with tomorrow?

What illness are you phoning in work with tomorrow?

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What illness are you phoning in work with tomorrow?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Frustrating for me, I get to watch on a tiny screen, well I just catch glimpses and pay attention at critical moments. Still it's better than not knowing or listening. It's fairly quiet at the time of the England game, whereas it will be dead busy at the time of the Aus game dammit.

Very grateful for this mobile technology that allows us to do this for the first time this year.

Even I better not take a sickie for this one..... I'm saving a last card just in case I think I would be on a warning for the next one (after this).... luckily we get 3
What usually happens with me is that some mini-crisis happens about 10 minutes in and I end up missing most of the game that we get no tsunami alerts and sudden storms tonight
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:34 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Now that doesnt surprise me one bit

Funny story though.
His wife said afterwards that he would have never lasted to the end of the game anyway. He had been brought home from the pub by a couple of mates and dumped on the doorstep, barely able to stand up.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:20 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I've arranged my roster so I'm working a 4p-midnight tonight, and have already told my Sergeant I need to leave a bit early so I can get home in time for kick-off.

And another 4-mid tomorrow so I can have some sleep after the England game and then watch the Aussie game and then have a bigger sleep in the day
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:34 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
....but it does mean that us lot in NSW know the result before it even kicks off in WA. I can ring you up and let you know the score if you want?
I'll pass on that, but thanks for the offer - beats getting up at 2.30am anyway !!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

I just had a 42" plasma installed in the office, for work purposes of course. Just a coincidence it had a freeview tuner built in .....
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:05 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Hesky to score first too. watch this space

Sorry I should explain, I'm doing this fantasy football thing at work
Yep yer definately ill,day off for you mate
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I once tried that line about "the games already finished here" on a mate who was in the UK. Now admittedly he was watching the game live and was more than half cut, a lot more, when he rang me up to ask if I was watching the game as well.
I told him it had finished here about 10hrs ago and that United lost on penalties... he went ******g potty !! Started 'effin and blinding and shouting to his wife that those "jammy Cockney bastards win on penalties". He shouted "sod it then, I'm off to bed" and hung up on me. He stomped off to bed.... and missed United beating Chelsea on penalties in the CL Final.
Other than the score that's a goodun