Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What if you won the lottery?

Wikiposts

What if you won the lottery?

Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default What if you won the lottery?

What if you won the lottery and your visa was imminent, would you still want to emigrate to Australia? Would you stay closer to home ie Europe, Canaries etc ?

Lone Ranger
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What if you won the lottery?

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
What if you won the lottery and your visa was imminent, would you still want to emigrate to Australia? Would you stay closer to home ie Europe, Canaries etc ?

Lone Ranger
I woul not spend my winning in this country, that is for sure, and YES, I would still go.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:28 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Lone Ranger
I'd buy a private jet and get there ASAP (I'd have to win more then £10 though )
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Id be off in a flash... hand my notice in tomorrow and then bribe the case officer to look at my file quicker.... everyone has a price!

Lisa.x
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

I'm not going to Australia, but if I would win the Lottery......I would buy a really nice house in the Uk, for the Summers and a really nice house somewhere in the sun and spent the Winters there .
Best of both worlds really
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:14 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Lone Ranger
If you'll win and give me half, I'll choose Oz anyway!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skywalker
If you'll win and give me half, I'll choose Oz anyway!
At least you will have the money to come back to the UK
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:26 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eurotramp
At least you will have the money to come back to the UK
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

I will buy a nice holiday house in the UK to stay in when visiting MIL, and I will also buy a holiday house in Capetown, South Africa when visiting my family, and buy a house for myself in Aussie to be away from all the family.

Then I will go for a breast reduction
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

If I won the lottery tonight, I'd be on a plane to Oz first thing in the morning.

I won't win though cos I haven't got a ticket
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:49 am

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Id be off to aussie in a few hours... and not return to the UK :P
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:52 am
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mizz Teapot

Then I will go for a breast reduction
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Well I'm already in AUS,

But if I won the lotto, I would buy a gaff in the UK and another on the mainland.

Would also make the landlord an offer on our inner city pad in Melbourne.

Then I would flick between my various homes when I felt like it.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:43 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'd pretty much stay where I am. I wont be arrogant and say that it would not change my lifestyle as it would by its very nature I think, but I am happy where I am - but then I guess I am in Australia already
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I'd pay for my family to come over and join me in Aus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.