Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What have you done to change your life?

Wikiposts

What have you done to change your life?

Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:40 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you done to change your life?

Originally Posted by Kapri
and half your experience!!
Your age is an asset M, you just need to believe it
Don't worry, in a few weeks time her new life coach arrives in Melbourne,she need's to toughen up
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:35 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I am talking career wise.

I am having a mid life crisis and although I am scared to leave my job I am even more scared of staying, I feel sort of numb and going through the motions to earn money to pay the mortgage.

I am due to start college soon part time which is a start but I was wondering what have you done to change your life aside from emigrating, have you re-trained, 'seen the light' so to speak and changed career direction entirely?

I was in hospitality and am now a photographer.

but all my money goes on living expenses atm, so it hasn't got me what I wanted... in fact, sometimes it spoils what I want to do.

I'm currently in the middle of applying for something which is a total about face yet again, but the results will be that it will allow me to get what I want... and that's really for me, what it's all about.
Now I just need the powers to be to say yes and we're off.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:10 pm

PS Sam... you would like Seth's blog:

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:07 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I was in hospitality and am now a photographer.

but all my money goes on living expenses atm, so it hasn't got me what I wanted... in fact, sometimes it spoils what I want to do.

I'm currently in the middle of applying for something which is a total about face yet again, but the results will be that it will allow me to get what I want... and that's really for me, what it's all about.
Now I just need the powers to be to say yes and we're off.
Just having a look at that link.

When do you find out from the bank if you can do it?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:47 pm

Just having a look at that link.

When do you find out from the bank if you can do it?
Next few weeks. They were vague. Nothing new there.

It's a big plan but meh, dream big, live bigger.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:55 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Next few weeks. They were vague. Nothing new there.

It's a big plan but meh, dream big, live bigger.
Good luck
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Good luck
Thanks. I'm going for world domination and nothing can stop me. Mwahahahahahahha... mwahahaahhahahhahahha!

Actually Sam, saying that, having run my own small business for the past 3 years, it has given me the skills and confidence to take on something new. You will find this too, when you start your course, that you start to see the possibilities that are there for you... you'll start to think differently... and perhaps see gaps in your market where previously you didn't know they existed....

The majority of women who start a business are in their 40's... (as per that article I posted to you this AM on FB) and I think that's telling.
It's never too late to change what you do....
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:35 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I'm going for world domination and nothing can stop me. Mwahahahahahahha... mwahahaahhahahhahahha!

Actually Sam, saying that, having run my own small business for the past 3 years, it has given me the skills and confidence to take on something new. You will find this too, when you start your course, that you start to see the possibilities that are there for you... you'll start to think differently... and perhaps see gaps in your market where previously you didn't know they existed....

The majority of women who start a business are in their 40's... (as per that article I posted to you this AM on FB) and I think that's telling.
It's never too late to change what you do....
I shall look at the link when I get home, Yes i am looking forward to meeting new people, my job description is getting me down and I feel quite invisible at work lately.

I am also fed up with sexism at the moment which appears to be rearing its ugly head and one particular incident two days ago has really pissed me off and made me realise I am too smart to take this shit.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:40 am

I shall look at the link when I get home, Yes i am looking forward to meeting new people, my job description is getting me down and I feel quite invisible at work lately.

I am also fed up with sexism at the moment which appears to be rearing its ugly head and one particular incident two days ago has really pissed me off and made me realise I am too smart to take this shit.
Healthy boundaries = healthy life

You are too smart. No time like the present to stop accepting that crap in your life. Chant after me.. 'I no longer accept your drama in my life'...
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:15 pm

Healthy boundaries = healthy life

You are too smart. No time like the present to stop accepting that crap in your life. Chant after me.. 'I no longer accept your drama in my life'...
I read the article, it was very good.

I have decided to see the advantages of my job until I make the changes, I work 5 mins from my house so it gives me more time to be creative, it pays the mortgage and is flexible, I work with a good bunch of lads - its management that is the issue but I never see them anyway.

I will be starting college soon and will meet people that I hope will inspire me and tonight, I am going to try and break my 'writers block' which has been plaguing me since Mr PPs accident and I am going to try and write again - what I do not know but I will do anything to get started.

Not a bad wage, flexible hours, working near home - I guess is the trade off for not having a job that is true to me, but for now it will do.

And until then, I am going to research my butt off to get to do what I really want.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:28 pm

Good plan. Yep, great advantages there. Also, just think of the job as a way to get to your goal. It's merely giving you the cash so that you can do a course to get where you want to go...