Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What happens if you lose your soul partner ?

What happens if you lose your soul partner ?

Old May 17th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens if you lose your soul partner ?

Originally Posted by floatsy
There does seem to be a bit of harsh in this thread, unfortunately.
It was tongue in cheek. I,like many have suffered loss. Parents when very young , sisters etc etc etc. Death is a very natural process and you can joke about it at times. It's not forbidden.

What's to to say I don't have empathy. When I met my husband I found a very withdrawn, distressed and emotionally stunted young teenager (his son). With years of help and understanding he has now becoming a young man with hope for the future so don't tell me about empathy!

Last edited by Hebe; May 17th 2013 at 10:00 pm.
Old May 18th 2013, 1:30 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floatsy
For someone to say that the death of another woman is "her gain" quite frankly just sounds rather inhumane to me. A woman died, and those that loved her were sad. It would have been better to just say that life goes on, which it does, but having some heart and genuine empathy helps for a happier life IMO.
I disagree. People often deal with great tragedy by using humour as a coping mechanism.

I often tell Himself that he's lucky I can't kill him off, the police might look too closely at a woman who'd lost two husbands..
Old May 18th 2013, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse the insensitivity... But at least if your soul mate dies you can remember with positive thoughts then good times. You can put them on a pedestal and they remain what theybalways were to you.

What if your soul mate drifts away... Through no active fault... Simply because life is too busy... And for reasons beyond anyones control...

Say one of you had a headspace job that meant when you got home from work you were too mind ****ed to "play" and the other spent their working hours with some one who met that "playful" need... Not a physical affair...an "intellectual" affair? And you "lost" them to that?

When a relationship starts off as being good mates.... Having a laugh... Having fun.... And you don't notice when you fall in love..it just is... And you spend the majority of your life with some one... But then circumstances change.

You can "loose" your soul mate in more ways than through the death of a partner.
Old May 18th 2013, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Excuse the insensitivity... But at least if your soul mate dies you can remember with positive thoughts then good times. You can put them on a pedestal and they remain what theybalways were to you.

What if your soul mate drifts away... Through no active fault... Simply because life is too busy... And for reasons beyond anyones control...

Say one of you had a headspace job that meant when you got home from work you were too mind ****ed to "play" and the other spent their working hours with some one who met that "playful" need... Not a physical affair...an "intellectual" affair? And you "lost" them to that?

When a relationship starts off as being good mates.... Having a laugh... Having fun.... And you don't notice when you fall in love..it just is... And you spend the majority of your life with some one... But then circumstances change.

You can "loose" your soul mate in more ways than through the death of a partner.
Well pointed out, not all affairs are men (or women) running off with someone from the office...there are relationships where by other needs are not met.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway Ozzie Eagle you've got much more important things to worry about at the moment. Like beating Watford on monday at Wembley. :-)
Old May 18th 2013, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Anyway Ozzie Eagle you've got much more important things to worry about at the moment. Like beating Watford on monday at Wembley. :-)
Consensus is, can they take the money and stay in the Championship please. Not much fun losing every week and knowing your going to have to be very lucky to avoid relegation. The finals a win/win situ... Lose and they get rid of Coco the Clown and maybe bring Popovic back to Selhurst. New Ground at the NSC almost certain now.

I digress I told the wife my fears, and she's orf to get some tests done on her families seemingly hereditary heart conditions.

BTW want a laugh.... Check out Poogate and Brighton

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 18th 2013 at 8:06 am.
Old May 18th 2013, 8:46 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Having been through some life threatening stuff both my husband and I are trying to live life to the full and store up memories to treasure in the future . What happens will happen worrying about it just wastes precious time.
Old May 18th 2013, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Consensus is, can they take the money and stay in the Championship please. Not much fun losing every week and knowing your going to have to be very lucky to avoid relegation. The finals a win/win situ... Lose and they get rid of Coco the Clown and maybe bring Popovic back to Selhurst. New Ground at the NSC almost certain now.

I digress I told the wife my fears, and she's orf to get some tests done on her families seemingly hereditary heart conditions.

BTW want a laugh.... Check out Poogate and Brighton
Nothing like a bit of optimism. Wigan had a good run and seemed pretty disappointed to go down. Popovic?? 1 year managing in the A league and you want him as manager
Old May 18th 2013, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Nothing like a bit of optimism. Wigan had a good run and seemed pretty disappointed to go down. Popovic?? 1 year managing in the A league and you want him as manager
Calling him the brains and motivator behind Doogie Freedman or Lennie Lawrence's finest Protégé
Old May 18th 2013, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Tarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant future

My partner and I split after a very rocky time and he was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer 4 months later, I did what I thought was the right thing and went back, out of a sense of duty mainly! That lasted a month before I realised it was not what either of us wanted! That was 12 months ago and a mutual friend has now informed me he is in a hospice!
Harsh but I am staying away as I feel it would hurt both of us, too deeply if I went to visit!
I just live life as I can and try not to think about when it happens as I still dont know if I will be informed or welcome at the funeral!
Just thought I could spill a little on a page that I hope wont be offended by my hurt being shared. Thanks
Old May 18th 2013, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tarwild
My partner and I split after a very rocky time and he was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer 4 months later, I did what I thought was the right thing and went back, out of a sense of duty mainly! That lasted a month before I realised it was not what either of us wanted! That was 12 months ago and a mutual friend has now informed me he is in a hospice!
Harsh but I am staying away as I feel it would hurt both of us, too deeply if I went to visit!
I just live life as I can and try not to think about when it happens as I still dont know if I will be informed or welcome at the funeral!
Just thought I could spill a little on a page that I hope wont be offended by my hurt being shared. Thanks
Terrible situation to be in, for both of you.
Old May 18th 2013, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Tarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant future

Thanks, when we split he went back to his ex of 16 years ago, they hav 2 daughters together and I feel really hurt as he told friends that I had left him for a guy we work with. Not true as we split in Oct 11 and I hooked up with new Guy in may12! People hav taken his side and this makes me seem a real hard cow! Sorry, feeling low.
Old May 18th 2013, 1:07 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Awful situation to be in. Keep chin up.
Old May 18th 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will do, thanks for letting me "spew" over the key board everyone!
Just to re-cap I am now with my Mr Right and living life to the full and will NOT allow others to drag me down!
Old May 20th 2013, 3:16 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I actually think I might outlive her.

I doubt that very much. Very, very much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.