Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What happens if you lose your soul partner ?

What happens if you lose your soul partner ?

Old May 15th 2013, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens if you lose your soul partner ?

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Words fail me sometimes.

The simple truth is, no matter how much you idly consider the possibility (or how much you plan for such a turn of events) you have no idea how you would react if you lost someone you thought would always be there.

None.
Exactly. I'd be in shock for awhile. It would be coping day by day, minute by minute.... practicalities would be almost the easy bit.
You would know more about this than us. Does time heal?
Old May 15th 2013, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Are you happily married, Jad? It's great mate. :_)
Nothing wrong with liking the person you have chosen.
But, you write such erm 'charming' stuff about her.

Every woman on this forum just went when they read your post, then decided to punch you on the nose if they ever meet you
Old May 15th 2013, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
But, you write such erm 'charming' stuff about her.

Every woman on this forum just went when they read your post, then decided to punch you on the nose if they ever meet you
Now I see the problem....
only the battler women who have never known any better my dear....

perhaps you should punch her for the nice things she wrote!

the future I plan ensures her legacy continues....how can that be an insult...
she was very pleased to find that her family has always been central to our plans in any situation, that we agree.
Old May 15th 2013, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Words fail me sometimes.

The simple truth is, no matter how much you idly consider the possibility (or how much you plan for such a turn of events) you have no idea how you would react if you lost someone you thought would always be there.

None.

True and that is the same as most situations in life, particularly those involving loved ones - however, it doesn't stop the thoughts and we always assume we know how we will react - how many times as you heard people say "if someone touched my child I would kill them" etc etc - we all think we know how we will respond but the reality if often very different.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hebe
True and that is the same as most situations in life, particularly those involving loved ones - however, it doesn't stop the thoughts and we always assume we know how we will react - how many times as you heard people say "if someone touched my child I would kill them" etc etc - we all think we know how we will respond but the reality if often very different.
there are parents who lose their kids to terrorist action, and forgive, there was a stop story in the 80s, I recall....
Did they anticipate that?

I have no idea how I would feel, really.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; May 15th 2013 at 2:03 am.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

what other option would I have?
Oh I don't know. How about raising your children? If you died would you expect your wife to dump the kids on someone else and assess her next move?

I was going to say that sometimes you're a nob, but that would be incorrect. You're a nob all of the time.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has a very big life insurance policy. I'm the only beneficiary........

Then find another one
Old May 15th 2013, 2:23 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I too have started to wonder what I would do if Mr PP died, having nearly lost him back in 2009, I know only too well that awful feeling of 'what the hell do I do without him'.

I know life goes on and as long as I am alive I have to carry on but the thought of him not being in my life is actually quite painful.

To be honest, you never know how strong you are until you have to be and like others have said, you don't know what you would do until you are in this situation.

But for me and for the moment, I cannot imagine my life without him in it.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oh I don't know. How about raising your children? If you died would you expect your wife to dump the kids on someone else and assess her next move?

I was going to say that sometimes you're a nob, but that would be incorrect. You're a nob all of the time.
And you are a nasty battler woman! I'll spell out the details for you : My family have made it quite clear that they would want the children as there is a massive support network. There would be access to schools, houses and me, of course.

Apart from the fact I might never need to work again (and I have a property there) and can't speak the language perhaps I would be considered lazy. The alternative is buying in support in Australia - is it not better that they stay with extended family?

There might be unfinished business to attend to in Australia so I might have to go back and forth - and whilst *we* decide.

If I died, the situation would be exactly the same only there would be more funds.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My wife has a very big life insurance policy. I'm the only beneficiary........

Then find another one
I really wish I could think like this..... Or maybe I dont.

Badge asked a very important question before..... "Does time heal" ? It's not one I'd ever be game to ask face to face.

I guess personal reaction is personal reaction and one cannot really know how they are going to react until they go through it. It's just that I dont reckon I'd be able to and maybe that thought should seek me to get help ? I can put it at the back of my mind however I've a feeling now I've asked it out loud it's going to be a prominent thought or fear.

Anyone else feel like this... I do realise everyone thinks differently.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:00 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I really wish I could think like this..... Or maybe I dont.

Badge asked a very important question before..... "Does time heal" ? It's not one I'd ever be game to ask face to face.

I guess personal reaction is personal reaction and one cannot really know how they are going to react until they go through it. It's just that I dont reckon I'd be able to and maybe that thought should seek me to get help ? I can put it at the back of my mind however I've a feeling now I've asked it out loud it's going to be a prominent thought or fear.

Anyone else feel like this... I do realise everyone thinks differently.
Yes I know exactly what you mean, you dont want to ask out aloud because it becomes more of a reality and now you have, it does become more prominent.

Perhaps these thoughts are normal and everyone gets them at some stage as they get older, perhaps not but as long as it doesnt take over your life and effect it, because if it does, then that is a problem.

Worrying about your partner wont make her live longer, won't protect her, wont help you or her and ultimately, the time you have spent worrying about her and something totally out of your control, is precious time wasted that you could be doing something else far more memorable.

So try and worry about only what is in your control, otherwise just let it go.

Treasure every second, and save your valuable time for things that are worthwhile rather than imagining the worst and your life without your partner, when it hasnt happened yet.

Look at what is in front of you right now, you only literally have that - the future is not promised to any of us.

(That's how I try and manage anyway )
Old May 15th 2013, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Yes I know exactly what you mean, you dont want to ask out aloud because it becomes more of a reality and now you have, it does become more prominent.

Perhaps these thoughts are normal and everyone gets them at some stage as they get older, perhaps not but as long as it doesnt take over your life and effect it, because if it does, then that is a problem.

Worrying about your partner wont make her live longer, won't protect her, wont help you or her and ultimately, the time you have spent worrying about her and something totally out of your control, is precious time wasted that you could be doing something else far more memorable.

Treasure every second, and save your valuable time for things that are worthwhile rather than imagining the worst and your life without your partner, when it hasnt happened yet.

Look at what is in front of you right now, you only literally have that - the future is not promised to any of us.

I'm happy that there are options which involve soulmates being provided for, and being happy.

Time won't heal the fact i've just effed a microwAve dish belonging to the soulmate.

But I will be forgiven!
Old May 15th 2013, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7

I can generally do that. It's definitely all of my kids working at the same time that has triggered this. I felt such a sense of release and financial freedom that I started to really take a look at future options with total financial certainty and they were suddenly more real and much closer..... Then that uncertain thought loomed right into my bloody head...... Bugger it.

So I've got to work through this and occupying my mind is probably the only way I know.

The day they were all working was as big a day as the last of the baby days.... When the youngest could get into the car on his own and put on his own seatbelt.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I can generally do that. It's definitely all of my kids working at the same time that has triggered this. I felt such a sense of release and financial freedom that I started to really take a look at future options with total financial certainty and they were suddenly more real and much closer..... Then that uncertain thought loomed right into my bloody head...... Bugger it.

So I've got to work through this and occupying my mind is probably the only way I know.

The day they were all working was as big a day as the last of the baby days.... When the youngest could get into the car on his own and put on his own seatbelt.
Ozzie. One thing is certain in life and that is death. Focus on living while you can - it's a privilege denied to many
Old May 15th 2013, 4:35 am

I'm happy that there are options which involve soulmates being provided for, and being happy.

Time won't heal the fact i've just effed a microwAve dish belonging to the soulmate.

But I will be forgiven!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.