Reload this Page >

What a flippin' joke!!!!!

Wikiposts

What a flippin' joke!!!!!

Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:33 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What a flippin' joke!!!!!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
In our case one of us wouldnt be able to work,.... at that time.....

Kids 15 and 11 can be trusted for a short say a couple of hours with phone contact, but not necessarily without it
It's like a borg thing they can't live without them in most cases and if it's not the phone it's the PSP, PS 2 or 3 or the Xbox.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:46 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to thank you all for hijacking this thread from what I initially intended when I posted it.
BTW, I'm still waiting for a reply as to what school made the directive.
It was not intended to have anything to do with moblies, but sport and cartwheels. As the relevant minister said, there is no way the department can interfer or change individual school directives.

Last edited by The Bloke; Aug 25th 2008 at 10:50 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:51 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I would like to thank you all for hijacking this thread from what I initially intended when I posted it. It was not intended to have anything to do with moblies, but sport and cartwheels.

I would tell my kids to do more cart wheels. There is too many do gooders in this world for my liking.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to thank you all for hijacking this thread from what I initially intended when I posted it.
It was not intended to have anything to do with moblies, but sport and cartwheels. As the relevant minister said, there is no way the department can interfer or change individual school directives.
Sorry bloke. I didn't even get round to clicking on the link That's unreal, especially in a sports mad country. What a crock of bowlocks.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

See ther ehas been a few posts on this so should add.. Mobile phone use was at first restricted, turned off at school, or left at office, the letter that just came home is NO phones at all.

This school does not have lockers, all books and equipment required for the day carried in a backpack, so unfortunately the locker solution wont work.

I have told my son to just hide the phone when he rides, IMO that phone is a necessity. Perverts aside, what about the simple puncture or accident both of which have happened, easily sorted with a mobile. it will be interesting to see if searches for phones are carried out and if any penalties are imposed. The tone of the letter suggests that by continuing with the phone we are breaking school policy which we sign and agree to on enrolment.

I have a feeling I wont be the only parent breaking school rules on this phone thing. I am going ask why kids who ride/bus/walk cant leave all phones at office, a method that seems to have been discontinued, I imagine nearly 2000 kids handing in phones was a drain on admin staff.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, thought it was a discussion on crazy PC school rules. back on your topic, stuff like playing on school equipment has been banned for years, before or after school, kids might fall and injure themself. Mind you whack sacking and pole driving goes on so would have thought playing on the kiddy equipment was a safer alternative but what would us crazy parent know

Last edited by jad n rich; Aug 25th 2008 at 11:03 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:44 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Australian, no, Queensland correctness takes another turn............

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...17_hpnews.html

Back on topic. Have they banned skipping the light fandango as well?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking about Queensland political correctness in Schools.

Not off topic as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like Anal retention is running rife up there........ that would look good on the Number plates
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:40 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

You initially encouraged the mobile phone conversation, you can't have it both ways.

As for the cartwheeling yes it's bl@@dy ridiculous, same as when UK started banning all physical school games and all swing parks had to have rubber mats for kids to fall on after we all survived (same argument as the phones, how did we ever do it).

Then everyone complains all the kids are over aggressive, could that be due to the lack of exercise as most sports now ruined and kids not allowed controlled release of aggression on the playing fields.

Then the Government complained the kids all getting too fat and then the pedophiles had a better chance of catching them as the kids couldn't run on their fat little legs.

Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irrational Fear

Originally Posted by JR230898
A long walk home from a bus would be beneficial to all of us.
OT but I'm going to reply as it is my niece that was being discussed here -
Not when the child in question is an 11 year old, walking along an unlit main road in the dark for 30 minutes on her own.
Parental choice is to either meet her and walk home with her, or pick her up, nothing to do with paedophiles, its the traffic which is the problem. She gets plenty of exercise, trust me, more than we did at their age!

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 27th 2008 at 9:07 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Back on topic. Have they banned skipping the light fandango as well?
Yep, makes you seasick
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

So, which one of you submitted this to Terry Wogan this morning?????