Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What favourite food item have you discovered in Oz?

What favourite food item have you discovered in Oz?

Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What favourite food item have you discovered in Oz?

wow Curry!!. i love it...."you dont know unless you try" my Ma always used to say!! Good on ya aussies
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:17 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Definitely Barramundi - best tasting fish ever.

Also agree Cherry Ripes - everytime someone from Aus comes to visit, we ask for Cherry Ripes and Minties and Milo.

Also used to love the Girl Guide Biscuits every year, they were made by Arnotts and only sold through the Guides/Brownies each year for their fundraising - brilliant for dunking.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

chelle72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: What favourite food item have you discovered in Oz?

Originally Posted by Richard007
wow Curry!!. i love it...."you dont know unless you try" my Ma always used to say!! Good on ya aussies
Curry!!!! There are many great things about Australia but the ability to cook a curry is definately not one of them - I have tried and still continue to try many different curry houses whenever I can and not one of them ever makes anything that is one tenth as good as what I could get in my native Scotland it depresses me how bad it is here. About the only one that I can say is really nice is a take-away place in the food court of the shopping centre in Chatsworth. The same I am afraid to say is the Chinese food here it is not awful but it isn't great either! - sorry Australia you just can't make a curry to save your lives.

My favourtie aussie foods are lamingtons, tim tams, toobs and your prawns are amazing I was so surprised when I saw the size of them over here!!

Last edited by chelle72; Nov 11th 2007 at 6:40 pm. Reason: Forgot to mention Chinese food
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

My son absolutely loved the pies, pie and mash , pie and chips, pie and gravy anything to do with a pie.

Mandy
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Those little red peppers stuffed with feta you buy from the deli counter and mangoes
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:20 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Pumpkin pies, avocados, grape tomatoes, chilli chevups, roasted garlic aioli....... probably got loads more if I think about it.

Last edited by Ransi; Nov 12th 2007 at 9:42 am.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I just discovered Tzatziki flavoured crisps. A new favourite food.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Weiss Raspberry & cream ice-cream.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Weiss Raspberry & cream ice-cream.
Have you tried the new hazelnut parline by Weiss?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:53 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Fish and chips

Fresh fish in a light batter, not the stuff in the UK that been sitting under that light for hours.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

beetroot and parmesan dips... odd as i hate beetroot and cheese

Turkish bread and Dukkah

Tim Tams
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:38 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Figs stuffed with Mascapone.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Figs stuffed with Mascapone.
Do you eat a whole one
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:50 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Do you eat a whole one
Yes...but can only manage 1 !
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I like the sound of those, where do they come from?

I haven't discovered anything new, not that I can think of anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.