Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What f**k is wrong with women?

Wikiposts

Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:49 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What f**k is wrong with women?

Originally Posted by jcapulet
She has both male and female "parts"? (that's what I by car and garage)
oh ****!!!!!!!!!!!
Right ...err... mmmhhh....not sure how that works but jesus nobody tell Dave
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
oh *****!!!!!!!!!!!
Right ...err... mmmhhh....now sure how that works but jesus nobody tell Dave

I wish I had my own penis, just for one day.

I wonder which side I would tuck it.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:50 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
oh *****!!!!!!!!!!!
Right ...err... mmmhhh....now sure how that works but jesus nobody tell Dave
LOL...sorry it's from a joke I heard once. Something about the "car" going in the "garage"...
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:51 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcapulet
LOL...sorry it's from a joke I heard once. Something about the "car" going in the "garage"...
So taking the car down the garage for a service means something totally different. It just gets worse
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What f**k is wrong with women?

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
I am not sure that this really warrants a reply and i am sure that many will disagree with me but .. ..

i think that in general women provide the emotional support for most families - while the rest of the family have her they don't feel the same emotional loss in leaving behind friends and family. That is not to say that they don't feel homesick but that they gain support from the women in the family. On the other hand the woman not only feels that she must support the rest of the family but does not necessarily feel that she has the same backup herself.

Just my opinion.
Tiggs
Well said Tiggs couldn't have put it better myself
Mandy
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though, what if the situation were the husband happy, children happy and settled and the wife wants to go back.

What happens then? Playing devils advocate here, does one person have the right to bring the whole family home, if they are happy and settled in their new life?

What happens if the kids want to stay as well? Who has the ultimate decision to make them come back if they are say under 16?

Just curious.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:28 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Norwegian
Most men go to Australia and are determined to make the best out of it. They get jobs, don't complain too much about it and seems happy.

Women on the other hand experience culture shock, miss their friends, parents, relatives and God knows what.
Men are taught to identify strongly with their job and since in most cases they are the ones who've qualified the family to emigrate, they usually get one more quickly than the female.

If costs of living are cheaper and the couple have children, the couple may choose to have the wife stay home instead of work. I can tell you from personal experience that after years of working, I never felt so lost or lonely as I did when I began to stay home and I hadn't moved!

Women are taught to identify with and support their friends and family. It is extraordinarily hard to make close friends after a move; it can take years. The kids have the familiar routine of school to help transition them; not so the women. Women usually cook and clean and shop for their families; hence the bewilderment of having to seek out replacement products for what they've used their whole lives.

Women who return home to friends and family are seen as being loyal and returning to the place they love; men are seen as losers who couldn't hack it. That's not fair to the men, but that's reality. So who do you think is more likely to be motivated to return and to announce on the family's behalf that they are returning?
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:09 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
I am not sure that this really warrants a reply and i am sure that many will disagree with me but .. ..

i think that in general women provide the emotional support for most families - while the rest of the family have her they don't feel the same emotional loss in leaving behind friends and family. That is not to say that they don't feel homesick but that they gain support from the women in the family. On the other hand the woman not only feels that she must support the rest of the family but does not necessarily feel that she has the same backup herself.

Just my opinion.
Tiggs

First of all I was confused by this answer, but now I've had a few wines I agree. However, I also agree with the op. In fact I agree with ****ing everyone

Only joking, I think a poll would be interesting.

Personally i was the one who instigated the whole thing, and i am the one with the most second thoughts. I have no doube my hubby will go out there and give it his best shot , and I will moan alot But I think it is due to the fact 'I am the worrier', so hubby leaves me to it and he knows I will sort it out

Last edited by Margaret2; Apr 21st 2006 at 11:13 am.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:16 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
You obviously haven't read Arkon's posts!
I have - Arkon's an old woman ... no?
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:26 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Men are taught to identify strongly with their job and since in most cases they are the ones who've qualified the family to emigrate, they usually get one more quickly than the female.

If costs of living are cheaper and the couple have children, the couple may choose to have the wife stay home instead of work. I can tell you from personal experience that after years of working, I never felt so lost or lonely as I did when I began to stay home and I hadn't moved!

Women are taught to identify with and support their friends and family. It is extraordinarily hard to make close friends after a move; it can take years. The kids have the familiar routine of school to help transition them; not so the women. Women usually cook and clean and shop for their families; hence the bewilderment of having to seek out replacement products for what they've used their whole lives.

Women who return home to friends and family are seen as being loyal and returning to the place they love; men are seen as losers who couldn't hack it. That's not fair to the men, but that's reality. So who do you think is more likely to be motivated to return and to announce on the family's behalf that they are returning?
On the whole I agree with you, but I'd say that the demographic of your average emigrating family (no stats, just based on what I've read here over the years) had a far higher percentage of both partners being in employment. It does seem to be *very* hard on stay-at-home mums because they evolved beyond the 'making friends' stage back in blighty, depending instead on old allies - and with a new life in another country, as a 'home-maker' and no obvious route to making friends beyond other mums at the school gates - I guess it can get very lonely, very quickly.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:08 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: What f**k is wrong with women?

Originally Posted by The Norwegian
They have to live in a world which continues to be dominated by men.

Stop for a moment and consider the implications.

You'll soon appreciate their perspective.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:13 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What f**k is wrong with women?

Originally Posted by Hutch
I have - Arkon's an old woman ... no?
LOL, I was going to post the exact same thing - then I read your post and saw you had beaten me to it!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:29 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there Sam

On the home stretch now then......

See you in Oz real soon.

If you are able to do it, it would be nice to see you in Brissie. You are welcome to stop over.

G

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Congratulations!

We had our meds Tuesday. Just waiting on our police checks and then I suppose its the character checks on my husband.

How long that will take is anyones guess.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I have been a trailing spouse moving to Belgium with hubby's work and now here. Before we moved I always had the chance to go off out to work once the kids were at the stage that it became feasible with childcare etc. I was part way through my teacher training when we moved to Belgium and this had to stop. Most relocations agencies acknowledge that getting the trailing spouse (male or female) settled is the biggest step to making a relocation work.
Consider what it would be like to have to put your life on hold until everyone else is fully settled and then maybe you would understand what it is like for a lot of women (and some men who come over without work). I am going to go back to do my teacher training here but then we get the juggling of childcare without any friends/family to support us. Ian will always be the main wage earner no matter what I do so the childcare has to fall back onto me in the end, although he helps as much as he can. I am not complaining and am happy that we have made this move but can fully understand why this is too much for some people.
Nicky
Old Apr 21st 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Seriously though, what if the situation were the husband happy, children happy and settled and the wife wants to go back.

What happens then? Playing devils advocate here, does one person have the right to bring the whole family home, if they are happy and settled in their new life?

What happens if the kids want to stay as well? Who has the ultimate decision to make them come back if they are say under 16?

Just curious.
That hapenned to us as teenagers, we lived in Queensland for 4 years, my mum was homesick, i was 15, had a boyfriend, and they dragged us back.
Gave them hell for years, bless, they are here on hols at the mo. and love it. They always regretted going back.
Thats why, i have to make it work, i would not do that to my kids, they love it here, so does hubby, and i do but have good days and bad days.
I think when you get down, or PMS its just an easy option to say "Im going back". typical woman. We dont mean it, we are just horrible at certain times of the month, well some of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.