Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What f**k is wrong with women?

Wikiposts

What f**k is wrong with women?

Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:31 am
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light
Default What f**k is wrong with women?

Hi everyone.

I have been lurking around BE since 2003 and have read hundreds of posts. From people just starting the immigration process to people having lived in Australia for a long time. And one thing strikes me. The outcome of the immigration seems to be determined by the women. Most men go to Australia and are determined to make the best out of it. They get jobs, don't complain too much about it and seems happy.

Women on the other hand experience culture shock, miss their friends, parents, relatives and God knows what. They struggle and want to return home. FFS it is an adventure, not life imprisonment in Australia. Australia is a different country. You cannot expect it to be little Britain with BBQ and beaches. Moving to Australia is tough. It is halfway around the world and you will not be able to see your friends and relatives as often as you are used to.
You probably will have to start at the bottom of the career ladder, but then again you should have known this before you moved to Australia.

I am pretty sure if we did a poll at the Returning to UK forum the women would be the main reason why families moved back to UK.

Women need to change their attitude and think through why they want to immigrate in the first place and when in Australia give it your best shot

I will probably not be very popular with the fairer sex, but hey, I can handle that.

Erik the bloody viking
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:40 am
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: What f**k is wrong with women?

Originally Posted by The Norwegian
Hi everyone.

I have been lurking around BE since 2003 and have read hundreds of posts. From people just starting the immigration process to people having lived in Australia for a long time. And one thing strikes me. The outcome of the immigration seems to be determined by the women. Most men go to Australia and are determined to make the best out of it. They get jobs, don't complain too much about it and seems happy.

Women on the other hand experience culture shock, miss their friends, parents, relatives and God knows what. They struggle and want to return home. FFS it is an adventure, not life imprisonment in Australia. Australia is a different country. You cannot expect it to be little Britain with BBQ and beaches. Moving to Australia is tough. It is halfway around the world and you will not be able to see your friends and relatives as often as you are used to.
You probably will have to start at the bottom of the career ladder, but then again you should have known this before you moved to Australia.

I am pretty sure if we did a poll at the Returning to UK forum the women would be the main reason why families moved back to UK.

Women need to change their attitude and think through why they want to immigrate in the first place and when in Australia give it your best shot

I will probably not be very popular with the fairer sex, but hey, I can handle that.

Erik the bloody viking
Keep your helmet on Eric! or you might lose your horn
What is a man without a woman? A viking i guess!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:46 am
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What f**k is wrong with women?

Originally Posted by jan
Keep your helmet on Eric! or you might lose your horn
What is a man without a woman? A viking i guess!
Come on girls. Is this the best you can do? A bad joke about a man's best friend?

Erik the bloody viking
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:56 am
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough

Come on girls. Is this the best you can do? A bad joke about a man's best friend?

Erik the bloody viking
C'mon Eric tell us about your best friend or is he busy with your best friend at the MO!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:57 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know the answer to that one.

I dont rely on my family for anything and pretty much keep myself to myself really.

I anticipate homesickness but going back to the UK is not an option for us.

My husband has emigrated before and we will stick together on this and unless both of us are unhappy, we wont make the other one come home'.

Im looking at it as a sort of 'migration marriage' which is for better or for worse.

On the other hand, other people have their own emotions and feelings to deal with.

I just know that I dont see my family alot now and my friends dont live near me so am a bit of a loner.

Therefore my support network is geographically quite wide.

We have been through a fair bit of shit in years so I know we can make this work.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Erik the bloody viking

I actually agree with you
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:59 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

Erik the bloody viking
You obviously haven't read Arkon's posts!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:00 am
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of
Cool Re: What f**k is wrong with women?

Hi everyone.

Erik the bloody viking
Poor little Viking, you should really get out there and meet more women!!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:03 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Dont know the answer to that one.

I dont rely on my family for anything and pretty much keep myself to myself really.

I anticipate homesickness but going back to the UK is not an option for us.

My husband has emigrated before and we will stick together on this and unless both of us are unhappy, we wont make the other one come home'.

Im looking at it as a sort of 'migration marriage' which is for better or for worse.

On the other hand, other people have their own emotions and feelings to deal with.

I just know that I dont see my family alot now and my friends dont live near me so am a bit of a loner.

Therefore my support network is geographically quite wide.

We have been through a fair bit of shit in years so I know we can make this work.
Hi PP,
Haven't seen you for a while....must've been in the wrong places.

How's the application comin on? We got our visa on tuesday
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:05 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

Erik the bloody viking
I am not sure that this really warrants a reply and i am sure that many will disagree with me but .. ..

i think that in general women provide the emotional support for most families - while the rest of the family have her they don't feel the same emotional loss in leaving behind friends and family. That is not to say that they don't feel homesick but that they gain support from the women in the family. On the other hand the woman not only feels that she must support the rest of the family but does not necessarily feel that she has the same backup herself.

Just my opinion.
Tiggs
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi PP,
Haven't seen you for a while....must've been in the wrong places.

How's the application comin on? We got our visa on tuesday

Congratulations!

We had our meds Tuesday. Just waiting on our police checks and then I suppose its the character checks on my husband.

How long that will take is anyones guess.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:11 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I think women have a greater need to express their emotions, so you are far more likely to hear about homesickness, culture shock and struggle from a woman than you are a man. I dont think it means one is worse than the other though.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Congratulations!

We had our meds Tuesday. Just waiting on our police checks and then I suppose its the character checks on my husband.

How long that will take is anyones guess.
I wish I had sent the police checks a bit later, as now we only have until November 4th to validate...but it's not that bad I suppose, we should be sorted by then
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I wish I had sent the police checks a bit later, as now we only have until November 4th to validate...but it's not that bad I suppose, we should be sorted by then

We wont do a validation trip, we will just go.

It would be nice to be out there this year but I shall have to see how long the checks take.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I think women have a greater need to express their emotions, so you are far more likely to hear about homesickness, culture shock and struggle from a woman than you are a man. I dont think it means one is worse than the other though.

That would make an interesting poll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.