Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What is the drink lime and bitters?

What is the drink lime and bitters?

Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is the drink lime and bitters?

My friend keeps mentioning that it's what she drinks when goes out, but when she comes round I want to make it for her.

What is it? Something to do with Angostura Bitters?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:11 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the drink lime and bitters?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
My friend keeps mentioning that it's what she drinks when goes out, but when she comes round I want to make it for her.

Sounds like bitter with a twist of lime to me, but then again what is Angostura Bitters?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:14 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

Hi yes its lemonade lime and a dash of Angosturas Bitters, and its yummy, dont see it here but had loads over there in bars and you can buy bottles of it ready made in the supermarket

if you make it yourself go easy on the bitters as it can be poisonous in large doses.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:34 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

also soda water is sometimes used
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:06 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

and you have to call it 'lemon, lime and bitters' or they don't know what you're talking about. I was calling it 'bitters, lime and lemonade' - got laughed at and then corrected. There was me thinking it's the same thing......
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:15 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

http://www.angosturabitters.com/history.htm

this will answer your bitters query - every thing you need to know.