Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do you want for christmas.....?

What do you want for christmas.....?

Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:05 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough
Default What do you want for christmas.....?

Ok its time we deeeeeeeeee-stressed.....

Do you know the Mariah Carey song:

" ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS .................................................. .................................................. ......................................"??:confused ::confused :

Answers on a postcard!!!!!

Ok when I asked my son this question he said "mum I have everything I need (a wii, a nintendo etc) - I really dont need anything else - I just want to be with my granny in Australia"

My response is the same ........... A VIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAA!!!!!!

OK I know its pretty scary!!!!!!! Halloween isnt even here yet and you do think what the hec christmas stuff in matalan already......however how many of us do you think will manage to be in OZ??

Never thought that would be top of my list

How many of you are on the same boat. How many of you as parents are thinking what do I get the kids for crimbo this year???

How many of you are thinking "oh it cant be anything big as we can't take it with us!!"

How many of us are thinking " I hope we hear soon....."

Good luck everyone - hope we all get what we want
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice
Default Re: What do you want for christmas.....?

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris

" ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS .................................................. .................................................. ......................................"??:confused ::confused :

Ok when I asked my son this question he said "mum I have everything I need (a wii, a nintendo etc) - I really dont need anything else - I just want to be with my granny in Australia"

OK I know its pretty scary!!!!!!! Halloween isnt even here yet and you do think what the hec christmas stuff in matalan already......however how many of us do you think will manage to be in OZ??

How many of you are on the same boat. How many of you as parents are thinking what do I get the kids for crimbo this year???

How many of you are thinking "oh it cant be anything big as we can't take it with us!!"

My girls also only want to be with nanny and grandad (also in Oz). I'm also thinking what to do for Christmas. I've decided to only buy small portable gifts for them both. I've talked my parents into getting them pressies and keeping them at there's until we come out. Hope to be there by April/May time.

Good luck deciding what to do.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:00 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hi Anne

Do you know realistically I hope to be there April time or hopefully ideally before then but how nice would it be to be granted your visa for xmas.

Do you know what that is really good that your kids are thinking that way too and a good idea to get grandparents to keep gifts for when they arrive to make them feel welcome as they will probably leave majority of toys here.

Do you know my kids are 8 and 9 and its an ideal time to move - I had said to mines that maybe they could get a small gift and money to take with them to get what they want when they arrive??

Do you know of a different note I really feel it for you guys who are trying to sell houses not knowing when to sell - how long the process will take etc. it must be so confusing!!

When did you apply? and where are you heading?

Wendy
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi Wendy,

Why don't you get them both small gifts and instead of giving them money put it to one side. Then when you get to Oz why don't you set a date in mind for Christmas number 2. Then go out and buy them more gifts as well. They will love it.

My girls are 2 and 5. So Xmas and grand parents are a big thing for them.

We have a house to sell. But hey we'll have to look on the bright side there.

I applied for a 175 visa on 24th Jan got CO 1st September. Had meds done 19th Sept and pcc have also been done. So really hoping to have visa granted before Xmas. We're heading for Adelaide. Gonna live with the folks to we get sorted.

When did you apply? Where are you heading for?

Anne
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:38 pm
Good luck to all

Hi Anne

Good advice!! and nice to meet you.

I too am heading to live with the folks.... in Perth!! never thought I would be glad to move in with mum and dad again but they are lovely people and do you know what I am priveleged to have somewhere to go and it eleviates the unknown. We have visited Perth 2 out of the last 3 years and do know what we loved it.

Some people may think you have it easy but do you know what I have no house to sell as living in council house no spare cash but no commitments which means we are good to go!!!! oh my goodness thats an australianism already or is that americanism dont know!! anyway I think that having family out there helps, however for all of you who are taking a leap into the unknown - wish you all the best. I think we will settle easily as I have missed my family who moved to Oz and have everything to gain by this... but I do realise that some of you may be unsure but go for it is my advice what you got to loose you can always move back if its not what you expected xxxx
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:31 pm

Bibo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris

Very touchable words ... I'm a father of three sons, I'm living in one of those high risk countries and believe me it's really high risk to live in my country. My dream is to insure safe life to my wife and sons, I pray if we could get our visa as a Christmas gift and joining our family in Oz .... we need to celebrate Christmas this year in different way .... Please Santa, if you can read this, ignore the Mercedes car, we need the VISA much more ..... as for the Mercedes! maybe next year

Wish you all the best ... Good luck

Last edited by Bibo; Sep 26th 2008 at 10:40 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Peace and love to all, and if we are not all going to get visas......a case officer in a big white beard would be great.....!!

And anything from HSV would be good....

We are coming at things from the opposite angle, given we are striking out for a new life and leaving relatives in the UK.

So, we will make it a Christmas for all to remember.

Twinset
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

We hope to be leaving shortly after Christmas, but as our big son isn't coming we can't leave him all alone for Christmas can we? I was thinking of having a second Christmas when we arrive, but then he would be the only one opening any pressies which is a bit sad. I think we'll get clothes, games etc that are small and flat.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I know what I am getting for Xmas .... christmas with my family in UK. Best present you can have ... I can't wait for a proper Christmas!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember in Christmas 2005, all I wanted was the following:

1. For my Mum to make it until Christmas Day where we had planned to renew our wedding vows by her bed in the hospice. She did make it and died on the Boxing Day.

2. For us to get our Visa - that came over a year later but better late than never.

3. For it to snow on Christmas Day. - Oh well, who needs snow anyway?

This year will be our first Christmas in Australia and I am feeling nervous about it all for reasons I cannot explain.

I would like the following for this Christmas:

1. To be comfortable in our own home and settled/happy

2. To not be worried about anything/money/anyone

3. To be able to speak on the phone with those I love on the day that matters

4. To be able to build up my own new Christmas traditions that I will enjoy and look forward to.

That is it - you can keep your pressies, that is all I want and you cant wrap any of it.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I remember in Christmas 2005, all I wanted was the following:

1. For my Mum to make it until Christmas Day where we had planned to renew our wedding vows by her bed in the hospice. She did make it and died on the Boxing Day.

2. For us to get our Visa - that came over a year later but better late than never.

3. For it to snow on Christmas Day. - Oh well, who needs snow anyway?

This year will be our first Christmas in Australia and I am feeling nervous about it all for reasons I cannot explain.

I would like the following for this Christmas:

1. To be comfortable in our own home and settled/happy

2. To not be worried about anything/money/anyone

3. To be able to speak on the phone with those I love on the day that matters

4. To be able to build up my own new Christmas traditions that I will enjoy and look forward to.

That is it - you can keep your pressies, that is all I want and you cant wrap any of it.

Good post PP.
As you say pressies arent worth any of the above!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Well said, PP!!

Hope all is well with you and yours

Twinset
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:34 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Good post PP.
As you say pressies arent worth any of the above!
The feeling of being comfortable with who you are and your surroundings is priceless, as for a phone call from someone you care about - well that is the best pressie for me.

Originally Posted by Twinset
Well said, PP!!

Hope all is well with you and yours

Twinset
I was out in Freo today and had a 'moment' where I missed my sister so much I could have cried.

Im watching 'Peter Kay' and Phoenix Nights now to cheer myself up.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

My Christmas present wouldn`t cost a thing, I would just love all of my family to talk to each other

Sheila
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Me two front teeth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.