Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do you still use/have

Wikiposts

What do you still use/have

Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of
Default Re: What do you still use/have

My teeth
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:26 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Oh forget, we also have a huge kitchen cock that we bought in a really cheap shop years and years ago!!
Does it still have its big hand?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Does it still have its big hand?
Only when it does something worthy of applause
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:45 pm
ABCDiamond

The Fondue pot that I bought in Switzerland in ... ?? over 20 years ago...

The Swan toaster, the Russell Hobs kettle, still used every day...

I even have some old wine glasses left, those ones that Shell used to give away with petrol.... ( I think it was Shell)

Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a lot of stuff. Husband's hair clippers and mobile phone are dying thankfully - fed up with the UK plug and transformer sitting in the adaptor Not many clothes now though. My 30 year old wok is still doing the business and I've got one crystal cut glass that I used to drink ribena out of at my grandmother's house when I was about 5 that is still used daily
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:41 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I'm still using all of it I even found a roll of Tesco cling film when we moved. Its ace, it even sticks to things!
me too
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
I've got a roll of Waitrose tin foil in my kitchen drawer.
Do you use it to wrap around your head as a helmet and block all the windows out?

Only kidding, loving your house price posts -100% wiv ya!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just about everything. My UK stuff is outlasting The Bloke's Aussie stuff in many cases - handles falling off saucepans, bedclothes disintegrating, towels going into holes etc.
Did you buy better intially? I find my clothes always seem to outlast just about anyones. But I buy few good clothes, rather than lots of cheap ones.

My father and mother had saucepans from the 1950s up until at least a few years back.

I have my suits from over 20 years ago. And a penknife from 17!!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Still left:
Saucepans and some cutlery.
One bed
Some clothes/linen/towels/quilts
Most of my tools [nice big shed/garage to put them in now]
Boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff from my mother-in-law's house

All the other furniture we brought over 3 years ago has gone now [to be honest I think UK furniture is too small for newer houses here]- been given away or sold. TV's all replaced, never brought the fridge, washing machine.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Still left:
All the other furniture we brought over 3 years ago has gone now [to be honest I think UK furniture is too small for newer houses here]
You what John? Seems to me it's the same size, except that you need 3 sofas rather than the 1 - for the 'lounge room', formal, games room etc etc...