British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   what do you hate about Oz? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/what-do-you-hate-about-oz-735605/)

Turban Explorer Oct 14th 2011 12:34 am

Re: what do you hate about Oz?

Originally Posted by randb (Post 9673815)
Bermuda

What are the top 5 things that piss you off about Bermuda?

chris955 Oct 14th 2011 12:35 am

I hate whinging Aussies, endless red tape, terrible drivers, lots of restrictive laws, comparative lack of choice.

Amazulu Oct 14th 2011 12:40 am

Originally Posted by randb (Post 9673766)
Oh no, are there many? As right now I am living on a UK colony territory and I simply can't handle them anymore, especially the one in my office ...

Look at the way hooray henry poms have ruined Barbados

randb Oct 14th 2011 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer (Post 9673855)
What are the top 5 things that piss you off about Bermuda?

Top 5?
1 If you are not black, you have a second line for everything, also at the post office
2 If you are an expat you count less than a drunk homeless
3 The food it's all frozen, expired and taste shit. More than that, it's f...ing expensive. An apple 1.5 USD
4 Roaches everywhere, in the house, in the cabinets ... everywhere and they are immortal
5 The worst, expat that got married with locals and acquired status, so now they act racist against their original citizens ... most of them are europeans.

Turban Explorer Oct 14th 2011 12:58 am

Originally Posted by randb (Post 9673868)
Top 5?
1 If you are not black, you have a second line for everything, also at the post office
2 If you are an expat you count less than a drunk homeless
3 The food it's all frozen, expired and taste shit. More than that, it's f...ing expensive. An apple 1.5 USD
4 Roaches everywhere, in the house, in the cabinets ... everywhere and they are immortal
5 The worst, expat that got married with locals and acquired status, so now they act racist against their original citizens ... most of them are europeans.

Aaah.... Expect to pay more for apples!

Jan4kids Oct 14th 2011 1:46 am

I would say hate is too stronger word....but I feel I miss the cleverness of the English sense of humour....and (I must be mixing in the wrong circles here) the intellingence :unsure:

and the heat/humidity in Summer doesn't score Brownie points with me either :o (but is compensated by airconditioning in shops and a credit card held in my sweaty mitts lol)

Jan

DeadVim Oct 14th 2011 2:23 am

2 and a half hours of digging later and I have a bigger hole to show for my trouble.

What did I miss? Hmmm ...

chris955 Oct 14th 2011 3:34 am

I was watching some Monty Python clips on Youtube this morning and thinking that no-one can do humour like the British. It's like when the Aussies tried to do Top Gear, it just doesn't work.

Originally Posted by Jan4kids (Post 9673929)
I would say hate is too stronger word....but I feel I miss the cleverness of the English sense of humour....and (I must be mixing in the wrong circles here) the intellingence :unsure:

and the heat/humidity in Summer doesn't score Brownie points with me either :o (but is compensated by airconditioning in shops and a credit card held in my sweaty mitts lol)

Jan

DadAgain Oct 14th 2011 4:33 am

I considered writing a long a detailed explanation of all the things that bug me at the moment and how they could simply and easily be improved... but then I realised I'm Australian so just cant be arsed to do that....

....and its friday afternoon so its not all bad

Dorothy Oct 14th 2011 5:46 am

People who immigrate here and then bitch and moan because it's not "just like home". Same thing I hated in my home country, too.

No, I don't love everything about Australia but for as long as the good outweighs the bad I'll make do. If the dislike side of the list ever gets longer than the like I'll know it's time to move on.

Grayling Oct 14th 2011 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 9673860)
Look at the way hooray henry poms have ruined Barbados

Look at the way the South Africans ruined South Africa

Amazulu Oct 14th 2011 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 9674107)
Look at the way the South Africans ruined South Africa

I didn't know that you were a Hooray Henry G?
Tory Boy, yes but not a HH.

Grayling Oct 14th 2011 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 9674142)
I didn't know that you were a Hooray Henry G?

Not me:angel_smile:.....but the boys I went to school with were

DeadVim Oct 14th 2011 7:12 am

Originally Posted by DadAgain (Post 9674069)
I considered writing a long a detailed explanation of all the things that bug me at the moment and how they could simply and easily be improved... but then I realised I'm Australian so just cant be arsed to do that....

....and its friday afternoon so its not all bad

Do you not realise your lack of motivation may cause a prospective immigrant to make a poor lifestyle choice?

Or may prod a close-to-escapee into action?

You heartless sod.

<Back to Rose Tattoo at full volume>

Amazulu Oct 14th 2011 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 9674150)
Not me:angel_smile:.....but the boys I went to school with were

I think their Tory values rubbed off on you