Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

what do you hate about Oz?

what do you hate about Oz?

Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:34 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do you hate about Oz?

Originally Posted by randb
Bermuda
What are the top 5 things that piss you off about Bermuda?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:35 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate whinging Aussies, endless red tape, terrible drivers, lots of restrictive laws, comparative lack of choice.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, are there many? As right now I am living on a UK colony territory and I simply can't handle them anymore, especially the one in my office ...
Look at the way hooray henry poms have ruined Barbados
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

randb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
What are the top 5 things that piss you off about Bermuda?
Top 5?
1 If you are not black, you have a second line for everything, also at the post office
2 If you are an expat you count less than a drunk homeless
3 The food it's all frozen, expired and taste shit. More than that, it's f...ing expensive. An apple 1.5 USD
4 Roaches everywhere, in the house, in the cabinets ... everywhere and they are immortal
5 The worst, expat that got married with locals and acquired status, so now they act racist against their original citizens ... most of them are europeans.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:58 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Top 5?
1 If you are not black, you have a second line for everything, also at the post office
2 If you are an expat you count less than a drunk homeless
3 The food it's all frozen, expired and taste shit. More than that, it's f...ing expensive. An apple 1.5 USD
4 Roaches everywhere, in the house, in the cabinets ... everywhere and they are immortal
5 The worst, expat that got married with locals and acquired status, so now they act racist against their original citizens ... most of them are europeans.
Aaah.... Expect to pay more for apples!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:46 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I would say hate is too stronger word....but I feel I miss the cleverness of the English sense of humour....and (I must be mixing in the wrong circles here) the intellingence

and the heat/humidity in Summer doesn't score Brownie points with me either (but is compensated by airconditioning in shops and a credit card held in my sweaty mitts lol)

Jan
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:23 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

2 and a half hours of digging later and I have a bigger hole to show for my trouble.

What did I miss? Hmmm ...
Old Oct 14th 2011, 3:34 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching some Monty Python clips on Youtube this morning and thinking that no-one can do humour like the British. It's like when the Aussies tried to do Top Gear, it just doesn't work.

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
I would say hate is too stronger word....but I feel I miss the cleverness of the English sense of humour....and (I must be mixing in the wrong circles here) the intellingence

and the heat/humidity in Summer doesn't score Brownie points with me either (but is compensated by airconditioning in shops and a credit card held in my sweaty mitts lol)

Jan
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:33 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I considered writing a long a detailed explanation of all the things that bug me at the moment and how they could simply and easily be improved... but then I realised I'm Australian so just cant be arsed to do that....

....and its friday afternoon so its not all bad
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

People who immigrate here and then bitch and moan because it's not "just like home". Same thing I hated in my home country, too.

No, I don't love everything about Australia but for as long as the good outweighs the bad I'll make do. If the dislike side of the list ever gets longer than the like I'll know it's time to move on.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Look at the way hooray henry poms have ruined Barbados
Look at the way the South Africans ruined South Africa
Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Look at the way the South Africans ruined South Africa
I didn't know that you were a Hooray Henry G?
Tory Boy, yes but not a HH.

Last edited by Amazulu; Oct 14th 2011 at 7:08 am.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I didn't know that you were a Hooray Henry G?
Not me.....but the boys I went to school with were
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:12 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I considered writing a long a detailed explanation of all the things that bug me at the moment and how they could simply and easily be improved... but then I realised I'm Australian so just cant be arsed to do that....

....and its friday afternoon so its not all bad
Do you not realise your lack of motivation may cause a prospective immigrant to make a poor lifestyle choice?

Or may prod a close-to-escapee into action?

You heartless sod.

<Back to Rose Tattoo at full volume>
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not me.....but the boys I went to school with were
I think their Tory values rubbed off on you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.