Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do you do for presents?

Wikiposts

What do you do for presents?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you do for presents?

Originally Posted by Wol
Why would I be "taking the ****"?

We get more fun from our eternal card than any number of one-offs. Each to his own, I suppose.
I thought you were implying I was tight Sorry
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Good for you. We gave up gifts years ago - no-one wants the things that are given anyway.

And we've saved a fortune on spouses Christmas, birthday, Easter, Mothers' day etc cards: we bought one generic card about ten years ago and find it and present it for each occasion! Gives us a good laugh each time and saves about $20 - $30 a year!
Definitely not taking the piss. We'd do the same - except -er we don't bother at all in many cases We know a family who insist on giving expensive presents - we of course have no option but to grateful (which we are) - but they needn't..
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

I send stuff home (often months in advance) with OH when he goes on business or when friends who have visited us return home or when ex-pats go on hols.
You just have to be organised.We love gifts and a card in the post would certainly not suffice for our family.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

fryer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i use the website for m&s and amazon and get gift cards sent or other
items from M&S that get giftwrapped and sent direct to person, its so easy.
cards i use moonpig.com and you can choose the wording and design and they too get sent wherever in the world, they r brilliant and a cheaper way of doing it.
Xmas i sent wine gifts from M&S
They all arrive in perfect condition in a few days and i pay with my australian
credit card now.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:39 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Why would I be "taking the ****"?

We get more fun from our eternal card than any number of one-offs. Each to his own, I suppose.
We had the same thing for a long time between my BIL and our family - it was great fun waiting for the card!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:57 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
I send stuff home (often months in advance) with OH when he goes on business or when friends who have visited us return home or when ex-pats go on hols.
You just have to be organised.We love gifts and a card in the post would certainly not suffice for our family.
Ditto!

I'll have to try the expat/family thing - great ideas there Wilgar! Thank you.