Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do you collect?

What do you collect?

Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you collect?

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
What is the cat doing to him?
I swear you are getting worse
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
I swear you are getting worse
Who? Me?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Who? Me?
I'm not pointing my finger at anyone else am I????
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:13 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I used to collect postcards but haven't for many years. My OH's mate collects Magazines, payslips & nuts & bolts to mention a few!

Do you collect anything?
DVD's ! lol

oh and PC's

Antique Aussie Farm Equipment

Dogs

I used to collect money, but gave up, as its harder to get than you think !
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:33 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Giving him some luuuuuurrrrrrrve!

(Or the towel treatment)
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:45 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
money

send us your old stuff dont matter how crinkly i`ll cherish it
He he....I actually do collect old bank notes and issues from around the world.I got quite into it at one bit and built quite a collection up.Must have it valued one day.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:47 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

My thoughts as well when I saw the piccie.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:52 pm
In New Yorshire

Paper weights were an obsession at one time with me.
Built up quite a collection of older stuff and also apprentice glass pieces.

There are some Venetian pieces that can bring up to $250,000 US!!!!!!
Not that I've ever been that lucky to dig one out.

I have them in tucked away in a cabinet now,Mrs Tyke put some on display - we now have a burn mark on an antique table - DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN THE SUN!!THEY DO ACT AS MAGNIFYING GLASSES!!!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:39 pm
In New Yorshire

Forgot to say..................It looks like we collect Bedlington Terriers as well.
We'd always wanted one but had no time in the UK.
Found a breeder here in Adelaide as soon as we moved here.
Bought Bart.
3 years after we thought Bart was lonely so off to the breeders and ended up with Brock (who is never going to grow up).That is his picture as my avatar.
18 months ago the breeder was packing up so we took one of his stud dogs (Now named Billy).I really don't think he was looked after and does seem to have been mistreated.We didn't pay much for him and insisted that we had him as he got on so well with out other two.
Not many of this breed around and I often get emails asking advice.
There is even a forum on them.............

http://bedlington.biz/

Obsessed??? - you betcha!!
They are such loving and funny dogs - bit like a wolf in clown's clothing.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have a lovely little white Steiff bear that would probably fetch a tenner as it is a low end of the range bear and I have a ginger Steiff kitten called Minka which would go for about 15 quid.

It's nice to know that Im not the only collector of bears.

I do have a 1940s Eastern European bear, hes quite big with fake leather patches on him, I love him - hes my favourite and is coming with me.

Here is a piccie of him.
He wouldnt last 5 mins in our house with the newest addition. A schiztzu called Jinky who humps the white cushions thinking they're females.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

markluton will become famous soon enough

I seem to collect hobbies, as I have a new one every year just about. I have taken up playing the trumpet, flying radio-control planes and woodworking in the last 2 years.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tyke
He he....I actually do collect old bank notes and issues from around the world.I got quite into it at one bit and built quite a collection up.Must have it valued one day.
My father gave my daughter a 1920's shinplaster for her 11th birthday. At the time she didn't appreciate it, but he told her to hang on to it as it would be worth a lot more than the original 25 cents on the note. She still has it in a plastic sleeve in her jewelery box. I really should have it valuated so we know if it's worth anything.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:31 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My father gave my daughter a 1920's shinplaster for her 11th birthday. At the time she didn't appreciate it, but he told her to hang on to it as it would be worth a lot more than the original 25 cents on the note. She still has it in a plastic sleeve in her jewelery box. I really should have it valuated so we know if it's worth anything.
http://coins.search.ebay.com/shinpla...0QQsacatZ11116

As always, there seem to be some that aren't worth too much and some that are worth a lot. It probably depends on condition, year and whether it was circulated or not. Probably worth hanging onto for a really long time.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice

Hmm Im not really a collector as such but when I was back in England I amassed around 30 or so Arsenal matchday programmes so I guess that makes them a collection... And maybe you could count cd's as I have a rather big collection of those.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Esmeralda Chipmunk is quite high maintenance, so I have some lovely stuff collected for her house - all dollshouse miniatures, and most of it beautifully handmade.
Attached Thumbnails What do you collect?-72_2.jpg   What do you collect?-c9ec_2.jpg   What do you collect?-cheese.jpg   What do you collect?-lobster.jpg   What do you collect?-grailfrit.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.