Reload this Page >

What do you call home?

Wikiposts

What do you call home?

Old Jan 1st 2007, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you call home?

Going to bore you all with a wee story (once told you it Ginny), but its always stuck with me.

Believe it or not, i once went to church and the minister was talking about xmas and kids, and as i didn't have a computer there i had nothing better to do but listen, anyway the story went

a family awaiting housing were staying in some sort of homeless accom, and at school a child there asked one of the kids in the accom, 'god , don't you have a home' , and the other kid replied 'yes, but we just don't have a house to put it in' awwwwwwwe, always makes me wanna cry, that wee story.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:06 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
are you trying to tell us you live in a tent?
beats a cardboard box i guess
Happy New Year N!
In this weather, it's floated away.

Happy new year, C! Did you have a good one? (New year's eve, rather than full year - that'd take too long to answer.)
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:21 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

I call the pub home, and my fishing boat home and my house home. So I've always got a home to go to.......

ZX.......
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I call the pub home, and my fishing boat home and my house home. So I've always got a home to go to.......

ZX.......

what about the fags , you gave them up yet , ave got a long memory
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:30 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
what about the fags , you gave them up yet , ave got a long memory
Must be a Scottish thing, Wendys got a long memory too..... No I haven't given up the smokes yet. As soon as Wendys stops nagging I'll stop the smokes. 2020 should be the year to give up.....

ZX.....
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Home is where me and mine are. Home is here. Family etc are back in the UK. I believe that if you want the move to work, as soon as you land here, it should become home.

For a simple four letter word, HOME can sure mess the emotions about if you let it.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:48 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Going to bore you all with a wee story (once told you it Ginny), but its always stuck with me.

Believe it or not, i once went to church and the minister was talking about xmas and kids, and as i didn't have a computer there i had nothing better to do but listen, anyway the story went

a family awaiting housing were staying in some sort of homeless accom, and at school a child there asked one of the kids in the accom, 'god , don't you have a home' , and the other kid replied 'yes, but we just don't have a house to put it in' awwwwwwwe, always makes me wanna cry, that wee story.
aww thats a nice story
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:07 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Geordie George
In this weather, it's floated away.

Happy new year, C! Did you have a good one? (New year's eve, rather than full year - that'd take too long to answer.)
yeah great.. drank too much, stayed up far too late and was punished for it in the early hours
did you hang out for th coathanger?!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:12 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
yeah great.. drank too much, stayed up far too late and was punished for it in the early hours
did you hang out for th coathanger?!
Sounds like us.

Aye, we met up with some other BE-ers and then pottered down to one of the local parks for the fireworks. Had a great evening. But didn't crawl into bed until after 3.30 am. Which would have been OK, if I'd not been woken up by some considerate rellies from Blighty at stoopid hour.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We went down there too... Mrs Maquarie's chair.. packed with people. Only stayed for the family ones though then headed back home.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I called Aussie home, since about 2 weeks after I arrived all those years ago.

However I think I'm going through the Male Meno or something, but after my trip last year, I would love to have the best of both worlds as my home.

I've got an idea though, if I were to move back to the place of my ancestors, I would miss here more than there.

Maybe a fast car with all the trimmings would help distract me lol.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:41 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I left Scotland 13 years ago and moved temporary to England then after a year or so i made London my home. Lived there for about 3 years came to Oz for a year. I still called London home. Then moved back for another year or so. I then moved to NZ and lived for a year. Every time i left the UK it became less and less like home. After NZ i went back to London for 4 months and then moved to Thailand for 5 years. I called Thailand home for a while. Now home is Sydney. I dont see myself going anywhere for a long time.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 7:06 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

I've often heard my mum refer to Oz as 'home'. She's 70 and moved to the UK in 1959
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

After 40 years Australia is, obviously, home,but when I go to Scotland on holiday I still say I'm going home. I'll never live there again, but it is still home. I have two homes, one where I live and my family are and one where my roots are.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its a question that I've often thought about - when I first came here I called Australia home, partly in an attempt to settle quickly, and to make my subconscious realise that this was now home. I think it was about two years ago that I suddenly realised i had stopped calling Aus home, and was automatically calling the UK home. Totally unconscious decision, my heart obviously decided to overrule my head

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.