Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do I take??????????

What do I take??????????

Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:12 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do I take??????????

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I wouldn't get wine for the mum-to-be: whilst she is pregnant she can't drink. And if she is breast-feeding once she's had it, she can't drink either.
Yeah but what about the guests
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:20 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Yeah but what about the guests
Let's hope the guests are nice and don't rub it in that "Mum" can't drink right now.

Gina
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:55 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope the guests are nice and don't rub it in that "Mum" can't drink right now.

Gina

Discrete winos Hmmmmm maybe not
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I have been invited to a baby shower this week and as I have never been to one before I havent the foggiest idea what I am expected to take.
Do I take nibbles........or drink........perhaps a gift for the baby.......or maybe the expectant mum....or is it that I take ALL of the mentioned????????
Dont wnt to looka twat, but when I had my kids baby showers were unheard of. The work colleagues had a wip round and you got a baby bath full of Johnson goodies!!!! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.......

I went to one recently and took a toy for the baby. 90% of the gifts would have been toys or clothes, one person also brought a 'baby proof your home' kit.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:50 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't get wine for the mum-to-be: whilst she is pregnant she can't drink. And if she is breast-feeding once she's had it, she can't drink either.
Why not? whilst im aware of the need to eliminate any harmful intake, the odd little glass wont do seriious damage.
I had the odd one when pregnant....the odd small glass of wine wont do any harm.

and i found the odd glass of wine when i was breastfeeding helped us all sleep!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:09 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
Why not? whilst im aware of the need to eliminate any harmful intake, the odd little glass wont do seriious damage.
I had the odd one when pregnant....the odd small glass of wine wont do any harm.

When I did my breastfeeding course the tutor said the odd glass of wine is absolutely fine when breastfeeding and she said as the baby gets older and sleeps longer you can have more - she said it takes your body one hour to process a unit of alcohol and it would not be in your milk after that time, so if you've got a nipper who sleeps through the night then you can have some more!

Baby shower sounds ace! I agree with everyone else really, take a drink a pressie for mom and a pressie for baby. I think a pampering treat for mom would be nice.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:44 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

However don't do what I did - get hammered at my brothers wedding whilst breastfeeding a 4 month old and then have to cope with vinegar smelling nappies for the next 2 days :scared: Natures payback I guess
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:08 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
However don't do what I did - get hammered at my brothers wedding whilst breastfeeding a 4 month old and then have to cope with vinegar smelling nappies for the next 2 days :scared: Natures payback I guess
Lol - my midwife came round for diner and we drank 5 bottles of wine between us - I remember pumping off my milk and tipping it down the sink - thankfully I'd got some of the alcohol free stuff stored in the freezer

My midwife thought I was mad tipping it away, she was saying 'give it him he'll be fine' - thankfully he had a good 8 hours that night
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

get her some marigold gloves with fur trim...tell her they are for when she has to wash all the bottles.

Sue........Mick bought her these for her birthday last year, as well as a small bottle of washing up liquid and a small cookery book........as she has never washed up or cooked a meal in her life!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:45 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

An fully-loaded MP3 player and / or a good book.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

All ready to go tommorrow with my gifts all wrapped.

Bottle of white wine, (not for me as I hate the stuff, just being polite!!!!)

A beautiful picture frame for bubbs, 5 frames in one somehow.....abstracty...if you get my jist, with 'My First year' engraved accros the top. Sounds a bit naff but honestly its nice. Also a 6 piece baby outfit set.

I bought for mum AND dad. they have quite a modern house so I bought this ornament thingy. Its a bit like a clay like model (sort of thing a kiddy will do) and it is of a man and woman, holding each other, whilst at the same time the man is holding a new born baby. Its modern art, the heads have no faces and it is in a beigey. browny colour. Sounds a bit naff again, but its really nice. And it is called......'A New Life'
Old Mar 31st 2006, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
All ready to go tommorrow with my gifts all wrapped.

Bottle of white wine, (not for me as I hate the stuff, just being polite!!!!)

A beautiful picture frame for bubbs, 5 frames in one somehow.....abstracty...if you get my jist, with 'My First year' engraved accros the top. Sounds a bit naff but honestly its nice. Also a 6 piece baby outfit set.

I bought for mum AND dad. they have quite a modern house so I bought this ornament thingy. Its a bit like a clay like model (sort of thing a kiddy will do) and it is of a man and woman, holding each other, whilst at the same time the man is holding a new born baby. Its modern art, the heads have no faces and it is in a beigey. browny colour. Sounds a bit naff again, but its really nice. And it is called......'A New Life'
Ooh I know the ornament you mean, they sell them here they're really lovely, I bought my friend the New Life one too - they do loads of different types. Are they called Willow or something? I don't like ornaments but I have a real soft spot for those and I'd love one!

The presents sound lovely, have a nice time