Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What did you take from the kitchen

What did you take from the kitchen

Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Traceykin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What did you take from the kitchen

Hi, 8 weeks to go and trying to organise what to take. What can I take from the kitchen? Was going to take cutlery, glasses, ceramics, pots etc but not sure about a box of cleaning liquids ie detox, soap ect, Washing and dishwasher powder and general medicine (tablets asprin, paracetamol etc and liquids gaviscon, piriton etc and creams savlon etc)

Thanks Tracey
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:17 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you take from the kitchen

You know, I read the title of this thread and two words popped into my head.

"The knife."

Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:54 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

No?

What about "all the cake and most of the Maltesers"?
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Traceykin View Post
Hi, 8 weeks to go and trying to organise what to take. What can I take from the kitchen? Was going to take cutlery, glasses, ceramics, pots etc but not sure about a box of cleaning liquids ie detox, soap ect, Washing and dishwasher powder and general medicine (tablets asprin, paracetamol etc and liquids gaviscon, piriton etc and creams savlon etc)

Thanks Tracey
No idea what detox is but if you've got unopened boxes of washing powder and stuff then you may as well. Shove them in the washing machine drum. I wouldn't bother with open stuff, give them to friends and neighbours. The meds I probably wouldn't bother with, I mean how much do you have? Stick them in your suitcase if you really want to bring them but you'll probably have to declare on arrival but opened gaviscon etc I wouldn't bother. I'd give all that away as well to be honest.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 2:07 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Twiglets.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Moneypenny, Hubby said someone took loads of cleaning stuff over in the container hence the question but I will bin it all and just take my meds I need in the suitcase.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brissybee View Post
You know, I read the title of this thread and two words popped into my head.

"The knife."

lol, you need to get out more ...
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:44 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

We took quite literally everything, if you have the space in a container just fill it, leave nothing.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

No open stuff, but don't bin usable stuff. You'd be suprised at the cost to replace in bulk.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Chris and Caroline for your posts, I wasn't sure if I could box up the new/unopened stuff for the container if we have enough room and for some time now I have been only buying as and when we need things.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 12:19 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything but the kitchen sink
Old Aug 18th 2012, 5:56 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Traceykin View Post
Thanks Moneypenny, Hubby said someone took loads of cleaning stuff over in the container hence the question but I will bin it all and just take my meds I need in the suitcase.
Ordinary over the counter stuff like Beechams, piriton, Rennies - all that kind of stuff is fine, even if opened. Put it all in the container - I brought a plastic crate full of that sort of thing - all costs money to replace. I also brought all the bubble bath, shower gel, shampoo stuff, again in a blastic crate, in case it leaked. When you're starting from scratch every little bit of cash saved helps, so if you've got room, bring it
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Ordinary over the counter stuff like Beechams, piriton, Rennies - all that kind of stuff is fine, even if opened. Put it all in the container - I brought a plastic crate full of that sort of thing - all costs money to replace. I also brought all the bubble bath, shower gel, shampoo stuff, again in a blastic crate, in case it leaked. When you're starting from scratch every little bit of cash saved helps, so if you've got room, bring it
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Net curtains?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee View Post
No?

Like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.