Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What did you do before you left for Oz?

Wikiposts

What did you do before you left for Oz?

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:05 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you do before you left for Oz?

I just shagged all my old mates wives and buggered off from Manchester the last time. The time before I did the same but flew from Heathrow
If I do it again it will be flying from Edinburgh since Ive got married mates up that way too
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I just shagged all my old mates wives and buggered off from Manchester the last time. The time before I did the same but flew from Heathrow
If I do it again it will be flying from Edinburgh since Ive got married mates up that way too

PMSL I wonder how many of your friends have been to visit you lol
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:48 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
PMSL I wonder how many of your friends have been to visit you lol
Dont have any gay friends
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:45 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by possoms
so many places I wanted to revisit but we cant afford it, went to Prague for the weekend, up to scotland and to cornwall. Last year I just had this desire to go and see everything again before its too late now I just want to go Would like to have gone to Ireland again.
When did you visit Kernow?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:49 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I just shagged all my old mates and buggered off from Manchester the last time. The time before I did the same but flew from Heathrow
If I do it again it will be flying from Edinburgh since Ive got gorgeous mates up that way too
:scared:
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
:scared:

Thats how i read it but when questioned he said he had no gay mates
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:11 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I was supposed to be going to Barbados on Feb 2nd, but the hotel have overbooked and I cant get any other time off work until end March (by which time I hope to have left UK anyway), so that's all gone tits up...I had to canx the flights yesterday. GUTTED. Im going to visit old friends, go back to my old school one last time, down to Devon to visit husbands grandparents. Might call in at my wicked sister in laws en route to LHR to post a turd or something equally odious through her letterbox. We have tickets to see Coldplay in Adelaide in July and we CANT WAIT.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lucyb
Well I was supposed to be going to Barbados on Feb 2nd, but the hotel have overbooked and I cant get any other time off work until end March (by which time I hope to have left UK anyway), so that's all gone tits up...I had to canx the flights yesterday. GUTTED. Im going to visit old friends, go back to my old school one last time, down to Devon to visit husbands grandparents. Might call in at my wicked sister in laws en route to LHR to post a turd or something equally odious through her letterbox. We have tickets to see Coldplay in Adelaide in July and we CANT WAIT.

Awwwww seeing coldplay would be great. Im loving the "post a turd idea"
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:24 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what we did.
I posted this a few months ago...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=12
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scossie
Here's what we did.
I posted this a few months ago...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=12

That sounds great Scossie. We will be up in Scotland a few times before we leave for Oz as we have a couple of family weddings. The furthest i had planned was Aberdeen, Union street but might consider driving further up. It sounds lovely.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:53 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
When did you visit Kernow?
last spring, went down to st ives for a week
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:50 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angel17796
I was just wondering if anyone did any special stuff before they left, or if you are planning anything? So far im thinking about T in the park in the summer and Darren is planning to go and see Rangers play in Valencia in March. Did you have weekends away with friends or family or go to see any concerts? I just want to try and do something special before we leave and im looking for inspiration

Before we left we did the Europe thing. All these big famous historic cities are so nearby in the UK we take them for granted. Once we got to Oz I really couldn't be arsed flying all the way back for a 'romantic'/jetlagged weekend in Paris.

But because we are tightarsed, we only travelled to places that had easyjet or scotrail offers. So the list is a bit bizarre:

London
Vienna
Nice
Amsterdam
York
Paris
Bristol
Aviemore
Dublin

Not necessarily in that order. I can't remember. But it was good to see the places. Oh, the complete lack of german places is cos I used to work in there, so been there, done that, decided I don't like germany or germans.

ADL

Last edited by A dogs life; Jan 13th 2006 at 7:52 pm.