Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What did you buy at Aldi this week?

What did you buy at Aldi this week?

Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you buy at Aldi this week?

I bought a pack of Bassets sweets for the kids yesterday with sherbet fountains, butterkist, dib dabs and things
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:54 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
I bought a pack of Bassets sweets for the kids yesterday with sherbet fountains, butterkist, dib dabs and things
Butterkist???????? Sigh.................
Old Jun 9th 2010, 6:04 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

a packet of cheese n onion flavour union jack ribbed condoms.Don't seem the same as the one's I used to get in the UK though
Old Jun 9th 2010, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet View Post
a packet of cheese n onion flavour union jack ribbed condoms.Don't seem the same as the one's I used to get in the UK though
I wouldnt have posted that if I were you

Flavour upset you did it
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Now the oul computer thingy they have next week - my sis bought one the last time they were in and it's really good - no problems with it, the screen is massive. She had 2 Dells in a row, one a couple of years old which died, the second gave nothing but trouble from 'out of the box', lost tons of stuff she'd loaded onto it. So that's a to the 'puter *

*Don't blame me if it breaks down
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya View Post
Butterkist???????? Sigh.................
Bought for the kids eaten by me one pack anyhow....
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Bought some hobnobs today - they had heaps left, not as nice as I remembered them! My taste buds have obviously changed.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by curly View Post
Bought some hobnobs today - they had heaps left, not as nice as I remembered them! My taste buds have obviously changed.
I bought choc hobnobs too Lots of junk from Aldi yesterday....

Healthy diet
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni View Post
I eat rice a few times a week and I like a decent amount...so I'll stick to buying it dried and being patient lol
I like the fact it's already made to taste nice and all I have to do is chuck in the bacon, sultanas and pineapple and meal made.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or does the sherbert taste a bit soapy?

I was Mr Feckless today.

Pulled into the diabled spot, in torrential rain, locked the sprogs in the car - rare event in itself.

Got a selection of stuff - the bag of Barratt lollies. I paid cash - and raced home.

The girls divided the spoils and I confess to getting involved in the arguments that resulted. I also got some which I have cached out of sight.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack View Post

I was Mr Feckless today.

Pulled into the diabled spot, in torrential rain, locked the sprogs in the car - rare event in itself.

Got a selection of stuff - the bag of Barratt lollies. I paid cash - and raced home.

The girls divided the spoils and I confess to getting involved in the arguments that resulted. I also got some which I have cached out of sight.
When did you lick him?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:53 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Deb & I both thought that. Also there was no hole through the middle of the liquorice to suck the sherbet through! Don't even get me started on the new fangled plastic packaging you can't make a bloody pirate telescope anymore.
Oi bring back the toilet roll tube & the hole Barratts now
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann View Post
I like the fact it's already made to taste nice and all I have to do is chuck in the bacon, sultanas and pineapple and meal made.
lol I'll let u off then lol
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57 View Post
Yes, Deb & I both thought that. Also there was no hole through the middle of the liquorice to suck the sherbet through! Don't even get me started on the new fangled plastic packaging you can't make a bloody pirate telescope anymore.
Oi bring back the toilet roll tube & the hole Barratts now
The hole allowed you to breathe with a full mouth of powder. Yes, the twist top was a bit of a novelty and had me foxed briefly. I think I might have outed my tastebuds in their first whinging Pom outing! First offence - with mitigating circumstances M'Lud.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:30 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

The hole allowed you to breathe with a full mouth of powder. Yes, the twist top was a bit of a novelty and had me foxed briefly. I think I might have outed my tastebuds in their first whinging Pom outing! First offence - with mitigating circumstances M'Lud.
Lol mitigating circumstances as in we're not 7 any more
I found them a wee bit of an anticlimax. Speaking to my daughter they did away with the hole through the middle years ago lol Now if they do another next year, I can wait, just as long as they do Frys Chocolate Creme or Walnut Whips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.