Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What a crappy weekend ...

Wikiposts

What a crappy weekend ...

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:50 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a crappy weekend ...

i've just had
The combi boiler packed up and refused to give me any hot water.
The main sewerage drain that services all the houses in my street has just blocked up and is about to spew all its (not very pleasant contents) all over my garden
Ohhh and my PC blew up
All this happened in one day.

sometimes life is a bit shite :scared:

regards,Lee
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a crappy weekend ...

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
i've just had
The combi boiler packed up and refused to give me any hot water.
The main sewerage drain that services all the houses in my street has just blocked up and is about to spew all its (not very pleasant contents) all over my garden
Ohhh and my PC blew up
All this happened in one day.

sometimes life is a bit shite :scared:

regards,Lee

sounds like my day
5 yr old re decorated the inside of the car .................with the contents of his stomach
freezer decided to pack up
& still got a pile of ironing to do
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

No, this is good. Bad things come in threes and you've got yours over with in one day!
Crack open a beer and celebrate your good fortune.

Huzzah!

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Our cold water storage tank in the loft sprung a leak and puddled all over the floor in the loft while we were on holiday recently. It then broke through and soaked the stair carpet. There is now a hole in the landing ceiling, just what we don't want when we're trying to sell the house! Bad things happen to us all, especially when our houses are on the market. I predict that our drains will be next, for some reason they're always blocking up. We think it's the head of the previous owner who disappeared, allegedly to Sweden but we think his psycho wife did him in.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
Our cold water storage tank in the loft sprung a leak and puddled all over the floor in the loft while we were on holiday recently. It then broke through and soaked the stair carpet. There is now a hole in the landing ceiling, just what we don't want when we're trying to sell the house! Bad things happen to us all, especially when our houses are on the market. I predict that our drains will be next, for some reason they're always blocking up. We think it's the head of the previous owner who disappeared, allegedly to Sweden but we think his psycho wife did him in.
Yeah, a skull in the drain really blocks things up. Try a bit of caustic soda... that should shift him.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:46 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Things are looking better !
New pc is up and running
combi is now cooking water ok
severn trent have just phoned up and said the're going to sort out the drain today
as meatloaf once said "2 out of three ain't bad"
i'm feeling that lucky i might even get some sex tonight (ok ok i'm really pushing my luck on this one but when your on a roll ..... !!! )

regards,Lee
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:52 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Things are looking better !
New pc is up and running
combi is now cooking water ok
severn trent have just phoned up and said the're going to sort out the drain today
as meatloaf once said "2 out of three ain't bad"
i'm feeling that lucky i might even get some sex tonight (ok ok i'm really pushing my luck on this one but when your on a roll ..... !!! )

regards,Lee
reading this thread put me in mind of the old monty python sketch
just waiting for some one to say

you lucking bastard
i`ve had to .............................
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:34 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ah ... the great 'white goods suicide' pact - happens to most soon to be migrants...all the white goods you have had for ages and seem to be working ok so you plan to take them - or - you arent taking anything and fingers crossed they all live long enough to see you out the country. No such luck ... they know y'know ... how to make you fork out even more money in replacement white goods - even though youve already paid thousands to migrate, you end up paying out even more!!!
the sewers were just playing up to really piss you off - them and the white goods were all having a good laugh at you just for spite

sorry, waffled a bit there - im not drunk honest!! ... but you get the gist of it?
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:44 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
ah ... the great 'white goods suicide' pact - happens to most soon to be migrants...all the white goods you have had for ages and seem to be working ok so you plan to take them - or - you arent taking anything and fingers crossed they all live long enough to see you out the country. No such luck ... they know y'know ... how to make you fork out even more money in replacement white goods - even though youve already paid thousands to migrate, you end up paying out even more!!!
the sewers were just playing up to really piss you off - them and the white goods were all having a good laugh at you just for spite

sorry, waffled a bit there - im not drunk honest!! ... but you get the gist of it?
I think i know exactly what you mean

regards,Lee
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

Yep - just after we decided we were definitely going and put the house on the market, the washing machine we'd had for 15 years packed up and died. The fridge is just as old but still hanging in there - don't want to have to replace that because we want to get a really big one when we get to Oz and a big one won't fit in our kitchen. Always seems to be water related things with us.