Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What car should I buy? What others am I missing?

Wikiposts

What car should I buy? What others am I missing?

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:04 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What car should I buy? What others am I missing?

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Chocolate: I've just been on a mega diet and chocolate is the enemy. I guess it would keep my diet coke cool though!
Well that's why you now look like you do and my naturopath is trying to ban me from eating chocolate
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily I've never been that into chocolate.

What continues to amaze me is my lack of interest in booze........
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

- Like the idea of an SUV, but I'd prefer to get something a bit greener/less heavy on fuel.
Buy a second hand one then, far greener than making a new one and get it on gas.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 4:37 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Our Golf has one too. Great for keeping my emergency chocolate in (because lack of chocolate can be an emergency).
Yeah and it won't look so bad if it melts in there, melted choc on the passenger seat looks a bit like you've had an accident!
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

In no particular order:

- Already go Oz car seat we use on holiday, but I need to research boosters etc as he turns 4 shortly after we arrive.

- We're going to see how we go with one car as husband will be getting train into Perth for work. Car will be primarily for running round locally, but ideally comfortable enough for weekends away.

- Like the idea of an SUV, but I'd prefer to get something a bit greener/less heavy on fuel.

- Chocolate: I've just been on a mega diet and chocolate is the enemy. I guess it would keep my diet coke cool though!

- Why no car brokers? I'd heard they can save you money (and certainly hassle).
well...ultimately i would just feel that a car broker is only in the game to try and make some money on you...its not much hassle to really buy a car off your own back...sure it would be lovely to have a car here waiting for you put you will probably pay a premium for that..only my opinion of course, maybe others on here have used a broker and found them the best way forward.