What breed of dog?

Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What breed of dog?

Originally Posted by annqldau
This is turning into the boxer thread...

Well dare I say I'm not a boxer fan, don't like the squashed noses, if I was to get another dog other than our present Border Terrier I'd be getting an Italian Spinone like boxers intelligently thick and never quite grow up.
sounds abit like great danes then..
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I have to jump on the Boxer Bandwagon.

I also wanted another lab, after having 2 black labs previously. But there was none at the pound, so we took the boxer instead, and so glad we did.

All my friends and family are in love with him too - he's dead sociable with both people, dogs and kids.

J.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Sorry, I have to jump on the Boxer Bandwagon.

I also wanted another lab, after having 2 black labs previously. But there was none at the pound, so we took the boxer instead, and so glad we did.

All my friends and family are in love with him too - he's dead sociable with both people, dogs and kids.

J.
Greyhound definately. They are 40 mile an hour couch potatoes. 10 mins running and they sleep for hours. I have a greyhound x and I foster a greyhound pup and they are the biggest, laziest, softies going, and they dont shed much fur and are good for allergies and the best pets, not aggression.

Jo
Attached Thumbnails What breed of dog?-snoop6.jpg   What breed of dog?-snoop8.jpg   What breed of dog?-snoop3.jpg   What breed of dog?-snoop7.jpg   What breed of dog?-snoop9.jpg  

Last edited by joho; Apr 30th 2007 at 11:37 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joho
Greyhound definately. They are 40 mile an hour couch potatoes. 10 mins running and they sleep for hours. I have a greyhound x and I foster a greyhound pup and they are the biggest, laziest, softies going, and they dont shed much fur and are good for allergies and the best pets, not aggression.

Jo
I love greyhounds too, although don't have one here. However, I have known an aggressive one (ex racer - which may well have been a contributory factor and it was only against one person, he's fine with everyone else). On the whole though, they are amongst the softest, laid back dogs I've ever had the pleasure of meeting - I always give my friend's dogs a cuddle when I visit Everyone I know that has greyhounds would not hesitate to recommend them as a breed.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:40 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho

Jo
I would love to adopt a greyhound but unfortunately my dog won't have another dog in the house.

lets face it - if you're a dog lover any dog will make you happy
(I still love staffies best though)

Last edited by Kapri; Apr 30th 2007 at 8:41 pm. Reason: drunk in charge of a keyboard
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:40 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dottyspots
I love greyhounds too, although don't have one here. However, I have known an aggressive one (ex racer - which may well have been a contributory factor and it was only against one person, he's fine with everyone else). On the whole though, they are amongst the softest, laid back dogs I've ever had the pleasure of meeting - I always give my friend's dogs a cuddle when I visit Everyone I know that has greyhounds would not hesitate to recommend them as a breed.
If he was only aggressive against one person there may have been a reason like sly kick out of sight of others or something he sensed as dogs are very intuitive.

It's very unlike a greyhound to be aggressive at all unless you are a cat.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

If he was only aggressive against one person there may have been a reason like sly kick out of sight of others or something he sensed as dogs are very intuitive.

I very much doubt it as I know the person he is aggressive to (she's one of my closest friends), he is her husband's dog and one of a pair of dogs (the other dog, also a greyhound, is really sweet and she loves her very much). It is possibly a jealousy problem (to do with her oh).
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:51 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Or a toy rabbit
Old May 1st 2007, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by dottyspots
I very much doubt it as I know the person he is aggressive to (she's one of my closest friends), he is her husband's dog and one of a pair of dogs (the other dog, also a greyhound, is really sweet and she loves her very much). It is possibly a jealousy problem (to do with her oh).
Yes maybe she has a rabbit... ...could be jealousy but could be just crazy mixed up greyhound.
Old May 1st 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

I have 2 Hungarian Vizslas (guns dogs) they are like a weimeraner but paint them red like an Irish Setter. They have to be the best dogs I have ever owned. They are known as the versatile vizsla and that they are! They love to do anything and everything, such a pleasure to own.....
Old May 1st 2007, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Gibson
I have 2 Hungarian Vizslas (guns dogs) they are like a weimeraner but paint them red like an Irish Setter. They have to be the best dogs I have ever owned. They are known as the versatile vizsla and that they are! They love to do anything and everything, such a pleasure to own.....
Are they calmer than Weimeraners as they tend to be nuts? I remain tempted towards another gun dog. What's the life expectancy and health problems for that breed?

Do you have dogs or bitches? Cracked and got a dog this time as that's what the men of the family wanted but think I prefer bitches really.
Old May 1st 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Are they calmer than Weimeraners as they tend to be nuts? I remain tempted towards another gun dog. What's the life expectancy and health problems for that breed?

Do you have dogs or bitches? Cracked and got a dog this time as that's what the men of the family wanted but think I prefer bitches really.
Nothing like weim, we have had 2 over the years and should have learnt our lesson first time! I have a 3 yeard old bitch and a 2 year old boy. No known health problems. Life expectancy up to about 14 I think. They are perfect in every way!!!!
Old May 1st 2007, 8:22 am

Nothing like weim, we have had 2 over the years and should have learnt our lesson first time! I have a 3 yeard old bitch and a 2 year old boy. No known health problems. Life expectancy up to about 14 I think. They are perfect in every way!!!!
They look cool but would feel guilty not getting a spinone.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:49 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

er hem Jane- my boxer Bella is puuuurrrrrfect actually lol!!!
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yvsie
er hem Jane- my boxer Bella is puuuurrrrrfect actually lol!!!
ok well that makes three of em then!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.