Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What av I done (email)

Wikiposts

What av I done (email)

Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:54 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Question What av I done (email)

Im rubbish with computers but I just cleared up my desktop (full of clutter)
went to check emails through blueyonder all have disapeared they are all in outlook express !!

How do I get them back to blueyonder!!

Maybe I could try vodka

Kris xx
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What av I done (email)

Originally Posted by kris maynard
went to check emails through blueyonder all have disapeared they are all in outlook express !!

Maybe I could try vodka

Kris xx

Don't use the vodka

If all else fails you'll need to drink it
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:55 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I could try vodka

Kris xx
Maybe it's a virus...:scared:
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:56 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I could try vodka

Kris xx
Hi.

It is possible to use an email package like Thunderbird (from Mozilla) which will automatically import email settings and content from another email package.

However, I'm not sure that this will help you as I don't really have enough information to go on?

Hope this helps?
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:56 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Don't use the vodka

If all else fails you'll need to drink it

As if id waste good Vodka or any vodka come to think of it!!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

As if id waste good Vodka or any vodka come to think of it!!

Phew, you had me worried for a minute.....
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:00 am
Happy Member

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi.

It is possible to use an email package like Thunderbird (from Mozilla) which will automatically import email settings and content from another email package.

However, I'm not sure that this will help you as I don't really have enough information to go on?

Hope this helps?

All the emails from my blueyonder box were in the outlook express folder , I had just downloaded Adobe Why do I touch things i dont understand!!

I also sent myself an email to test and that went to outlook not blueyonder!!

Shit ive just confused myself so if any one understands that they are deffo on the vodka!!

Kris x
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:01 am
Happy Member

Originally Posted by skywalker
Maybe it's a virus...:scared:

right i will run a system scan! that makes me sound technical

Kris x
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:02 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

All the emails from my blueyonder box were in the outlook express folder , I had just downloaded Adobe Why do I touch things i dont understand!!

I also sent myself an email to test and that went to outlook not blueyonder!!

Shit ive just confused myself so if any one understands that they are deffo on the vodka!!

Kris x
Right, I think these are probably the best steps to take.

(1) Power down the PC.
(2) Disconnect the keyboard, screen and mouse.
(3) Put the screen in it's original box.
(4) Put the main unit in it's original box with all of the bits and bobs.
(5) Send it back to the place you bought it from and ask for a refund.

Life will get much easier for you after you do this.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:04 am
Happy Member

Originally Posted by WendyC
Phew, you had me worried for a minute.....

Never fear the Vodka is near!!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:16 am
Happy Member

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Right, I think these are probably the best steps to take.

(1) Power down the PC.
(2) Disconnect the keyboard, screen and mouse.
(3) Put the screen in it's original box.
(4) Put the main unit in it's original box with all of the bits and bobs.
(5) Send it back to the place you bought it from and ask for a refund.

Life will get much easier for you after you do this.

Great idea except I chucked the boxes

Kris xx
Old Feb 14th 2006, 6:18 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Kris xx
Hi Kris,
Do you mean that you are now useing blueyonder webmail service rather than outlook?? I think what you may have done is used webmail and transfered all your mail across from outlook?? If you have it's not a problem as you can still use outlook and also you'll be able to keep your webmail account open so you can get to your mail on any pc anywhere in the world.
Does this sound about right?? I'm by no means an expert on pc's but I did exactly the same recently by mistake!! It's good to have both accounts as sometimes outlook will not open etc so you can still get to your email through webmail via link on blueyonder home page,Hope this helps.
Failing that large amounts of cold Guinness and a mallet will do the trick!!
Atb
Old Feb 14th 2006, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Kris xx
Go to the recycle bin and choose restore all items.
Failing that start drinking the vodka, higher the prrof the better.

Good Luck Kris
Ali x