British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   what is it with aussie girls lack of humour? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/what-aussie-girls-lack-humour-521452/)

cockney pommy Mar 13th 2008 3:36 pm

what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

i've noticed something about the aussie girls(at least in sydney), they seem to have a useless sense of humour, so many things go over their heads and they r also so very easy to offend over something silly. they never seem to laugh at themselves and they can't tolerate sarcastic humour.i'm not alone with this view because i know a lot of fellow brits both here and in the uk including a lot of females, that have said the same thing.the only exception seems to be the ones who r over 35, but even then it's very lacking in comparison to uk girls. might this have anything to do with the western suburbs?(sydney)

marcpiano Mar 13th 2008 3:58 pm

Re: what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

I try and joke with a lot of locals on the doors, and in many cases it goes over their heads too. Even the backpackers get my sarcasm!

Vash the Stampede Mar 13th 2008 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by cockney pommy (Post 6058185)
might this have anything to do with the western suburbs?(sydney)

To be honest, if you lived in the western suburbs of Sydney, it wouldn't be long until you didn't have much of a sense of humour either.

There's not much to laugh about over there.

fin Mar 13th 2008 5:31 pm

Don't put us all into the same catagory thanks!

Bit like saying Cockneys are all Market traders and speak rhyming slang :p

Vash the Stampede Mar 13th 2008 5:49 pm

:p

ianbrown Mar 13th 2008 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by fin (Post 6058581)
Don't put us all into the same catagory thanks!

Bit like saying Cockneys are all Market traders and speak rhyming slang :p

Do you mean that some of them dont me ole fruit? :confused::confused:

Is that the same as saying all scousers are decent hard working honest fellows? :rofl:

Vash the Stampede Mar 13th 2008 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by babyboo2101 (Post 6058657)
Do you mean that some of them dont me ole fruit? :confused::confused:

Is that the same as saying all scousers are decent hard working honest fellows? :rofl:

"Awright, awright, calm down, calm down!"

ianbrown Mar 13th 2008 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede (Post 6058670)
"Awright, awright, calm down, calm down!"

A.........A..............A.................A...... ..........A..............A...........ARD'DITE, ARD,DITE..........CHHHHHH(PHLEGME)AAAAALM DOWN!!!

Vash the Stampede Mar 13th 2008 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by babyboo2101 (Post 6058685)
A.........A..............A.................A...... ..........A..............A...........ARD'DITE, ARD,DITE..........CHHHHHH(PHLEGME)AAAAALM DOWN!!!

Ah yes, that's how it's done. :blink:

Being an Aussie, I couldn't quite get the accent.

:)

gerry Mar 13th 2008 6:59 pm

shell suits and curly wigs at the ready:D:D:D

martinw01908 Mar 13th 2008 7:45 pm

I think Aussie girls have a GSOH. Its just different to the London sense of humour which only really works in the UK. You'd find that anywhere else eg the USA also. They probably find your jokes strange themselves. I'm not a fan of the UK sense of humour, especially from Southerners and I am one myself!

Perhaps you'd better start intregrating a bit more to speak the local humour lingo.

Vash the Stampede Mar 13th 2008 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by martinw01908 (Post 6059144)
Perhaps you'd better start intregrating a bit more to speak the local humour lingo.

Yes, the last thing we want is a bunch of cockney ghettoes.

:blink:

jad n rich Mar 13th 2008 9:10 pm

Some have a great sense of humour, one of the sheilas :blink: :D at work is a rough old diamond, shes joined some internet dating site, anyway we hear daily of the of the barefooted, beerbellied, bald yobs sending her 'kisses' .

So shes having a rant yesterday, and quite seriously ( do this with broad aussie twang :blink: ) says "WTF is wrong with these Blokes, look at me I've got so much CLASS if they wanna date me they need to wipe my ASS.

:rofl::rofl:

fin Mar 13th 2008 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 6059632)
Some have a great sense of humour, one of the sheilas :blink: :D at work is a rough old diamond, shes joined some internet dating site, anyway we hear daily of the of the barefooted, beerbellied, bald yobs sending her 'kisses' .

So shes having a rant yesterday, and quite seriously ( do this with broad aussie twang :blink: ) says "WTF is wrong with these Blokes, look at me I've got so much CLASS if they wanna date me they need to wipe my ASS.

:rofl::rofl:

and to do that you'd pronounce ASS with an R in it :thumbsup:

ozzieeagle Mar 13th 2008 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by cockney pommy (Post 6058185)
i've noticed something about the aussie girls(at least in sydney), they seem to have a useless sense of humour, so many things go over their heads and they r also so very easy to offend over something silly. they never seem to laugh at themselves and they can't tolerate sarcastic humour.i'm not alone with this view because i know a lot of fellow brits both here and in the uk including a lot of females, that have said the same thing.the only exception seems to be the ones who r over 35, but even then it's very lacking in comparison to uk girls. might this have anything to do with the western suburbs?(sydney)

Totally disagree mate.

Depends on how you base the humour, I'd say you have to be here a while to work out what makes people tick.

They get my Sarf london slant thats for sure.