Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future
Default what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

i've noticed something about the aussie girls(at least in sydney), they seem to have a useless sense of humour, so many things go over their heads and they r also so very easy to offend over something silly. they never seem to laugh at themselves and they can't tolerate sarcastic humour.i'm not alone with this view because i know a lot of fellow brits both here and in the uk including a lot of females, that have said the same thing.the only exception seems to be the ones who r over 35, but even then it's very lacking in comparison to uk girls. might this have anything to do with the western suburbs?(sydney)
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all
Default Re: what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

I try and joke with a lot of locals on the doors, and in many cases it goes over their heads too. Even the backpackers get my sarcasm!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:30 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

Originally Posted by cockney pommy
might this have anything to do with the western suburbs?(sydney)
To be honest, if you lived in the western suburbs of Sydney, it wouldn't be long until you didn't have much of a sense of humour either.

There's not much to laugh about over there.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:31 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Don't put us all into the same catagory thanks!

Bit like saying Cockneys are all Market traders and speak rhyming slang
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:49 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fin
Don't put us all into the same catagory thanks!

Bit like saying Cockneys are all Market traders and speak rhyming slang

Do you mean that some of them dont me ole fruit?

Is that the same as saying all scousers are decent hard working honest fellows?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Wink Re: what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Do you mean that some of them dont me ole fruit?

Is that the same as saying all scousers are decent hard working honest fellows?
"Awright, awright, calm down, calm down!"

Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
"Awright, awright, calm down, calm down!"

A.........A..............A.................A...... ..........A..............A...........ARD'DITE, ARD,DITE..........CHHHHHH(PHLEGME)AAAAALM DOWN!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
A.........A..............A.................A...... ..........A..............A...........ARD'DITE, ARD,DITE..........CHHHHHH(PHLEGME)AAAAALM DOWN!!!
Ah yes, that's how it's done.

Being an Aussie, I couldn't quite get the accent.

Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

shell suits and curly wigs at the ready
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

I think Aussie girls have a GSOH. Its just different to the London sense of humour which only really works in the UK. You'd find that anywhere else eg the USA also. They probably find your jokes strange themselves. I'm not a fan of the UK sense of humour, especially from Southerners and I am one myself!

Perhaps you'd better start intregrating a bit more to speak the local humour lingo.

Last edited by martinw01908; Mar 13th 2008 at 7:47 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Red face Re: what is it with aussie girls lack of humour?

Originally Posted by martinw01908
Perhaps you'd better start intregrating a bit more to speak the local humour lingo.
Yes, the last thing we want is a bunch of cockney ghettoes.

Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Some have a great sense of humour, one of the sheilas at work is a rough old diamond, shes joined some internet dating site, anyway we hear daily of the of the barefooted, beerbellied, bald yobs sending her 'kisses' .

So shes having a rant yesterday, and quite seriously ( do this with broad aussie twang ) says "WTF is wrong with these Blokes, look at me I've got so much CLASS if they wanna date me they need to wipe my ASS.

Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:25 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Some have a great sense of humour, one of the sheilas at work is a rough old diamond, shes joined some internet dating site, anyway we hear daily of the of the barefooted, beerbellied, bald yobs sending her 'kisses' .

So shes having a rant yesterday, and quite seriously ( do this with broad aussie twang ) says "WTF is wrong with these Blokes, look at me I've got so much CLASS if they wanna date me they need to wipe my ASS.

and to do that you'd pronounce ASS with an R in it
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cockney pommy
i've noticed something about the aussie girls(at least in sydney), they seem to have a useless sense of humour, so many things go over their heads and they r also so very easy to offend over something silly. they never seem to laugh at themselves and they can't tolerate sarcastic humour.i'm not alone with this view because i know a lot of fellow brits both here and in the uk including a lot of females, that have said the same thing.the only exception seems to be the ones who r over 35, but even then it's very lacking in comparison to uk girls. might this have anything to do with the western suburbs?(sydney)

Totally disagree mate.

Depends on how you base the humour, I'd say you have to be here a while to work out what makes people tick.

They get my Sarf london slant thats for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.