Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

what age did you marry

what age did you marry

Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:12 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what age did you marry

Following on from flea's post about the tacky wedding of a 16 year old.

how old were you all when you tied the knot?

I was 24.

Last edited by kez81; Nov 24th 2008 at 3:14 am.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:13 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what age did you marry

Which wedding?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:15 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

the thread below "for all you with daughters" have a look it will give you a laugh.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
the thread below "for all you with daughters" have a look it will give you a laugh.
I think she means first or second time.

Me, first time I was 24 he was 27.
Second time I was 31 he was 27.
Next time I plan to be 50ish while he's in his late 80's or early 90's; no kids, large bank account.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:06 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

1st time - two months short of 27. Old enough to have known better. He was same.

2nd time - had to think about that 39. He was 29. Yay me.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:07 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Next time I plan to be 50ish while he's in his late 80's or early 90's; no kids, large bank account.
Nice plan, Dorothy.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Nice plan, Dorothy.

1st - I was 22ish & she 23ish
2nd - both 33

Much better 2nd time round
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy

As for me, I was 18 and Sparky hub was 21.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I was 30, he was 23
Still together 15 years later... though I did dream about wanting to sleep with Boris Johnson the other night And last night I was going on a date with George Clooney (don't even fancy him)..
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:37 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I married Sam when i was 32.... my first and last marriage might i add !!

Sam married 1st hubby when she was 21, then married me when she was 36, says she got it right this time
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Me 34, she 35 in 2000, although we've been together a lot longer, fifteen years now.

First time for both of us.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Both 24 and still together after 35 years.

When I got married 24 was incredibly ancient and I was virtually on the shelf!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:17 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:18 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
When I got married 24 was incredibly ancient and I was virtually on the shelf!
That made me chuckle. With hindsight I got married the first time because it was next on the list after the engagement and the house purchase. I'd made plans to leave him when I was about 24 (having lived together since 21) but all our friends were coupled-up and I was afraid of being alone.

Woke up and got wise within the year, bought my own place and left him a couple of months after the first anniversary.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
You or your OH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.