Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Were Your BE Buddies What You Thought....

Wikiposts

Were Your BE Buddies What You Thought....

Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:05 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Were Your BE Buddies What You Thought....

How many of you have already had meets with other BE folks either in the UK or abroad? Did you have an idea of what certain members would look like/be like and then find that image to be completely wrong?

Crap thread, yes - I'm trying to find reasons to avoid doing the ironing!!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:06 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Were Your BE Buddies What You Thought....

Originally Posted by herrchook
How many of you have already had meets with other BE folks either in the UK or abroad? Did you have an idea of what certain members would look like/be like and then find that image to be completely wrong?

Iron dear, iron! You will find out soon enough at the lassies day oot!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:08 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Iron dear, iron! You will find out soon enough at the lassies day oot!

Cheers

Ginny
Hehe, yup sure will, but I still don't want to do the ironing Ginny.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:15 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, yup sure will, but I still don't want to do the ironing Ginny.

I don't know what I expected at our first meet. I took my sister along for moral support but needn't have bothered. Everyone was really friendly. I wish I had taken photos then but hey that's the way it goes. This time will definately take some.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:17 am
Sunny Sydney

I don't know what I expected at our first meet. I took my sister along for moral support but needn't have bothered. Everyone was really friendly. I wish I had taken photos then but hey that's the way it goes. This time will definately take some.

Cheers

Ginny
I might bring my camera too, although please don't let me take any photos if I start drinking red wine!!!!It could be dangerous
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:30 am
Ok this isn't so bad

I might bring my camera too, although please don't let me take any photos if I start drinking red wine!!!!It could be dangerous
Me you and Margaret will just need to get a bottle of red and three straws......!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:31 am
Sunny Sydney

Me you and Margaret will just need to get a bottle of red and three straws......!

Cheers

Ginny
Now that's a photo I WOULD like to see
Old Jan 14th 2006, 3:13 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Cheers

Ginny

Your kidding, i'm not sharing with anyone
Old Jan 14th 2006, 3:17 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

I do actually get a bit worried about the above, as I dont think I come across shy on here, coz it really doesn't matter a crap what you say, but I am, HONESTLY quite shit, I mean shy, little typo there and I do take a long time to get to know people before I can think of things to say, unless i'm pissed of course, so will have to get pissed on 28th or will bore the hell out of everyone
Old Jan 14th 2006, 3:56 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I do actually get a bit worried about the above, as I dont think I come across shy on here, coz it really doesn't matter a crap what you say, but I am, HONESTLY quite shit, I mean shy, little typo there and I do take a long time to get to know people before I can think of things to say, unless i'm pissed of course, so will have to get pissed on 28th or will bore the hell out of everyone

hehe, I'm sure that's not true Margaret, but don't worry. I'm a bit nervous meeting you all too, so I'm sure the old vino collapso will be plentiful and get all our tongues wagging!! We've all got plenty in common so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Gill
Old Jan 14th 2006, 4:23 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

lol.....

i went home from the sheffield meet thinking 'i bet they think im a right twit'...however, the folks who attended the sheffield meet were all very lovely, and i felt quite intimidated by them all for some reason!! i felt quite shy too......and tongue tied for most of the afternoon!
id been tidying up and running about after the kids, so went along dressed in scruffy jeans and teeshirt, with my hair scraped back. when i got home and looked in the mirror i nearly died cos i looked so untidy!!!!
it was made easier cos id met debs before (although at the time she was up to her armpits in bright red scotch cast and was thoroughly drunk!!!)

looking forward to meeting up again, and meeting new people
will try not to feel so daft next time.....
Old Jan 14th 2006, 6:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
lol.....

i went home from the sheffield meet thinking 'i bet they think im a right twit'...however, the folks who attended the sheffield meet were all very lovely, and i felt quite intimidated by them all for some reason!! i felt quite shy too......and tongue tied for most of the afternoon!
id been tidying up and running about after the kids, so went along dressed in scruffy jeans and teeshirt, with my hair scraped back. when i got home and looked in the mirror i nearly died cos i looked so untidy!!!!
it was made easier cos id met debs before (although at the time she was up to her armpits in bright red scotch cast and was thoroughly drunk!!!)

looking forward to meeting up again, and meeting new people
will try not to feel so daft next time.....
Ya daft bugger, we thought you were lovely
Old Jan 14th 2006, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Went home from the Manchester meet thinking what a bunch of drunks lol (innit great) no really, they were fantastic and just what I thought they would be.

Had a fantastic afternoon and evening

hugs Lace x

can't wait for the next one.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 9:20 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I don't remember being bored at the last meet! And I think I talked to you for a while!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

LauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really nice

Went along to my first meet up last night and it was brill Was a bit nervous but everyone was so friendly. I do tend to get an imaginary picture in my mind when yakking online to peeps and for some unknown reason imagined many as being brunette when they aren't and vice versa. Was great hearing the variety of accents too

Lookin forward to the next one

Laura

p.s. When you get around to doing your ironing any chance I can add mine to the basket?