We're here

Old Apr 15th 2006, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We're here

Landed this morning into Sydney at 6am local time. Blue skies - found one cloud after close examination.
We're now at MIL's house in the Blue Mountains just getting over the jet lag. Will prob pop to Euroka Clearing tomorrow so the children can see the kangaroos.
Will prob need to see a Real Estate agent soonish for rental but will bore you with that in my blog.

I was so relieved when we got here, I burst into tears. It feels just like coming home.

Two things:

Flying a direct flight with three children was a breeze. We went Singapore, which were superb. Faultless actually. Children aged 3,6 and 9 were cool through the flight. Got to Singapore, had a couple of hours there and then straight on to Sydney this morning.
We took off at 10pm and they slept for a huge amount of the flight. Highly recommend that.

Other thing : When you're clearing out your house for moving here, just hire a skip. We should have done this as so much stuff just went to the tip in the end. Even if you think you prob won't need it, just hire one. Save yourself some pain.

It's been a stressful few weeks, but nothing feels so good as this.

Cheers!

Old Apr 15th 2006, 1:22 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're here

Originally Posted by iPom
Landed this morning into Sydney at 6am local time. Blue skies - found one cloud after close examination.
We're now at MIL's house in the Blue Mountains just getting over the jet lag. Will prob pop to Euroka Clearing tomorrow so the children can see the kangaroos.
Will prob need to see a Real Estate agent soonish for rental but will bore you with that in my blog.

I was so relieved when we got here, I burst into tears. It feels just like coming home.

Two things:

Flying a direct flight with three children was a breeze. We went Singapore, which were superb. Faultless actually. Children aged 3,6 and 9 were cool through the flight. Got to Singapore, had a couple of hours there and then straight on to Sydney this morning.
We took off at 10pm and they slept for a huge amount of the flight. Highly recommend that.

Other thing : When you're clearing out your house for moving here, just hire a skip. We should have done this as so much stuff just went to the tip in the end. Even if you think you prob won't need it, just hire one. Save yourself some pain.

Cheers!

Glad you've arrived safe and sound.
Hope the jetlag doesn't get to you too much
Keep us posted.
Julie. x
Old Apr 15th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

That is one of the best pieces of advice that I have seen on this forum! We should have done that when we were emigrating.

Enjoy the Blue Mountains, iPom (great nickname, by the way), they're about the most awesome sight in New South Wales, I reckon. Beautiful smell of eucalyptus, too (I love the smell of eucalyptus in the morning)!

Good on you;

--paj
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:23 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one mate - glad you've arrived safe and sound. I'd love to hire a skip, but round these parts, in the Cotswolds, every driveway's a 45 degree nightmare! Thus far I have made 37 trips to the skip
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

MIL's house in the Blue Mountains just getting over the jet lag.
glad you had a good trip and that you arrived safely, now just enjoy yourselves after the stress of applying for that visa - enjoy the blue mountains haven't been there for years but really want to take the boys next time we're in Sydney.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:38 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

YAY! Glad you had a nice trip!
We are hopefully flying Singapore Air too in 5/6wks!

Claire xxx

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Apr 15th 2006 at 2:41 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:42 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Glad youve arrived safely. Sit back for a while and chill with a nice cold

Good luck

Joex
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you had a good trip. Hope the jet lag doesn't affect you too much.

I'm VERY jealous

Stay in touch
Old Apr 15th 2006, 3:41 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Nice one mate - glad you've arrived safe and sound. I'd love to hire a skip, but round these parts, in the Cotswolds, every driveway's a 45 degree nightmare! Thus far I have made 37 trips to the skip
Get a Hippo Bag. Its a like a huge Ikea bag, you get them at DIY shops, then ring the number on the side to get it picked up. We live on a terrace street, a skip would cause a huge fuss with the neighbours (tsk tsk taking up a parking space etc... )

Glad you made it safe Ipom, was it as hot as you thought it would be? We are hopefully only 6 weeks behind you. Cant wait
Old Apr 15th 2006, 5:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Get a Hippo Bag. Its a like a huge Ikea bag, you get them at DIY shops, then ring the number on the side to get it picked up.
Lorries can't get up the drive.. and the house is a far old distance (up hill) from the drive...
Old Apr 15th 2006, 6:19 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I am so glad that you made it ok Your flights sounds a breeze!!

I plan on hiring a skip - better make sure, it's ok with landlords!

Old Apr 15th 2006, 6:44 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=iPom]Landed this morning into Sydney at 6am local time. Blue skies - found one cloud after close examination.

QUOTE]

Hi iPom

Glad to hear all is good....such happy memories of Euroka Clearing..pls don't tell me you are going to the Conservation Hut at Wentworth Falls for a large latte next..I just might start crying...!!!

Good luck with everything
P x
Old Apr 15th 2006, 11:50 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Sydney ...........

The Easter show is on at the moment until 21 April (Olympic Park), well worth a visit
Old Apr 16th 2006, 12:06 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Two things:

Cheers!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

I'e been looking out for your 'i've arrived post' (even though I havent done one myself yet!!). We've been in Richmond for 2 weeks now and things seem to be slotting into place quite easily. Went up the Blue Mountains Friday - good god its stunning up there isnt it.

Gonna PM you too!

Take care

Rach xxxx
Old Apr 16th 2006, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the earlier poster - under NO circumstances are you allowed to go to the conservation hut at winny falls for a latte, and certainly not breakfast! Not unless you come get me first and we go together!!!!

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.