Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Well done Andy Murray

Well done Andy Murray

Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well done Andy Murray

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I'd strongly disagree there. Henman didn't really have that much talent...compared to other players around him at the time. I am a strong believer that he was actually an over-achiever. His talent was very limited but he managed to make do what he had.

Murray on the otherhand is genuinely one of the 4 best players in the world right now. He has beaten Federer and Nadal on quite a few ocassions, something Henman was incapable of doing (beating Sampras and Agassi that is). There's not much to be ashamed of in losing your previous grandslam finals to someone who will probably be remembered as the best player of all time.

I do, however believe that Djokovic will win tomorrow, he seems to be at the top of his game and Murray is just hitting too many unforced errors at the moment. Murray will win a GS one day but I don't think it will be this time around
Well said.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:42 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...and there we have the unbiased opinion of the Poisonous Irish Pixy Party.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I want Andy Murray to win. To maximise enjoyment for all watching the tennis on Channel 7, can someone in Melbourne please break into the commentary box and either put knock-out drops in Bruce McAvaney's drink or put duct tape firmly over his mouth .

(Note to self: do not go anywhere near the computer during the breaks to avoid finding out the result. Maybe one day WA will get tennis live .)
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I want Andy Murray to win. To maximise enjoyment for all watching the tennis on Channel 7, can someone in Melbourne please break into the commentary box and either put knock-out drops in Bruce McAvaney's drink or put duct tape firmly over his mouth .

(Note to self: do not go anywhere near the computer during the breaks to avoid finding out the result. Maybe one day WA will get tennis live .)
They don't show it live??????
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:30 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Nothing is live in WA
Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:57 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

The Semi-final was ruined for me by Ch7.

I was enjoying watching it but it was getting a bit late so I figured I might watch the last set in bed...

Technical issues in my house meant the best way of doing this was to try the much over-advertised "Optus iPhone app"...

So I downloaded the app and was promptly told that Murray had won. Prior to that I had NO IDEA that Ch7 were being timezone bastards and were delaying the QLD broadcast by an hour.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:32 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
So I downloaded the app and was promptly told that Murray had won. Prior to that I had NO IDEA that Ch7 were being timezone bastards and were delaying the QLD broadcast by an hour.
They always have done so that they can keep their precious news and Home & Away in the same spots. One of the reasons why I boycott channel 7 altogether, they have no respect for their viewers one bit
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Nothing is live in WA
Only BE posters, in fact, maybe the whole website is what gives us the motivation to carry on.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by papilon
We will get the men's final live, but all the evening matches are delayed, so I saw the result of the Andy Murray semi-final because I saw this thread during one of the breaks. Last night I was checking the cyclone updates on ABC and saw the result of the women's final, when we had only seen the first set here in Perth.

It's even worse when Wimbledon is on. You would think that we'd be able to watch it live at a decent time here in Perth, with the time difference on our side for once. But no, they show Wimbledon at 10.30 pm every night. You begin to hope that matches aren't 5-setters, because you don't get much sleep, if you can stay awake that long. We might get the women's and men's finals live only, nothing else. You have to avoid watching news on any other channel or online. The last week in June and 1st week in July, WA is in the sleep deprivation time zone .
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I checked the TV schedule earlier and saw that tennis started at the same time in WA as VIC, but it turns out that that's the mixed doubles final. The men's final starts at 1830, so unless it starts at 2130 in Melbourne, it means that we've not even getting the men's final live here in Perth. Channel 7 are the pits.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:21 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
We will get the men's final live, but all the evening matches are delayed, so I saw the result of the Andy Murray semi-final because I saw this thread during one of the breaks. Last night I was checking the cyclone updates on ABC and saw the result of the women's final, when we had only seen the first set here in Perth.
We're not getting the men's final live in Perth. It's the usual 3 hour delay.
While it's actually being played 'live' in Melbourne, Channel 7 are treating us to, Fishing Western Australia, "another chance to see" Perths Australia Day Skyworks, Mercurio's Menu, and the news. "Our" final starts at 7.30 Perth time, (10.30 in Melbourne) by which time it will probably be all done and dusted. Bloody ridiculous!

I've got my rellies in Scotland well warned not to phone us with the result, as the match is being shown live in Scotland.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Let's hope this tropical low coming in doesn't cut the power.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:40 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I have a huge gay crush on Novak, I hope he removes his shirt many times during the game.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:04 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I have a huge gay crush on Novak, I hope he removes his shirt many times during the game.
Too much info.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Nothing is live in WA
Nothing is Alive in WA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.