Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Weird stuff you have done.

Weird stuff you have done.

Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weird stuff you have done.

Returning from one of those boys football trips overseas ..."Blakenberg" in this case... Got so pissed up, that on the way back the Express train travelled from Dover back up to Victoria, It slowed to what appeared just over a walking pace around Penge, Which was damn close to where I was living at the time.In fact the train had been travelling slowly. to what looked like just over walking speed for the last couple of stations. Which led to one of the sillier visions in my life... I boozily boasted to the rest of the boys .. 'If this train is slow at the next station I'm getting orf, so as to save me the trip back from Victoria"... or something similar to that...

I got up as Penge approached and the Train seemed to slow even more. I opened the Train door as we started to seemingly crawl slowly through the late dusk at Penge station. One of me mates then chucked me bloody suitcase off., It felt like I had no choice. What looked like walking pace was probably well over 15MPH... I jumped with little hesitation or planning and of course instead of landing on my feet, as potrayed in the movies especially the one in my head, Tripped then skidded across the gravel on my hands and knees for about 5 meters. Didnt hurt too bad at the time... After a long and stiffening walk to the other end of the Station to retreive the dented case, Found it was quite difficult carrying the case with bleeding palms and walking with jeanless, skinless and now dripping Knees.

The ticket collector couldnt beleive it when I walked through the barrier dripping blood everywhere. I think he said incredulously "You didn't jump off that train did you' ? I felt the pain for the next week or more. Twas far more diffiicult getting home than I had anticipated 2 minutes before hand... .

It was one of those "I'll never do that again moments" I haven't either
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:37 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I killed Osama Bin Laden.
Let me guess Daffyd...................... you were employed as court jester & he died of boredom?
The yanks made the rest up
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a freak out when i turned 30. Walked into the boses office, resigned on the spot, asked for all money owing to be paid in cash there and then. He obliged. Drove to Birmingham Thai embassy and then to Heathrow. Called the wife from Heathrow to say i was moving to Thailand and didnt know when i might be back. That was a weird day.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:51 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
I had a freak out when i turned 30. Walked into the boses office, resigned on the spot, asked for all money owing to be paid in cash there and then. He obliged. Drove to Birmingham Thai embassy and then to Heathrow. Called the wife from Heathrow to say i was moving to Thailand and didnt know when i might be back. That was a weird day.
After that, driving a tank seems just pretty normal.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
After that, driving a tank seems just pretty normal.
I am alsoa very lucky guy as she was still here waiting for me.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I did something very similar. Not long after my 30th birthday back in SA, I was sitting at work and decided there and then that I was going to see the world. So I typed out and printed a resignation letter, gave it to my boss, and 2 weeks later I was on Venice Beach in California.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I did something very similar. Not long after my 30th birthday back in SA, I was sitting at work and decided there and then that I was going to see the world. So I typed out and printed a resignation letter, gave it to my boss, and 2 weeks later I was on Venice Beach in California.
Maybe there is something that happens to the brain when you turn 30. Like it has a bit of a spin or something
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there is something that happens to the brain when you turn 30. Like it has a bit of a spin or something
My husband starting seeing me a couple of weeks after his 30th Birthday

Maybe I'm weird stuff he's done....
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LouiseR
My husband starting seeing me a couple of weeks after his 30th Birthday

Maybe I'm weird stuff he's done....
Well, what goes on in your bedroom is up to you
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:28 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Think I've told this before but basically I was steering a warship in the middle of the night and the compass went haywire.The backup gyro compass failed and we were in limbo for about 30 minutes.
Yeah yeah and of course the Iranian navy believed you
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:32 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Returning from one of those boys football trips overseas ..."Blakenberg" in this case... Got so pissed up, that on the way back the Express train travelled from Dover back up to Victoria, It slowed to what appeared just over a walking pace around Penge, Which was damn close to where I was living at the time.In fact the train had been travelling slowly. to what looked like just over walking speed for the last couple of stations. Which led to one of the sillier visions in my life... I boozily boasted to the rest of the boys .. 'If this train is slow at the next station I'm getting orf, so as to save me the trip back from Victoria"... or something similar to that...

I got up as Penge approached and the Train seemed to slow even more. I opened the Train door as we started to seemingly crawl slowly through the late dusk at Penge station. One of me mates then chucked me bloody suitcase off., It felt like I had no choice. What looked like walking pace was probably well over 15MPH... I jumped with little hesitation or planning and of course instead of landing on my feet, as potrayed in the movies especially the one in my head, Tripped then skidded across the gravel on my hands and knees for about 5 meters. Didnt hurt too bad at the time... After a long and stiffening walk to the other end of the Station to retreive the dented case, Found it was quite difficult carrying the case with bleeding palms and walking with jeanless, skinless and now dripping Knees.

The ticket collector couldnt beleive it when I walked through the barrier dripping blood everywhere. I think he said incredulously "You didn't jump off that train did you' ? I felt the pain for the next week or more. Twas far more diffiicult getting home than I had anticipated 2 minutes before hand... .

It was one of those "I'll never do that again moments" I haven't either
i did similiar outside Avignon station,thank's for bringing back that memory.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Weird stuff - (probably not that weird on reflection)....:

- Taken a Uni exam under the influence of LSD (perversly scored higher than any other uni work I did!).
- Played in a funk band gig wearing big fluffy dog slippers with floppy ears and a green plastic monster mask.
- Got kidnapped by a rogue tourist operator in Thailand and then once we realised what had happened, ended up in a mad-capped dash across the country in taxis, on the back of a ute and bicyles to catch up with the coach to KL we were originally booked on.
- Hitch-hiked from Staffordshire to Amsterdam - and got there QUICKER than people using paid public transport. (Althoguh mine did include a very scary ride with a looney in a Mercedes driving at 140kmh in thick fog with almost zero visibility taking occasional sips from a can of heineken in his hand ! (Those crazy dutch people - ya! )

Probably plenty of crazier stuff than that - but I'm struggling to recall anything worth re-telling.... thats a bit sad isnt it?
Nothing I would have to offer would top any of that! Gee I have led a sheltered life!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 7:50 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I slept in an MFO box (wooden crate the army used to use for moving personal belongings) cos I fell in it and was so drunk I couldn't get out.

Sailed a yacht in the Enghlish Channel at night, trying to avoid the biiiig tankers that we hoped could see us!

Leant over the front of a yacht with a torch yelling out cos the fog was soooo thick you couldnt see your hand in front of your face in the Baltic Sea.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
That's hilarious!
It was for an April 1st spoof, the supermarket was closed to the public and about 8 of us shopped naked, we had an absolute blast filming it.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I've eaten zebra and gnu in Tanzania.

We drove UK to Turkey in a brand new Ford Cortina. Later we drove back and detoured round Bulgaria cos we didn't like it.

Bumped into someone I knew in San Francisco bus station, a hotel in Singapore and the Petronas towers in KL.

Rolling a car in Greece and ending upright, but off the road on top of a cliff. (Small cut to thumb).

Last edited by lesleys; Jan 20th 2012 at 10:05 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.