British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Weird dreams...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/weird-dreams-383958/)

nursenancy Jul 9th 2006 11:14 am

Weird dreams......

Been 6mths since last posted so things must be all good as they say! Recently started to hae some weird dreams involving me and OH. Last one was really disturbing, just wondered if any of you had any ideas?

First of me and OH are on a trek, I have a guide, OH doesn't, we get seperated going through some islands and I'm desperately looking for him. Guide tells me not to bother looking and to carry on walking without OH.

Then I come to a place in England, (well English looking houses on either side of the road). I'm in a house living with an ex boyfriend, OH is on the other side of the road in a derelict house and is rebuilding it. He won't acknowledge me, its as if I'm not there. He seems happy rebuilding the house. All I can do is watch him. No matter how much I scream and shout he can't hear me.

any thoughts on what could be happening? Lucid dreams like this scare me, I actually woke up sweating buckets! :(

nursenancy Jul 9th 2006 11:24 am

Re: Weird dreams......

Originally Posted by nursenancy
Been 6mths since last posted so things must be all good as they say! Recently started to hae some weird dreams involving me and OH. Last one was really disturbing, just wondered if any of you had any ideas?

First of me and OH are on a trek, I have a guide, OH doesn't, we get seperated going through some islands and I'm desperately looking for him. Guide tells me not to bother looking and to carry on walking without OH.

Then I come to a place in England, (well English looking houses on either side of the road). I'm in a house living with an ex boyfriend, OH is on the other side of the road in a derelict house and is rebuilding it. He won't acknowledge me, its as if I'm not there. He seems happy rebuilding the house. All I can do is watch him. No matter how much I scream and shout he can't hear me.

any thoughts on what could be happening? Lucid dreams like this scare me, I actually woke up sweating buckets! :(

forgot to add that other than the normal stresses and strains of family life, nothing else is going on, marriage ok etc Its a puzzel and its bugging me!

Shakmaty Jul 9th 2006 11:26 am

forgot to add that other than the normal stresses and strains of family life, nothing else is going on, marriage ok etc Its a puzzel and its bugging me!

Have you been eating lots of chocky as comfort food before bedtime? :D

glittababe Jul 9th 2006 11:28 am

weird indeed! I've had something similar recently, I woke up and smacked other half for leaving me alone in aus!!! :D Poor bloke wondered what it was all about! I always imagine the worst, what if its a prediction and the unthinkable was going to happen etc Have learnt now that sometimes dreams mean other things. Have you got a dream dictionary?

tucs Jul 9th 2006 11:29 am

Have to admit to always having strange dreams, usualy involves wonderwoman and me dressed up as superman, or have i got the wrong end of the stick?? :confused:

glittababe Jul 9th 2006 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Have you been eating lots of chocky as comfort food before bedtime? :D

or cheese? or both? :eek:

Shakmaty Jul 9th 2006 11:35 am

Originally Posted by glittababe
or cheese? or both? :eek:

Cheesy chocky???? That could be marketable, you know :D

lollyno1 Jul 9th 2006 11:40 am

hi

hope your recoverd from your dream...its awful when they happen...Its normal really, im no expert but reads something akin to security...ie husband rebuilding derilict home, could be concerns over building new life in aus..where as old boyfriend may represent a part of your life when you were settled and secure..ie thinking of your life in england and how safe it is(was!!)..but longing to move on...

as i said im no expert...I think its normal to have dreams like this..thats when your subconcious mind deals with concerens that are deeply buried...]

now mine the other night was about the cat being flushed down the loo!!! had to finally drag her out by her tail...(she fell in when i was trying to access a loo in the loft, despite there being two in the room i was in..!!)

so god knows what that represents..lol

hope you have a good nights sleep tonight.

glittababe Jul 9th 2006 11:49 am

Originally Posted by lollyno1
hi

hope your recoverd from your dream...its awful when they happen...Its normal really, im no expert but reads something akin to security...ie husband rebuilding derilict home, could be concerns over building new life in aus..where as old boyfriend may represent a part of your life when you were settled and secure..ie thinking of your life in england and how safe it is(was!!)..but longing to move on...

as i said im no expert...I think its normal to have dreams like this..thats when your subconcious mind deals with concerens that are deeply buried...]

now mine the other night was about the cat being flushed down the loo!!! had to finally drag her out by her tail...(she fell in when i was trying to access a loo in the loft, despite there being two in the room i was in..!!)

so god knows what that represents..lol

hope you have a good nights sleep tonight.

very sensible reply. My dream book says that to see a toilet in your dream, symbolizes a release of emotions or getting rid of something in your life that is useless. The cat maybe? To see a cat means you are overcoming obstacles in your life - but then flushing it down the loo?????? :confused: ah dear time for :zzz: happy migration dreams evereyone!

gobbyjock Jul 9th 2006 11:50 am

I had a dream the other day I was at work walking round with load of yellow post it notes stuck to my face :rolleyes:

glittababe Jul 9th 2006 11:51 am

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I had a dream the other day I was at work walking round with load of yellow post it notes stuck to my face :rolleyes:

did they say 'kick me'??? Wasn't a dream mate :D I'd watch your colleagues and your back!

possoms Jul 9th 2006 11:52 am

Ok here's my interpretaion of it:

I'm presuming by your username you are a nurse and was it your skills that got you there?? if so this is why you have a guide and your OH doesnt, and emigrating is the trek.

England and your ex is your past and it seems that your looking into the future at you hubby building a new life, he cant hear you cos your in the past.

I reckon its all the stresses off your new life coming out and that its pretty normal :)

lollyno1 Jul 9th 2006 11:52 am

Originally Posted by gobbyjock

thats reality for me...always stiking post its all over...and on the kids in class as well.lol

lollyno1 Jul 9th 2006 11:55 am

Originally Posted by glittababe
very sensible reply. My dream book says that to see a toilet in your dream, symbolizes a release of emotions or getting rid of something in your life that is useless. The cat maybe? To see a cat means you are overcoming obstacles in your life - but then flushing it down the loo?????? :confused: ah dear time for :zzz: happy migration dreams evereyone!

oh dear..the useless things still here...!!!!

as for the cat..it belonged to the useless thing..now i have her. In the dream she actually climed on to the pan and fell in...as i tried to get her out the loo flushed...

glittababe Jul 9th 2006 11:59 am

Originally Posted by possoms
Ok here's my interpretaion of it:

I'm presuming by your username you are a nurse and was it your skills that got you there?? if so this is why you have a guide and your OH doesnt, and emigrating is the trek.

England and your ex is your past and it seems that your looking into the future at you hubby building a new life, he cant hear you cos your in the past.

I reckon its all the stresses off your new life coming out and that its pretty normal :)

oooo your good! I would never have thought of that!