Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY HELP - MAGAZINE ALBUM?

WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY HELP - MAGAZINE ALBUM?

Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:51 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY HELP - MAGAZINE ALBUM?

Hi guys.

I have a client who's talking about getting a wedding 'magazine album' for her shots.

I've done a google... found a couple but I need more info.

Has anyone had one done? How is it formed? Hard cover? soft cover? What protects the images from too frequent handling?

If anyone's had one done and can put me in touch with a supplier of these in NSW I'd be very happy to hear from you.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Sep 11th 2009 at 12:53 am.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY HELP - MAGAZINE ALBUM?

Hi there

I'm a wedding photographer down in Melbourne!

Are you a wedding photographer up there or do you have a client who already has her photos?

Most Australian photographers use Seldex or Albums Australia - where the prints are made and then adhered to the pages - you just have to be careful with the prints especially if you have the metallic ones as they do get damaged more easily.

If your client wants a lower cost option then you could look at the self-publishing route and do a coffee table book, we get ours done through The Edge a pro lab in Melbourne. Most of the photographers seem to use the Melbourne suppliers!

If you need more info then just PM me or if you didn't want to do that type of album yourself we offer a album design service.

Hope this helps!

Kim
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi there

I'm a wedding photographer down in Melbourne!

Are you a wedding photographer up there or do you have a client who already has her photos?

Most Australian photographers use Seldex or Albums Australia - where the prints are made and then adhered to the pages - you just have to be careful with the prints especially if you have the metallic ones as they do get damaged more easily.

If your client wants a lower cost option then you could look at the self-publishing route and do a coffee table book, we get ours done through The Edge a pro lab in Melbourne. Most of the photographers seem to use the Melbourne suppliers!

If you need more info then just PM me or if you didn't want to do that type of album yourself we offer a album design service.

Hope this helps!

Kim
She hasn't got the shots yet. Wedding in Nov.

I suggested the coffee table type thing but this is what her hub wants.

Thanks Kim. I'll get in touch if I can't locate anything up here.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:00 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Hi guys.

I have a client who's talking about getting a wedding 'magazine album' for her shots.

I've done a google... found a couple but I need more info.

Has anyone had one done? How is it formed? Hard cover? soft cover? What protects the images from too frequent handling?

If anyone's had one done and can put me in touch with a supplier of these in NSW I'd be very happy to hear from you.
http://www.photobookaustralia.com.au/?pg=index
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Thank you gorgeous. That looks great.