Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

We all agree its cold now, so why are.....

We all agree its cold now, so why are.....

Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down We all agree its cold now, so why are.....

the schools are being so mean to the children, that children arent allowed to wear a overcoat or scarfes???
just the school jumper isnt enough in NSW IMO.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We all agree its cold now, so why are.....

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
the schools are being so mean to the children, that children arent allowed to wear a overcoat or scarfes???
It's to toughen up the little darlings

Man up kids
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

It's character building . . . you'll thank them in years to come.

"Preppies . . . tufen the **** up!"
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:27 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Our kid has a jumper on today, as long as it's school issue it's all good.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:43 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Our kid has a jumper on today, as long as it's school issue it's all good.
I've got it all coming with the high school my son is going to be attending from Jan. Only allowed to wear the school gear, right down to the socks. One pair of socks are 7 bux, the hat is 70 bux
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I've got it all coming with the high school my son is going to be attending from Jan. Only allowed to wear the school gear, right down to the socks. One pair of socks are 7 bux, the hat is 70 bux
$70 for a kids hat?? If he loses it you're allowed to beat him, no judge would convict
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Even the socks? That's a bit much ... and $70 for a hat

We seem to be a bit more realistic out here, it'll probably ramp up once the kid hits high school though ... next thing to shell out on is girl guide camp, all good fun building tomorrow's citizens innit?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

When my daughter went to Somerville it was the same, had to have the right socks, winter dress hat, summer dress hat, play hat, summer uniform, winter uniform, blazer (once they hit grade 4), very expensive little exercise. And then there are all the uniforms for different musical ensembles and sporting activities, school swimmers, swim caps, sports bag, swim bag, school bag, chair bag, homework bag, library bag. The joy of private schooling - the uniform shop makes a killing.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Can I disagree that's it's cold?

I have to keep up this northern male pom image for a little while at least.

Though no one knows I'm wearing a vest.....
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:55 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
When my daughter went to Somerville it was the same, had to have the right socks, winter dress hat, summer dress hat, play hat, summer uniform, winter uniform, blazer (once they hit grade 4), very expensive little exercise. And then there are all the uniforms for different musical ensembles and sporting activities, school swimmers, swim caps, sports bag, swim bag, school bag, chair bag, homework bag, library bag. The joy of private schooling - the uniform shop makes a killing.
Indeed. I thought they had made a mistake with the price of the hat, but no.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Even the socks? That's a bit much ... and $70 for a hat

We seem to be a bit more realistic out here, it'll probably ramp up once the kid hits high school though ... next thing to shell out on is girl guide camp, all good fun building tomorrow's citizens innit?
Oh yes indeedy do.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Send him to a school with cheap hats. Sorted.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

No uniforms at the schools my kids have been too in the past or go too now.

Brunswick South Primary
Fitzroy Secondary
Coburg High.... years 9-12.

There are quite a few around here with No uniform.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

22c isn't cold
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
No uniforms at the schools my kids have been too in the past or go too now.

Brunswick South Primary
Fitzroy Secondary
Coburg High.... years 9-12.

There are quite a few around here with No uniform.
Jesus that must be freezing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.