Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

We all agree its cold now, so why are.....

We all agree its cold now, so why are.....

Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We all agree its cold now, so why are.....

My daughter begged me to buy her a school scarf- it was $40.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
My daughter begged me to buy her a school scarf- it was $40.
At least your daughter can wear a scarf but at $40 is steep.

Wasn't it icy cold today.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you send her in a coat with a letter Fari? I would!!!! If it is cold and they have to walk to school or wait about for buses it isn't on... Shouldn't be a problem as long as they are school colours or neutral colours....

Put in the letter that if she catches pneumonia you'll forward the bill to the school
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Reedy;9418357]Can't you send her in a coat with a letter Fari? I would!!!! If it is cold and they have to walk to school or wait about for buses it isn't on... Shouldn't be a problem as long as they are school colours or neutral colours....

Put in the letter that if she catches pneumonia you'll forward the bill to the school [/

Not allowed hon, B got a warning for a wearing a cardie over her uniform.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I remember being so cold going to school that I felt sick, we had OKish winter coats but not really adequate, we had to wear skirt, socks and shoes and froze our tits off.

I vowed never to feel that cold ever again but we all did it and I remember doing PE in those awful gym knickers with my legs turning to mottled purple with the cold.

I certainly dont like the cold now but never felt hard done by at school, it was cold, it was what we wore or had to wear and we got on with it.

But I shudder at the nightmare of cross country and then getting in the shower trying to avoid the PE teacher peaking in to see if we were really wet and naked.

School of life and hard knocks doesnt cover it.

Hahah i remember the cross country run so well on a frosty foggy january morning. We had a rock hard Welsh PE teacher called Trevor Wild, the usual suspects would turn up with a little note from mummy saying Timmy can't do PE today bla bla bla, Wildy just used to rip up the letter and tell them to get changed, but they didn't have any kit so they would end up having to do it in Y-fronts and vest and some daggy black plimsoles half way round we had to cross under a motorway through some huge drainage pipes!!!! needless to say in winter they always had plenty of water in them and many a kid was pushed under.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have such basic issues with a school.... If they cant justify their lack of common sense... Remove your kid and take your custom else where....

If marks and spencers wouldnt sell you baxters chicken soup, they would onlymsell you baxters chicken and mushroom, even though baxters produce chicken soup without mushrooms you,d go to waitrose right?

Go purchase you education from a provider that meets your needs....
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Showers! My god you don't know you're born . . . they used to just roll us down a snow-covered slag heap and then hose us down with windscreen de-icer!
You had windscreen de-icer? Holy crap! They used to just chip the ice off us with icepicks when we got to school.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:08 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Hahah i remember the cross country run so well on a frosty foggy january morning. We had a rock hard Welsh PE teacher called Trevor Wild, the usual suspects would turn up with a little note from mummy saying Timmy can't do PE today bla bla bla, Wildy just used to rip up the letter and tell them to get changed, but they didn't have any kit so they would end up having to do it in Y-fronts and vest and some daggy black plimsoles half way round we had to cross under a motorway through some huge drainage pipes!!!! needless to say in winter they always had plenty of water in them and many a kid was pushed under.
I can still smell the mould in those showers, that damp horrible feeling that comes from years of dripping taps.

And any teacher that needs to cop a feel to see if you are wet has serious issues.

Cross country - Jesus Christ, the memories, I would rather eat my own toes.

However, indoor sports in the gym - pretty cool and I was pretty good at hurdles.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I can still smell the mould in those showers, that damp horrible feeling that comes from years of dripping taps.

And any teacher that needs to cop a feel to see if you are wet has serious issues.

Cross country - Jesus Christ, the memories, I would rather eat my own toes.

However, indoor sports in the gym - pretty cool and I was pretty good at hurdles.
Only sport i enjoyed was hockey... And thats coz I got to wield an offensive weapon and cause injury, pain and destruction in a ligitimate arena...
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:19 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Only sport i enjoyed was hockey... And thats coz I got to wield an offensive weapon and cause injury, pain and destruction in a ligitimate arena...
I remember how starving I would be after games and never had 'healthy snacks' with me like experts recommend. I would be so hungry and by the time I caught the school coach home, I would walk up the lane to my house with my legs so shaky I wondered if I would get there - serious hunger pangs.

Then I would smell Mums chicken casserole/baked potatoes and I would eat my bodyweight in food and go to bed exhausted.

Thats just how it was, no computer or PC games, you got your exercise at school and after hours playing outside with your mates and you worked up one hell of an appetite doing so.

And now my appetite is ruined because you are tempting me with Cadburys chocolate on Facebook and stories of Flakes and Mars Bars.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I remember how starving I would be after games and never had 'healthy snacks' with me like experts recommend. I would be so hungry and by the time I caught the school coach home, I would walk up the lane to my house with my legs so shaky I wondered if I would get there - serious hunger pangs.

Then I would smell Mums chicken casserole/baked potatoes and I would eat my bodyweight in food and go to bed exhausted.

Thats just how it was, no computer or PC games, you got your exercise at school and after hours playing outside with your mates and you worked up one hell of an appetite doing so.

And now my appetite is ruined because you are tempting me with Cadburys chocolate on Facebook and stories of Flakes and Mars Bars.

Those were the days... No computers... What was it like? And kids tv that ended at five in the evening... After blue peter... Or magpie depending which you watched...

Sunday late arvo tv series like follyfoot, black beauty, little house on the prairie or worzel gummidge (i was too old for worzel gummidge, but it was on so we watched it)...... Try telling you kids that the TV would go OFF over night and nothing would be broadcast! They wont believe you!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:31 pm

Those were the days... No computers... What was it like? And kids tv that ended at five in the evening... After blue peter... Or magpie depending which you watched...

Sunday late arvo tv series like follyfoot, black beauty, little house on the prairie or worzel gummidge (i was too old for worzel gummidge, but it was on so we watched it)...... Try telling you kids that the TV would go OFF over night and nothing would be broadcast! They wont believe you!
Oh Eddie, Follyfoot! I loved that program, I can still imagine the music and Little House on the Prairie on a Sunday morning. Being given a pound or so to get sherbert dib dabs or space dust.

Because we didnt get a lot of sweets, it was pure pleasure to have something like that.

Do you remember 'Blakes Seven'? - I think it was on a Sunday or Monday night, each time I heard that music, I knew it was time for bed and I hated it, and Panorama music reminds me of bedtime and I would be in bed awake at night waiting for it to finish, thinking 'bugger, school again soon'.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh Eddie, Follyfoot! I loved that program, I can still imagine the music and Little House on the Prairie on a Sunday morning. Being given a pound or so to get sherbert dib dabs or space dust.

Because we didnt get a lot of sweets, it was pure pleasure to have something like that.

Do you remember 'Blakes Seven'? - I think it was on a Sunday or Monday night, each time I heard that music, I knew it was time for bed and I hated it, and Panorama music reminds me of bedtime and I would be in bed awake at night waiting for it to finish, thinking 'bugger, school again soon'.
Blakes seven... Yep but a pound!!!!! 20p paid for my Beano comic And sweeties... Never had a pound!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:43 pm

Blakes seven... Yep but a pound!!!!! 20p paid for my Beano comic And sweeties... Never had a pound!!!!!
I cant remember how much it was to be honest, I remember the fruit salad chews and the black jacks and 'traffic light' lollies - I loved the red ones and Panda Pops drinks.

And a treat was if Mum made 'chips in a bag' smothered in ketchup and you got to take them out to eat with your mates, I can still smell the cooking fat.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

We got a pound between the six of us.Somehow we got loads with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.