Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Watch out for the Sun Newspaper tomorrow

Wikiposts

Watch out for the Sun Newspaper tomorrow

Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:01 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch out for the Sun Newspaper tomorrow

Compassion and humanity ? You do know who that is in the photo don't you ?

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Whatever he was supposed to be guilty of,where is the compassion and humanity, publishing these photos is wrong.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bingobob777
I wonder who's responsible for the death of more innocent people, Gaddafi or Tony Blair?

I wonder what the world response would be to Iran supporting a band of British rebels looking to oust the despots in charge of the UK?
Well, you COULD always go to England, form a political party, or join an existing one, get yourself elected to Parliament, then get rid of all the present despots.

Although despots do not usually recognize elections unless they control them when they always seem to win by at least 110 per cent.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Just seen it on the news now and I couldnt watch it - when they dragged him out injured.

I know he was an evil man but I still felt really uncomfortable watching him being dragged out like that.

I wonder what will happen in Libya now?
What you witnessed there was a fair trial by judge and jury according to Middle Eastern standards.

What will probably happen next in Libya, is some form of democracy according to Middle Eastern standards, perhaps suitably enhanced by Sharia Law (unless they opt for the Israeli model which is, of course, far, far, worse.)
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't really thought to much about the rights or wrongs of publishing these pictures except I changed channels when my young daughters entered the room.

I think what they did to him was absolutelly right. Up until he died people were dying in the fighting on both sides. Now he's dead it seems to have stopped. If they'd captured him a lot more bloodshed would have followed.

It's all very well people in the West saying there should have been a trial etc but they are saying that in countries that have generations of democracy. I think most in Libya will be glad he's dead and not paraded on TV for months on end glorifying in his crimes.

I only hope the people get a better life now that is more to their own choosing.

Keel
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 11:10 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
I hadn't really thought to much about the rights or wrongs of publishing these pictures except I changed channels when my young daughters entered the room.

I think what they did to him was absolutelly right. Up until he died people were dying in the fighting on both sides. Now he's dead it seems to have stopped. If they'd captured him a lot more bloodshed would have followed.

It's all very well people in the West saying there should have been a trial etc but they are saying that in countries that have generations of democracy. I think most in Libya will be glad he's dead and not paraded on TV for months on end glorifying in his crimes.

I only hope the people get a better life now that is more to their own choosing.

Keel
I don't really care if he was shot or whatever (harsh as that may sound) - what bothers me is the absolutely salivating, sanctimonious, smug, self-righteous joy over the death of another human being. Particularly fuelled by certain elements of the western media.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:53 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I don't really care if he was shot or whatever (harsh as that may sound) - what bothers me is the absolutely salivating, sanctimonious, smug, self-righteous joy over the death of another human being. Particularly fuelled by certain elements of the western media.

I saw no need to parade his body on TV or in the newspapers.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
That's what I object to, too. Yes, he was a tyrant and yes, he deserved to be punished for his crimes against humanity. However the revelling in his death are what bothers me. In my opinion this behaviour simply lowers those celebrating to his level.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

I saw no need to parade his body on TV or in the newspapers.
That, too. Children are exposed to far too many graphic images and this just is not necessary.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 1:01 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's what I object to, too. Yes, he was a tyrant and yes, he deserved to be punished for his crimes against humanity. However the revelling in his death are what bothers me. In my opinion this behaviour simply lowers those celebrating to his level.

That, too. Children are exposed to far too many graphic images and this just is not necessary.
I hate violent films and never watch them, saw far too many when I was younger as in late teens, now I cannot stand it.

Parading him so publicly rather reminded me of cock fighting and there was no need and yes, I reckon it makes us lower than low for doing it.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am surprised that I felt a bit sorry for him and perhaps that is a 'normal' human response to another's suffering.

But most of the celebrations were in Libya not in the streets of London.

Why shouldn't we enjoy a bit of a gloat too, another entirely human response to another's suffering, especially when you think back to Louise Fletcher's murder and Lockerbie.

I would have preferred to see him get a trial but then again, when those photo's are flashed around the other Middle Eastern dictatorships it will put the wind up them too.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saveme
/ especially when you think back to Louise Fletcher's murder and Lockerbie.

Do you mean Yvonne Fletcher?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you mean Yvonne Fletcher?
Yes, that is correct. I wish I had checked her name before I did this post. Her death is one of those incidents that has always upset me.